New member from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I have been browsing this and other forums for several years now, but today I decided to join.

I started vaping three or four years ago when our cigarette shop began selling Phoenix Vapor e-cigs. I have bought two different versions of the PV kits, and for various reasons, I didn't use them for more than six months.

Next came a Metro kit which was really bad. I bought that last year.

This year, the cigarette shop had some Puff e-Liquid Tank Kits, and I bought one of those today.

I decided to join because it would probably give me more incentive to keep vaping rather than smoking, if I interacted with other vapers.

I am 61 years old, and have been smoking since I was 18. My husband also smokes, but doesn't like vaping. I really do want to vape and quit smoking completely, but I think I need to interact with others in order to be successful.

I also wanted to join because of all the propaganda I am hearing about vaping on the radio. I want to be part of a larger community, to fight legislation against PVs.

I hope to become a valued member of this community!

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Welcome to the ECF Kathi
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have been browsing this and other forums for several years now, but today I decided to join.

I started vaping three or four years ago when our cigarette shop began selling Phoenix Vapor e-cigs. I have bought two different versions of the PV kits, and for various reasons, I didn't use them for more than six months.

Next came a Metro kit which was really bad. I bought that last year.

This year, the cigarette shop had some Puff e-Liquid Tank Kits, and I bought one of those today.

I decided to join because it would probably give me more incentive to keep vaping rather than smoking, if I interacted with other vapers.

I am 61 years old, and have been smoking since I was 18. My husband also smokes, but doesn't like vaping. I really do want to vape and quit smoking completely, but I think I need to interact with others in order to be successful.

I also wanted to join because of all the propaganda I am hearing about vaping on the radio. I want to be part of a larger community, to fight legislation against PVs.

I hope to become a valued member of this community!

Welcome; I'm 50; was in hospital last year- smoking related; discovered ecigs this year; I started ecigs with the cigalikes; costs maybe the same or more that regular cigs, but it provided an easy step to take.

Keep talking and I'm sure you'll find a way to quit the ashtray.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I have been hospitalized several times with smoking related problems, and unsuccessfully tried things like patches. I think the thing I like about vaping is that I get to inhale. I missed that with the patches.

I was looking at another thread here, and saw a really cool pipe thing another lady was using. I'm thinking that this time, quitting might be fun!

Kang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Suffolk County, NY
www.sos-k.com
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I have been hospitalized several times with smoking related problems, and unsuccessfully tried things like patches. I think the thing I like about vaping is that I get to inhale. I missed that with the patches.

I was looking at another thread here, and saw a really cool pipe thing another lady was using. I'm thinking that this time, quitting might be fun!

Exploring new flavors and mods is SOOOOo much fun. You're definitely going to quit this time :D

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
Welcome kathi17. I am new to both as well. I have been cig free for 4 weeks now. I found that getting the nicotine levels right and a mindset that you want to quiet will help more than anything. Go to a vapor shop and find a flavor or flavors you really like (they will let you try all different kinds, if they don't find another shop) and go with it. Good luck and keep after it! :headbang:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Welcome kathi17. I am new to both as well. I have been cig free for 4 weeks now. I found that getting the nicotine levels right and a mindset that you want to quiet will help more than anything. Go to a vapor shop and find a flavor or flavors you really like (they will let you try all different kinds, if they don't find another shop) and go with it. Good luck and keep after it! :headbang:

Since I live on a tiny island in eastern Maine, we don't have any Vapor Shops, just the Cigarette Shopper, which is 40 miles away, and they don't have the latest and greatest! But I do have the internet, so I will have fun trying things that way.

Now that I've got a different type of system, it will give me an idea of what is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread