The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New member from Maine

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by kathi17, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    I have been browsing this and other forums for several years now, but today I decided to join.

I started vaping three or four years ago when our cigarette shop began selling Phoenix Vapor e-cigs. I have bought two different versions of the PV kits, and for various reasons, I didn't use them for more than six months.

Next came a Metro kit which was really bad. I bought that last year.

This year, the cigarette shop had some Puff e-Liquid Tank Kits, and I bought one of those today.

I decided to join because it would probably give me more incentive to keep vaping rather than smoking, if I interacted with other vapers.

I am 61 years old, and have been smoking since I was 18. My husband also smokes, but doesn't like vaping. I really do want to vape and quit smoking completely, but I think I need to interact with others in order to be successful.

I also wanted to join because of all the propaganda I am hearing about vaping on the radio. I want to be part of a larger community, to fight legislation against PVs.

I hope to become a valued member of this community!

2. Amiaji

Amiaji Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hello and welcome to ECF!

:vapor:

3. Dakota Jim

Dakota Jim Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to the ECF Kathi [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. omyeyes

omyeyes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Las Vapors, NV
    View attachment 289243

It's never too late!! My Dr. already noticed my lungs are better after just 6 months!! Glad you're here kathi17!!!!

5. Rancor0681

Rancor0681 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome I am new as well glad to have a new poster to start with haha

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Full Member Verified Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Manhattan, KS
  7. Kang

Kang Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    Welcome and congratulations on taking the first steps to quitting cigarettes! Best of luck to you and I hope your husband follows your example.

8. juceybrucey

juceybrucey Full Member

Dec 29, 2013
    N.W. Iowa U.S.A.
  9. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome; I'm 50; was in hospital last year- smoking related; discovered ecigs this year; I started ecigs with the cigalikes; costs maybe the same or more that regular cigs, but it provided an easy step to take.

Keep talking and I'm sure you'll find a way to quit the ashtray.

10. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
    Welcome to the forums. I hope you can keep it up and get your husband to quit with you and vape.

11. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I have been hospitalized several times with smoking related problems, and unsuccessfully tried things like patches. I think the thing I like about vaping is that I get to inhale. I missed that with the patches.

I was looking at another thread here, and saw a really cool pipe thing another lady was using. I'm thinking that this time, quitting might be fun!

12. Kang

Kang Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    Exploring new flavors and mods is SOOOOo much fun. You're definitely going to quit this time :D

13. Free6413

Free6413 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    Spring, Texas
    Welcome kathi17. I am new to both as well. I have been cig free for 4 weeks now. I found that getting the nicotine levels right and a mindset that you want to quiet will help more than anything. Go to a vapor shop and find a flavor or flavors you really like (they will let you try all different kinds, if they don't find another shop) and go with it. Good luck and keep after it! :headbang:

14. kathi17

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Since I live on a tiny island in eastern Maine, we don't have any Vapor Shops, just the Cigarette Shopper, which is 40 miles away, and they don't have the latest and greatest! But I do have the internet, so I will have fun trying things that way.

Now that I've got a different type of system, it will give me an idea of what is out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.