Hi from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
YAY - less than 48 hours after ordering...it's here!!! :rickroll: Super fast service, great price and they even threw in a wee sample bottle like evan le'garde said they would. Will definitely order from Paradise vape again.

Being a total newbie to this, I'd absolutely no clue what to do with it once I opened the package. lol Even the simple things like filling it were unknown territory, but a bit of 'how to' google searching and I'm delighted to say - she's up and running! Not entirely sure if I've put the settings right. Currently have it set to 8w...I think.

Should I just keep using it until the battery light goes yellow before giving it a first charge? Also, what other bits and parts should I get to go with the v3? It came with 5 iClear 16's, the charger and wall plug. I'm like a giddy kid at Christmas right now. lol

Loads more questions, mostly to do with juice, but I'll search the forum for the answers before bothering you guys with them.

Must get a cig free counter for my siggy too. Be interesting to see the savings added up vs the spending I'm doing on this.

Thanks again to for all your help everyone! I really was struggling to get my head around this stuff until I found you lot. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
One thing springs to mind. 8 watts is quite strong stuff - I rarely vape at 8 watts, not because I don't like it, but that's around the critical point for some clearomisers. If you should get some bad tastes (hot, metallic, burning-type) please turn in down. :)

If you need any help, please just ask.

I still can't get over the 5 iClears.... how many?... :)

What liquids have you already got?

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've just turned it down to 6 to be safe, but what setting would you recommend? Don't want to break the darn thing on it's first day out.

Juice is my next stumbling block. I just picked two going into it blind. Being an ex-Marlboro smoker, I went with their golden virgin and because I like them, I also got the Mojito one. I get the various nic levels, but was totally stumped by 'mostly pg, 50/50...' Ended up with 50/50 Golden and mostly pg Mojito. Absolutely no clue what that means. Luckily, I'm pretty flexible. lol

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
OK. 6 watts is well safe. I mostly end up adjusting to around 7.5 watts. I've just been outside puffing on some cigar flavour (found it in a rucksack from VapeFest 2013!!) and ramped it up to 9. (It's 8mg liquid, so no worries....)

I vape any PG/VG percentage, but most people have a favourite. 50/50 is good for vapour. 70/30 is a nice average. I make 80/20, but only through laziness.

I hope you like the flavours. I still enjoy a tobacco style liquid and mojito sounds nice.

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I went for 18 on the strength. Glad to hear it's more of a personal preference than a right or wrong thing when it comes to the PG/VG stuff. I don't mind trying different blends, but would hate to mess up my new toy using the wrong mix for the equipment.

Still not totally caught up on the lingo, but say I wanted to try the Mojito next. Do I wait until the tobacco one has been used up in the tank (is that what it's called?) and re-fill same using the different liquid? Or do you save one for the tobacco flavour and use a different one for the other flavour?

You've been very kind to put up with all these amateur hour questions. lol Thank you!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
18mg is good. I used 24mg with a basic e-cig and went straight down to 18 afterwards.

My advice would be to keep the tobacco iClear for tobacco. Menthol is probably the worst for swapping. I had a blue "evod" clearomiser I used for Menthols only.

I only had one iClear, and it had citrus liquid in from day one. I changed the atomizer head in it a few weeks ago and since then have been using 555 tobacco, Western Conqueror, that sort of thing.

Western Conqueror - E-liquids Gold Label - VIP E-Liquids

My basic vape is Hangsen RY6 (with a bit of homemade butterscotch), and I put it in a cartomizer tank. It lives at home on a ridiculously large e-cig (currently a smok SID, as my eVic broke)... so it lasts for 3-4- days.

Out and about, I use a battery not dissimilar to your's. On that, I have mango or citrus and recently Lime flavour.

(I'll check in tonight... :) )

Tobacco-type liquids are one of the worst to find one you like. I've bought 30 (?) at a guess and probably have a 40% hit rate.

ukdawn

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I've been having such a great day with the v3, my fiancé had me order another one as back up...and he's not even a smoker! lol I used to go outside to smoke. Now I can stay put and he's said there isn't any smell at all from it. No stink, no standing out in the cold and rain and no chance I'll ever go back to the old ways.

Chameleon version on the way as well as some peppermint juice. One very happy bunny here. :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I've been having such a great day with the v3, my fiancé had me order another one as back up...and he's not even a smoker! lol I used to go outside to smoke. Now I can stay put and he's said there isn't any smell at all from it. No stink, no standing out in the cold and rain and no chance I'll ever go back to the old ways.

Chameleon version on the way as well as some peppermint juice. One very happy bunny here. :)

Just a rough guess, but the free sample wasn't peppermint was it ?

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Hiya all. I've recently taken up running to try and lose weight, but was finding it difficult to breathe due to my smoking habits. Something had to give and as smoking clearly wasn't keeping me thin, they were given the road earlier this week. Happy to report, the running is going a bit better already, but finding myself a bit grumpy without the smokes.

I stumbled across this forum today whilst researching e-cigs. So far I've figured out I'd probably like an Innokin iTaste (unless you can suggest something even better?) and this forum is an excellent source of information, but I've no clue what site is best for buying a start up kit for people living in the UK. Any help in that regard would be much appreciated. :)

Hi dawn! Welcome! Did you buy a kit?

I usually use uk ecig store or totally wicked, used totally wicked for a good few years now and never had any issues with them!

good morning from newcastle! i use paradise vape as well, absolutely great service. there's some great kit om there, the clove, creme de menthe and cinnamon apple are pretty much my vapes of choice. im still using the ego batteries, with an iclear 30 and vivi nova on occasions, Glad you're enjoying your vaping experience.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread