Hi from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesElectric

Oct 31, 2014
Hi all,

Trying to get back on the ecigarettes.

Started a while ago on the GreenSmoke brand, before finding out they were generally viewed as a bit crappy, so after a while I unfortunately went back to analogs as I was unwilling to pay ridiculous amounts for the cartomizers!

So this time I intend to do it right, already had a good look around the site and a lot of fingers seem to be pointing towards to the innokin iTaste MVP? Which does seem good, but just not sure I could get on with it being a odd box shape!

Any other recommendations for somewhere good to start would be really appreciated, especially for purchasing in the UK (will be posting their when I've done my five posts!) as I'm hearing warnings of fakes and where to get ejuice. Or if it is generally case that I should get over my fear of the box and get an MVP!

It seems like there's a lot to take but can definitely see how this can become somewhat of a hobby! Just after being stung the first time with the GreenSmoke, I want to make sure I do it right!

Cheers!

James

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi James.

Welcome. If you find my post to Rachel, you can read what I suggested to her.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/619751-new-vaping-want-upgrade.html

The MVP is a terrific "mod" but has been knocked off the top by the eleaf iStick.

You don't need to get a box mod, there are plenty of nice batteries which are still cigar-sized and have variable power.

Vision Spinner 1300 MAH - Batteries & Chargers

or

Kanger IPOW 2 1600 Mah - Batteries & Chargers

- - -

I was sorry to hear about your story with Greensmoke. I started on E-Lites at £3.99 per cartomizer so know about how bad and expensive these systems are.

If you decide on the MVP, your target price should be about £37 or so. The "free" clearomiser that comes with it is an iClear30. It's old tech and not very good.
Order something else as well.. I would recommend an Aspire ET-S and a pack of 5 BVC clearomisers.

Good luck. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for the replies so far :)

Yeah I saw the vision spinner which looks good, but I will have to have a look at the eleaf, at the end of the day I don't want to be regretting my purchase a couple weeks down the line and it seems like everyone is a pretty good fountain of knowledge! So cheers all!

You're welcome. A Spinner is always worth owning, so don't worry about that side of things.

(I have 2 or 3 still and use them during the working day).

The eleaf iStick is a curious little thing. It's a powerhouse of a battery, I've got it turned down way lower than anything else. It's mad.
It's also tiny compared to MVP and easy to hold.. and light.. and stylish.

I have to say, it kills my EVIC in performance with all sorts of atomizers. Surely the device of 2014?

£30 too. Hard to argue. (Not a proven reliability like MVP as yet...)

JamesElectric

Oct 31, 2014
You're welcome. A Spinner is always worth owning, so don't worry about that side of things.

(I have 2 or 3 still and use them during the working day).

The eleaf iStick is a curious little thing. It's a powerhouse of a battery, I've got it turned down way lower than anything else. It's mad.
It's also tiny compared to MVP and easy to hold.. and light.. and stylish.

I have to say, it kills my EVIC in performance with all sorts of atomizers. Surely the device of 2014?

£30 too. Hard to argue. (Not a proven reliability like MVP as yet...)

I had a look on the three recommended websites you mentioned in Rachel's thread, and all of them are out of stock! (I'm not buying 'red'.. c'mon it's clearly pink!) are there any other sites you can recommend at all?

Epack have stock due in on 15th November, but was hoping to source something sooner than that!

I've now had a further look on different websites and seems to be a pretty consistent theme, so guess I will have to hold off a little longer. I really like the look of it, much smaller profile than the MVP.

Cowboy192

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Cardiff, uk
cargocollective.com
Hi James, I'm also James from the uk lol,
I' em done the same as you, started with ecigs, lost faith went back to the old lamberts then decided to try again, I did a hello post about it,
If you can I'd go with the spinner II 1650 mah battery (just got one today and it's amazing) plenty of life to last a day, the voltage selector is notched to stop you knocking the voltage by accident and they look damn good, you can pick them up for £17-25 depending where you look,
For the cartomiser I've tried a couple and after a few comments on here I went to a local shop (the shop keeper recommended the aspire too) and picked up an aspire et-s about £6 plus a pack of bvc atomisers to go with it, they are that good I picked up another one today!

JamesElectric

Oct 31, 2014
Hi James, I'm also James from the uk lol,
I' em done the same as you, started with ecigs, lost faith went back to the old lamberts then decided to try again, I did a hello post about it,
If you can I'd go with the spinner II 1650 mah battery (just got one today and it's amazing) plenty of life to last a day, the voltage selector is notched to stop you knocking the voltage by accident and they look damn good, you can pick them up for £17-25 depending where you look,
For the cartomiser I've tried a couple and after a few comments on here I went to a local shop (the shop keeper recommended the aspire too) and picked up an aspire et-s about £6 plus a pack of bvc atomisers to go with it, they are that good I picked up another one today!

Haha hey James, yeah what i'm now thinking about is getting a Spinner to tide me over, and then have a look at the eleaf when they're back in to stock (and people have had a bit more time with them). At the end of the day, I think a Spinner would be a well suitable back up if I did go down that route!

As for this 'BVC' atomiser, it's the second time i've seen this crop up, what does it actually mean?

That's where my next worry lies, maintaining the things properly!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Haha hey James, yeah what i'm now thinking about is getting a Spinner to tide me over, and then have a look at the eleaf when they're back in to stock (and people have had a bit more time with them). At the end of the day, I think a Spinner would be a well suitable back up if I did go down that route!

As for this 'BVC' atomiser, it's the second time i've seen this crop up, what does it actually mean?

BVC = Bottom (in the tank) Vertical Coil. It's a new design and works/lasts very well.
Stocks are low on the iStick, not a great surprise really.

You might consider an EVOD TWIST as well. The Spinner II is a bit weird with the charging.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome James, James and Rachael (as I wave from across the Pond)

I have the older Spinner 1300 as well as some MVPs. I like the micro USB charging for the MVPs (rather than the "unscrew the topper and put on the charger" for the Spinner.) I've not looked into the iStick, but I hear good things. However, as DJS comments, the one thing is that it runs "hotter" than what it's displaying.

I do have the full-sized and mini Nautiluses (Aspire) and run with the BVC coils in them. I've not tried the ET-S, but what I've read, folks are quite happy with that one (especially with the BVCs)

Let us know how you get on. Enjoy the vape! :vapor:

Cheers

JamesElectric

Oct 31, 2014
Once again, i'm somewhat taken aback by all the support, thanks all so much!

Now, I've been thinking and searching (and somewhat procrastinating ahead of my accountancy exam on Wednesday!!), and managed to find this starter kit on myepack, (especially given that it's £9 more than a singular spinner 2 battery)

(Tried to post link but wouldn't let me) but it's on the Evod starter kit 930 priced at £28.99

Now my initial thoughts, is this a Twist? The price seemed good for what's on offer, and I'm now thinking that whilst I patiently wait for a black eleaf (sorry Chrissie! I'm being fussy!!) this will tide me over and give me a suitable back up when I get an eleaf. Right now I just would rather be smoking one of these than rollies!!

Or if it's better to get the pieces seperately and get a better clearomiser? Once I got an eleaf then I can start looking at chopping and changing pieces and figuring out what works for me.

And lastly, I read on one of the 'read me' posts for beginners about the importance of picking the right eliquid for your set up. (something along the lines of the right eliquid in a not great setup will still beat the wrong eliquid in a great setup). Any tips/suggestions on selection?

I know i'm not going to get an identical tobacco flavouring, but just wanted to make sure i'm picking up ones that would suit the set ups i'm looking at making!

And one more time, ;) thanks for all your help!

James

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
James, if this was the link EVOD STARTER KIT - Starter Kits, I believe these to be fixed voltage. They are also moderately low-lived batteries (650 maH compared to the iStick's 2200 maH)

For a few Pounds more, you might consider this Kanger Emow Starter Kit - Starter Kits or even Kanger Emow Mega Kit - Starter Kits Although only one battery in the kit, each is at least twice the life of the EVOD. The tank is a little higher quality (although I have a number of EVOD tanks and I have gotten quite a bit of life from them!)

It's hard to say what the "right" eliquid is for *YOU*. I'd recommend small bottles (<10 mL) of various flavors (and possibly even nicotine strengths.) I personally am not fond of tobacco-flavored liquids, but there are others who only use those. I'm a fruits/desserts/vanillas kind of vaper. As you get into vaping, your tastebuds may change somewhat, and something you liked early on will be completely horrific down the road. I finally started making my own juice this summer (much less expensive, and I have a good handle on what I like, so I make to order :) )

Hope you find what you like :) Best wishes on your upcoming exam (been there, done that - and even PASSED!)

Cheers

Agent75

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi James. I'm from sunny Scotland, gave up stinkies and started vaping over 2 months ago. Started with ego-T batteries from a stall in a shopping centre, then did some research and settled for an mvp2. Got it delivered for £33 (incl p&p), such a huge diff. As it's regulated, the power will remain at the same level throughout the charge, the cheap egos I found were okay fully charged but quickly deteriorated in vape production. I can't speak for the istick but I would recommend going for these to experience a far superior vape. The mvp is a tad clunky but it's a fair trade off for excellent battery life, variable wattage and the ability to charge other USB devices. Mine came with an iclear30 clearo which was okay, but having decided to chase a satisfying vape I also forked out £20 for a nautilus. Now finally off tobacco flavours and enjoying some fruitiness!

Keep the faith, you'll find a great setup to keep you off fags before long. Just don't skimp on cost, think how much the fags were costing...

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread