How does my first order look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicewon

Nov 18, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Just found this site today. I must say, it sure is a wealth of information!

Cigs in Ireland now cost €8.05/$10.15/£6.79 for 20 Marlboro Lights!!!8-o

I never even heard of e-cigs before this, so was delighted to learn that there was a real alternative to smoking the auld "analogue" cigarette.

Anyway, after reading through the various threads (thanks to RatInDaHat for his excellent video reviews:thumb:), I have literally just placed my first order!

• Just wondering if there is anything else I need to order on top of this?

• How long should this package last me before I have to re-order (I smoke c.20 Marlboro Lights a day)?.

• Bar buying new cartridges and juice... do you have to replace the actual Mini eCigarette after a while (i.e. does it become less effective with on-going use)?
  • Finally!!! How often do you need to replace (buy) the Atomiser?

......... I just realised that I should have asked these questions before I placed the order!! haha...

Any feedback appreciated!:)

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x WHITE Mini eCigarette Starter Pack with BLUE LEDs DSE901 (DSE901) =
£30.00
Power Cord United Kingdom
1 x eCigs eJuice: "Tobacco" 11 MG - LOW - 15ml (ECIGS_TOBAC) = £9.49
eJuice Child Safe Cap Include (Free Item)
1 x 25 x Super Cartridges: 11 MG TOBACCO (25_SUPER_CART) = £15.00

OREGATO

Nov 18, 2008
Just found this site today. I must say, it sure is a wealth of information!

Cigs in Ireland now cost €8.05/$10.15/£6.79 for 20 Marlboro Lights!!!8-o

I never even heard of e-cigs before this, so was delighted to learn that there was a real alternative to smoking the auld "analogue" cigarette.

Anyway, after reading through the various threads (thanks to RatInDaHat for his excellent video reviews:thumb:), I have literally just placed my first order!

• Just wondering if there is anything else I need to order on top of this?

• How long should this package last me before I have to re-order (I smoke c.20 Marlboro Lights a day)?.

• Bar buying new cartridges and juice... do you have to replace the actual Mini eCigarette after a while (i.e. does it become less effective with on-going use)?
  • Finally!!! How often do you need to replace (buy) the Atomiser?

......... I just realised that I should have asked these questions before I placed the order!! haha...

Any feedback appreciated!:)

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x WHITE Mini eCigarette Starter Pack with BLUE LEDs DSE901 (DSE901) =
£30.00
Power Cord United Kingdom
1 x eCigs eJuice: "Tobacco" 11 MG - LOW - 15ml (ECIGS_TOBAC) = £9.49
eJuice Child Safe Cap Include (Free Item)

howdy man, hows it going, haha, the strange thing is i'm pretty much in the same shoes as you, literally placed an order tonight, first time ever and i'm also from dublin ireland! weird!

according to the research i've done, it seems that you've covered all your bases!

good luck with it!

btw as a matter of interest, what site did you use?

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
That'll do you fine for starters. You'll probably get through about 4 cartridges a day (most people e-smoke about 2ml of fluid a day and there's roughly 0.5 ml in a cartridge). So with the 15ml of liquid you've got that should last you about a couple of weeks if you top off your cartridges as Rat showed you in his tutorial video and you'll know then if it's for you.

If it is then it's worth buying another starter kit as that'll give you another atomiser and another two batteries so you'll have spares, as well as another charger so you can charge two batteries at once.

The mini cig consists of three parts, cartridge, atomiser and battery. If you've got one of each then you've got a e-cig.

I've had my black mini for just over a month and I've just had my first atomiser die on me. It does vary from atomiser to atomiser though, so always make sure you've got at least one spare.

Last edited:
The 901 was a great choice.
The atomizers do wear out, or burn out, how long that will take is hard to say. It depends on useage, how much, how long, how often, how lucky you are :)
2 weeks to a month sounds about average per.

The batteries will eventually wind down too, again depends. After rechargeing a bunch of times it wont charge as much, or hold the charge as long. That can be a month or more.
Once in a great while you get a dud that dies quickly, but you will know in a day or 2 if that happens.
Juice is a very good idea to refill/top off your carts with.

Good luck with it all. Give it a couple days, and you will want more :)
It becomes a hobby quick :)

nicewon

Nov 18, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
CaSHMeRe, Badseed and OREGATO - thanks a million for the (very) swift reply! The only thing I seem to have missed out on was the extra Atomiser... good suggestion from Badseed - think I'll take your advise and purchase an additional starter kit for back-up purposes.

OREGATO - with the price of smokes (and booze, petrol, etc etc) here, we'll probably see a load of new members from Ireland join over the coming weeks!

Cant post URL's to websites here (for some reason) but... the guy who runs it posts on here under the name (smokster) - pleasant guy to deal with and came recommended from RatInTheHat for e-smokers based in Europe via his video reviews

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Nice one Nicewon ;)

That's a very sensible order to start with. 901 is good and 11mg juice is handy, that should satisfy if you try to quit. As others have said, I'd suggest another atomiser. If you find you like esmoking always have at least one working spare of everything or you might be forced back on cigs when things break.

Just one thing I noticed. You have ordered super cartridges to go with a mini? Is that a mistake in your order or in your post, you might want to double check. Send the seller an email if you need to swap, they should help you with that.

Keep us informed with how you get on, it's great to hear from folk who are starting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread