how long does an ego battery charge last?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by timetoquit, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. timetoquit

timetoquit Full Member

I posted for the first time a couple of days ago and got some great quick advice on buying a started kit... THANKS!

A couple people recommended the ego over the 510 saying you have to charge 510 batteries frequently...

My question is, how much longer can you go between charges with the ego? If I smoke 10-20 regular cigs, could I go a whole day with the ego without recharging? I was thinking that would be nice, plus the option to take on a camping trip w/ no way to recharge...

I like the 510 price, but am leaning towards the ego...

Thanks again, all!

2. Hendry

Hendry Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I get 6 or 7 hours with an ego battery when I use it at home, and I tend to chain vape. It lasts all day when I bring it to work.

3. timetoquit

timetoquit Full Member

Thank you Henry. That sound good to me.

4. timetoquit

timetoquit Full Member

Meant Hendry not Henry... sorry:toast:

5. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The eGo lasts 8-9 hours for me but lasts 10-12 hours, or more, for my wife. I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day and she would smoke about 1 pack. A 510 XL battery would last me 2-3 hours and hers would last 6-8.

6. Kirssstens

Kirssstens Super Member ECF Veteran

I get 5-6 hours, I know I do it twice a day but with 510 charger.

Camping, look into a:

Car charger
    solar charger, that will accomodate the cellph and ipod too
    Kensington power pack

7. hecknaw

hecknaw Super Member ECF Veteran

Yep!! go'n camp'n fer a week! I'd take my SB and 3 maybe 4 fully charged 18650 3000mah batteries, 30ml E-Smok'n juice and 2 extra atoms. I sit down by da lake..................................OH DAMN Ima SOOOOO Out uf HERE!!!!!! LATER.......Hecknaw

8. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Now that's funny hecknaw.:)

9. $hua

$hua Super Member ECF Veteran

Using a LR atty on my eGo, I get 6-7hrs of sporadic chain vaping ( i dont vape nearly as much sitting in my office at work, but soon as i hit the doors its on)

Using a standard atty, i get 10-13hrs before i need to swap batts

My "To-Go" kit.. I use the face plate case to my cars head unit... it holds 3 10ml bottles, my spare eGo batt, a few Q-Tips, 1 spare Carto, 1 spare standard atty, 1 spare LR atty. 3 different suppliers business cards, a couple "individual sealed" alcohol swabs (for any friends i come across that want to try my eGo, im a germ freak....) and last but not least 1 paper clip.

All of this is held very neatly and snugly in the "protector case" for my Alpine Head Unit's removable face plate

All in All.. eGo is great, i prefer to use mine with an LR atty 95% of the time, the other 5% i use a gutted 510 carto see this link:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/89663-dogs-nf-carto-mod-kr8-atty-510-vertical-atty-5.html post #43 is of particular interest.

However,, IMHO,, the lifespan of the LR atty is frustrating.. and more so, the price of the LR atty in consideration of their short lifespans.. its worth it to me.. i will be ordering a 5v mod next Friday.. and hopefully this will end my Hardware search.

10. BelindaFL

BelindaFL Full Member

I love my E-Go because 0f the long battery life.... a good 7 hours of heavy vaping. I have two. I wish I'd gotten the E-Go's jn the beginning instead of the 510. I'[m going through attys fairly quickly though. That's the only problem that I'm having. Be sure to always have several extra atty's on hand. I got down to only one the other day and I was sweating it until my order of new ones arrived...thank goodness that Cignot has such quick delivery.

I've gone without cigs for 5 weeks now so I'm not worried about the cost of extra atty's...:)

11. gb_ibmguy

gb_ibmguy Super Member ECF Veteran

I too get 6 to 8 hours out of my eGo. And I vape a LOT! I get 24 hrs out of my SB 18650's.

So, if I was to go camping, I'd take 2 fully charged eGo battery's (for on the road) and 2 fully charged 18650's, my SB and 30ml of juice and some cart's. And then have a charging feast when I got home!

GB

12. CLHolder1226

CLHolder1226 Full Member

my hubby calls me a social vaper... one charge last me 3-4 days... lol...

: 510, ego
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.