How long to Kanger Pro coils last?

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by dherrington, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dherrington

dherrington Senior Member ECF Veteran

Good morning. I just got a Kanger Protank yesterday and really like it. I just wondered if anyone knew how long I could expect the coil to last. A day? A week? Something in between? I am a pretty heavy vaper. I will probably use about 5 mL per day.

Thanks.
    Doug

2. volume control

volume control Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Ive put about 10ml through mine at this point and no issue yet. Still working great. I would guess they last as long as any other Kanger clearo head ;)

3. Kablin

Kablin Senior Member ECF Veteran

2 weeks and steal going.... 6-10 ml per day.

*** Kablin *** Каблин ***

4. YKruss

YKruss Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My Evod is still on the first head after more than 7 weeks and they are interchangeable with Protank without any modifications, I am using one now on Protank for a week already.
    About 4-5 ml a day.

5. dherrington

dherrington Senior Member ECF Veteran

What is the best voltage to run them at? And does that make a difference?

6. madstabber

madstabber Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The best voltage to use is whatever makes your juice taste the best and I'm still on my first heads going through about 9 mls a day. It has been a few weeks and my coils are still going strong.

7. AngelsBreath

AngelsBreath Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Well crap, you guys got lucky, the two coils that came with my tank both burned up in 3 days flat. I had 6 days of vaping and used 2 coils. I bought more coils thankfully and put a new one in Wednesday, let's see shall we? I think that the coils that came with mine were defective, at least that's what I'm hoping for :D

8. Fred Garvin

Fred Garvin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm on my 2nd coil.....with my T3's I always removed one of the wicks, so when I assembled my PT I did that.....big mistake. That puppy leaked and gurgled....got juice down on the battery....this coil is right outta the bag and so far so good....no leaks and no gurgles through 1/2 a tank of Boba's.

9. Sikko

Sikko Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3 weeks for me so far on an EVOD head (I switched it out because of the draw). I don't solely use the protank however, I have 2 EVODS I rotate as well with different flavors in them.

10. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Mystagogue φ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've been chain-vaping it almost exclusively since 3/20: 2.6Ω head/ ≈ 4.0v (mine tastes burnt over about 6.5w); 70pg/30vg. I'm still using the same head. I haven't cleaned it, I've just kept refilling the tank.

11. Riversong

Riversong Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm at three weeks with two tanks using the original four heads and still going strong. I did replace one coil with an evod coil. The original is fine, I just wanted to try out the tighter draw that i'd been hearing about. (it worked)

12. Kablin

Kablin Senior Member ECF Veteran

It's really depending of the juice....
    I use Mocha from TFA(50/50 * 10%) in 6W I tasting more chocolate then coffee, in 8W more coffee.....

*** Kablin *** Каблин ***

13. El_tecolote

El_tecolote Account closed on request

Have been using the same coil for a week now, about 14 or 15 tanksful.

14. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow that is some great head life. I just got my evod and protank recently. What juices are you guys using? Must be light juice if the heads are lasting so long.

15. Riversong

Riversong Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Most of my juices are 70 or 80 VG and a few are 50/50 . I have no idea why the Evod and Pro Tank heads aren't displeased with me over this. I wash the heads every few days but never dry burn.

16. Sikko

Sikko Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So far (knock on wood). They have lasted longer than any other carto/clearo I've tried. I did rewick a vivi nova and that one is still going strong too. Maybe they just used better wire? Must have been a qc issue on their end they won't sell as many coils that way lol.

17. Butters78

I use 60/40. After messing with these kangers the two novas I have are going to the zombie box.

I got a bunch of like 1-1.5mm silica I bought just to rebuild novas. Can I double or triple them to rebuild kangers? I may have to sell them if not.

18. Ken_A

Ken_A Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I had problems with some of the wicks, but the current ones have lasted over a month. I use 50/50 juice

19. Butters78

Remember you can try and wash and dry burn the heads.

20. NatashaR

NatashaR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had one head that was just DOA. Finally just gave up on that one. Another I had trouble getting started up. It finally fired after I stuck the tank on the VAMO and just kept trying. Other than that, the rest seem OK. Purchased from DV. Like you I had ordered some extra coils, thank goodness.

How is everyone CLEANING the coil units when you change juices? I don't really understand the "take apart and dry burn"... is that neccesary?

: vamo, evod, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.