Kanger Protank Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
Good morning. I wondered if anyone out there knew how long I could expect a Kanger Protank coil to last? I am a heavy vaper. Does the voltage I run through it play a part?

Any help would be appreciated. I just got the tank yesterday. I probably should have asked this question in advance but c'est la vie.

Cheers,
Doug:2cool:

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are 2 issues you will find with these heads.

1: fluid seeps past the wick and floods the atty chamber causing gurgling and minor flooding.

2: the wicks run a little dry and burn up.

Now if you remove the top (flavor) wick to prevent the second issue, the first will likely pop up. What I did was relocate the top wick material to the sides. Tightens up the draw a little, exposes the top of the coil and prevents fluid from flooding past the wicks.

I have one coil that toasted the wick in less than a day. Very airy draw too then I switched out the coils and started tinkering and this is what I came up with. It seems to work well and much better than stock.

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
I have 8 Protanks, it varies depending on how much you vape it and what juices you are running in it. Dark fluids or syrupy clog the atty faster.

I rinse the atty under a stream of very hot water about every three fills and dab dry.

I rinse the atty, remove the flavor wicks and do a dry burn when they start to get soggy and lose flavor, replace the flavor wicks and dab dry and let sit overnight.

I am now rebuilding atty's, very easy to do and cheap so I may not even bother rinsing anymore....

On average they last two to four weeks.

onem0hit

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Shepherdstown, WV
I have been using the same head for about 2 weeks with a 50/50 solution and have not been able to burn out a coil. The wicks did become gunked up around the coils so I ended up rebuilding and using new wicks, mostly out of boredom. The performance is significantly better: no gurgling and closed up the draw significantly with a little extra silica on top. It takes a few minutes to pull them apart, rewind a new coil and reassemble, but it was worth it. I have 7 heads now and I am convinced that is 2 lifetime's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread