Status
Not open for further replies.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
@pwmeek<snip> I can go out and stay out without the vape for several hours and not really miss it that much.
This is one of the more remarkable differences between smoking and vaping as far as I'm concerned. With smoking (or snus, for that matter) I was never able to go for very long without a hit. Since I began vaping, especially with the stronger ejuice, I also have found that I can do without for a relatively long time if needed. I don't like it much, but there is not the urgency that I had when smoking, dipping, or even when vaping with the weaker ejuice. I've been known to leave the house and discover that I did not have my vaping gear along. If I knew that it would only be an hour or so, I might go on with my errands, rather than immediately return home. That never would have happened when I was smoking.

Last edited:

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
I've been known to leave the house and discover that I did not have my vaping gear along. If I knew that it would only be an hour or so, I might go on with my errands, rather than immediately return home. That never would have happened when I was smoking.

Yeah I can't-do that if I leave the house I need my vape never know when one could get stuck in traffic and since they will not let me drive a Sherman Tank it is better if I vape and drive then again it would be really really good if I did drive a tank that I vape and drive or the revenge of cutting me off would be intense for someone :)

Reactions: Rossum

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
With smoking (or snus, for that matter) I was never able to go for very long without a hit. Since I began vaping, especially with the stronger ejuice, I also have found that I can do without for a relatively long time if needed.
For me (the urge to vape), it is more of a difference between "idle" time and "active" time. If I am sitting in front of the tube, or engaged in something that does not hold my interest, the urge hits faster. If I am otherwise preoccupied (working, golfing, fishing, etc.), eight hours can pass by before I stop and think about it.

When I was smoking; I had about a 1½- 2 hour max, threshold... regardless of the situation.

I am a firm believer, that much of our cigarette dependency came from the OTHER chemicals ADDED to tobacco, and not nicotine.

:D

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
30ml a day 6mg I diy so it’s cheep

not only that but it is a ton of fun I have 60ml that I just made before I started DIY I would have maybe 60 ML around for the week and would have to reorder now I have a back stock :D

Eagle1

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Dallas, TX
I use, maximum, about 3 ML a week - at -0- nic. <yeah, I'm braggin'>

I often go days without - and don't even think about it. I currently vape because I really enjoy the "feeling" in my mouth - it's a pleasure thing. And since my liquid is DIY, I know it's not going to hurt me to indulge.

Fessing up, it's been more than 3 years that I vape only for pleasure. I can go days and/or weeks without and never miss it (or cigarettes).

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
I use 7 - 10 ml of home-made liquid per day.

I started out with a nicotine strength of 6 mg/ml, tried 3, then 2, went back to 3, but now find I am definitely happier between 4 and 6 mg/ml. (I only use DTL sub-ohm tanks and don't enjoy a throat hit.)

So nicotine usage is 28 - 40 mg per day with 4 mg/ml strength liquid.

Every time I used a nicotine strength of 2 or 3 mg/ml I ended up chain vaping.

Last edited:

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
bb6ece79f4fab7db294669a384be4a6b.jpg
450d67dda57550d2ec5d04f4e15d677c.jpg

Depends on how much I use this I guess
Not being used with them Mods just showing how big it’s for a mod using this
f8a0c6760ea2cbb057817101653fca16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richard-D

Necrospecter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
bb6ece79f4fab7db294669a384be4a6b.jpg
450d67dda57550d2ec5d04f4e15d677c.jpg

Depends on how much I use this I guess
Not being used with them Mods just showing how big it’s for a mod using this
f8a0c6760ea2cbb057817101653fca16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTF HTF it looks like you sir are one step away from having a vape set up that can double as a car...

• Agree
Reactions: Rossum

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
About 20 ml per day, subohm, 3mg nic, 30pg/70vg, diy. I figure this is better than the 2 pads a day of the camels I used to smoke. Also cheaper by quite a bit. I also noticed that I vape more in the morning and early afternoon than I do in the late afternoon and evening.

Last edited:

Lydia

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
The Netherlands
I'm using 2-3 ml of 14mg nic per day and my total nic is on avarage 35 mg/day. Do this already for 6-7 years, no real change, only MTL vaping.

If I use newer types of atomizers/tanks I have to go lower in my nic% to 8 mg/ml, the 14 mg nic is just not tolerable in them, and go higher in the amount of ml/day. But taste is not better in the newer stuff. So I stay happy vaping with my "older" stuff.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
20-25ml/day at 6mg/ml.

Doing the math, that's an average of 13.51.35 mg/day of nicotine.

I can't put my mouse on the link to the chart right now, but there was one showing the average rate a person metabolizes nicotine. IIRC, It showed that between 30-60 minutes after it's taken in, it's nearly fully metabolized.

I think that explains why chain vapers always have a setup within arm's reach. It would also explain why some folks (like me) rarely leave the house without one, and why there's a rig in nearly every location a vaper might be found in the house.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
20-25ml/day at 6mg/ml.

Doing the math, that's an average of 13.5 mg/day of nicotine.
I think you slipped a decimal point somewhere.

I can't put my mouse on the link to the chart right now, but there was one showing the average rate a person metabolizes nicotine. IIRC, It showed that between 30-60 minutes after it's taken in, it's nearly fully metabolized.
My recollection is that the half-life of nic in the bloodstream is around two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread