The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How much ejuice do you use?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Beamslider, Sep 30, 2017.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My son sub ohms, he goes through about 50ml a day of 3mg ...

So your levels are good.

Edit:
    I actually couldn't remember how much my son ran through, so I just shot him a text to find out... he just texted me back and said he runs through about 50 ml a day of 3mg juice. I just told him to up his nicotine.... but he can run an entire tank in just a few minutes...

However, he smoked 3 packs of Marlboro reds a day before he started vaping. ...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Deer Camp
    50? That might just be the high score.

I hope this is DIY. :laugh:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    No and that's what's crazy... he and several guys are in on this big house together (not a homosexual thing, just saving costs and keeping nice amenities) and one of the guys is divorced and has little kids who are often there (shared custody) and my son was worried about having nicotine there so he is actually buying store-bought. ...

I've been thinking of mixing for him and just mailing it to him but decided I prefer not to worry about that... he's a grown man he can either buy his juice or figure out how to store DIY supplies. ..

So nope... no DIY... and yeah.. that's got to be EXPENSIVE! Lol...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Vaperer

Vaperer Super Member

Supporting member
    I use a 30ml bottle at 12mg per 7 days.
    Guess I'm a light weight.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    Deer Camp
    In terms of the amount of nicotine you're using, that's fairly close to average.

I've never understood how anyone could possibly think it's better to vape 20 ml of 3mg rather than 5ml of 12...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  6. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 3, 2014
    Rupert, West Virginia
    I go through 0 - 2 mls of 24 a day.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    ditto, I recently increased all my juice from 3 to 4.5 to try and cut down some on how often/much I vape. It seems to be helping but it is pretty tough to really track how much I use with 9 or 10 setups on the desk and 3 to 4 of those in rotation on any given day.

• Like Like x 4
  8. pwmeek

pwmeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Right. It's not a contest. Most of us (I hope) are vaping just enough to satisfy. Personally, I raised my nicotine levels deliberately in order to reduce the amount I vape (both in terms of time spent vaping and the amount of e-juice). The bonus was that by increasing my nicotine strength, I have even reduced my daily nicotine consumption from nearly 200 mg/day to under 100 mg/day.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I'm going to give this a try next time I mix juice to see it makes any difference on the amount vaped. Will up it from 3 to 4 mg.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    FYI it also increased my throat hit. I sub ohm rta/rda in the 60 - 80 watt range.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I'm using Nic Salts so probably not an issue with the throat hit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I still don't know how many mls I go thru a day, but do know I'm going thru less since I starting vaping diy juices. Not sure but I think it might be due to salts. Just dropped from 9 to 8mg this last round due to morning mini head rushes. I haven't stepped down my nic levels in close to a year and diy is the only difference in my vape routine.

• Like Like x 4
  13. go_player

go_player Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA
    I suspect it will, at least to some degree. I don't really know exactly how much I vape 'cause I have a pretty big stockpile of juice and switch flavors pretty constantly, but it seems like when left to my own devices I go through (very roughly) about the same amount of _nicotine_ regardless of the strength of the juice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Tried 60 ml of 4mg nic and it didn't really make any difference in the amount I vaped. Maybe it just wasn't enough of increase to make a difference. Still went thru 60 ml of it in 4 days.

Guess I'll just stick with 3 mg as I don't really want to bump up to 5 or 6 mg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I simply don't worry about how much I vape. When I need to do something I get it done and pick up my vape after. A year ago would have bothered me not being able to vape for any length of time. Now it's just a minor annoyance.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. cdmcfud

cdmcfud Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    Keithville.La.
    I started out using 24mg. That just didn't satisfy me, it would always be in my hand. Then I ordered some atomizers from China that were 36mg. I've been using 36mg every sence, I vape less ml. a day and I can sat it down for awhile.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    Ordering online having to rely on making sure there was delivery before running out I had to keep track of juices for both my wife and I. That was a endless circle of grief. Now having liters of nic and glycubes I have no real idea cause there is no need to keep track anymore so one doesn't run out. DIY juices cuts out the biggest hassle of enjoying your vape and thats relying on someone else for your supply.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. pwmeek

pwmeek Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 8, 2011
    SE Michigan
    I just mix smallish batches (400-500 ml) and measure out 60 ml at a time (because I happen to keep two 30 ml dispensing bottles handy); this makes it easy to record how much I use in roughly a month and a half. As long as the 60 ml and the strength remains constant, the only variable is the date I measure out another 60 ml (I have a nice 60 ml syringe which makes it easy). It makes filling in the spreadsheet really easy - just the date. Everything else is auto-calculated.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Alter

Alter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    I make 100ml standalone mixes in wire top jars of my tobaccos then blend after they steep a month, with backstock I always have ready to go tobacs. I blend 50 mls then vape it and blend 50 more of different tobacs and ratios so its always a bit different, they sit a week after blending. I really never dwelled into other flavors, just tobaccos. I've gotten so use to some of this and that there is no way I could maintain a spreadsheet. Just my HS Desert ship and RTS TA that I been regularly vaping for 2 years now is in the calculator but I've made it so many times I just remember the weights for the batch. All the tobacs I have complement each other so I have never had a YUK tobac blend. My magnetic mixer also helps completely mix the juice far more than any shaking could do that helps accelerate the blending process a bit quicker.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I guess I do a max of 5ml per day...12mg tobacco exclusively.

• Like Like x 4