How often do I have to replace the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm kinda new here and When my payday comes on Friday I'm thinking of buying the Apollo Elips tank e-cig. Now I was wondering how often one has to replace the tank the nicotine juice is stored in. Again, I'm almost completely new to the world of 'vaping', so if someone could help me out with this I would be extremely grateful.

VapoVamp

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2011
N.C.
Congrats! & Welcome to ECF, 3508. I bought my 1st pv a Joyetech, December 4th,2011(yes I'm a newbie too)but, i've logged 100's of hours educating myself and thru trial and error. Thanx to all the info at ECF and u-tube. Which is my 1st suggestion: educate yourself, always! We'll never be an old pro in the vapeworld it's always changing. Anyway, my JT Ego-t IS GOING STRONG,both attys SR&LR,which, I use MOSTLY only low-resistance(better th and flavour). All my original LR boge cartimizers are going strong, all my original tank carts. Me, I would recommend the joyetech e-go w/a 900mah batt(I get about 7 hours of X-TREME vaping) I was a 3 packer a day for 40 years and yes, I'm a hard core VAPEFREAK. My simple maintenance: blow your attys out everynite into a papertowel till clean(only blow from the tank end)and water wash your carts once every 7+/- days. Kudos again! for saving your life with vaping. See you in the VAPEHAZE:vapor:
Hi. I'm kinda new here and When my payday comes on Friday I'm thinking of buying the Apollo Elips tank e-cig. Now I was wondering how often one has to replace the tank the nicotine juice is stored in. Again, I'm almost completely new to the world of 'vaping', so if someone could help me out with this I would be extremely grateful.
GRIMMARMY.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There are also tank systems that use a cartomizer. That would be a good change if you have 650mah batteries or higher. The eGo-T system comes with such batteries.

In the vaping world, mah capacity is everything. Not only do you get long charge life, you also get the ability to utilize most of the options available for 3.7v vaping. A large format battery will usually last you a year or more if you take care of it. $20 for a battery is roughly $1.66 a month in vaping costs over its life.

apuck

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Washington State
I agree with the others suggestions of a battery with larger mah (650 or greater). The common mah calculation is 1 hour of use time per 100 mah, so a 650=6.5hrs of use before charge. Now this is not written in stone, as folks use differently and therefore experience different rates.

I realize your original question was about how long a tank lasts before needing changing, on that topic unfortunately I can't answer intelligently. I have been using the same tank for several months, but I clean it, and I also use cartos without a tank a lot of the time. Good luck with whatever PV you choose to go with, and take a sec to share a review of it with all of us.

micksf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Fran
The ego-T is a tank system, hence the "T", but different than what most users here would call a Tank (ie. j-tank or DCTank). The ego tank is a 2ml plastic container that sits on top of a propriety atomizer from joyetech (the makers of the ego systems). There is a newer version called the "C" which is easier to maintain but is still rolling out production and doesn't have all the options available yet. You can find "t" kits at a lot of vendor sites such as
Cignot ®

I have used the ego-t & c in my second stage of vaping gear (started on the slim-style batteries). I can say that in terms of vaping convenience it's very easy to use. There are some maintenance issues that you would need to learn about. The down-side in my experience, other than the maintenance issues, is that it is a little light on the flavor and you occasionally can get a plastic-taste. Whether or not you decide to get the complete ego-t tank system, i can highly recommend the ego batteries on their own (again, sold separately or with the t & c kits). They do work very well with many of the other options available such as regular cartos, mega dual-coil cartos, DCtanks and such.

i have since moved on to another system but still use the ego batteries from my original kit when i am vaping out of the house.

sorry rambling, to answer your question - you can reuse ego tanks. in the kit you get 5 tanks. only reason to buy more would be if you wanted to keep more flavors in them simultaneously.

Last edited:

bigtiime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Virginia
So with the Ego-T you can use a tank or a cartomizer system?

And again for seeming like a hapless newbie, I don't have to break open a new tank every time I refill, right? Like the tanks on an Ego-T can be reused, right?

You are correct. The tank systems allow you to have several tanks filled with different flavored juice making it easy to change juices on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread