Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
You know I think that the weather people started doing this right after Hugo. I remember seeing them hold up in a hotel during Katrina that had the first few stories washed away. It was some powerful video but still I was thinking what idiots! And in a way they are encouraging people not to evacuate.
Seems like if it is illegal to stay where evacuation is mandatory that they would be breaking the law.

Padre

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
Maryland
this was a pretty weak hurricane by some standards, but we are still having problems. Ther are still some school districts closed because of power outages. My mom just got her power back this morning and my mother in law is still out and it looks like next week before it comes back on.

My boss doesn't have power at his Md. home so he went to his vacation home in the Outer Banks NC where he does have power and everything is back to normal!

I still have to take a detour to work because of trees in the road! It is a very small side street and the detour is no big deal, but c'mon. It's been 4 days now!

And all the flooding in Vermont. The only state effected without an ocean coastline and it looks like it may be the worst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread