I Cannot Taste the Flavor (not vapers tongue)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macula_Cotabato

Feb 17, 2017
  • Hello 2 all, Pls. need help. I am having problem with my OBS Engine mounted in Laisimo Snowwolf 200 plus. when I puff it, I cannot taste the flavor of my juice (w/c is Strawberry Yogurt), it just a plastic-tasted smoke, all i can taste is the plastic of the driptip. but when I puff it in my Limitless XL mounted in IPV8 (same juice, strawberry yogurt), it taste fine and perfect. both new re-wick (4 hours). so i am sure that I am not having vapers tongue or a stroke (and I drink lot of water and my daily dose of amlodipine), cause I taste the flavor in my IPV8+Limitless XL. but I cannot taste any flavor to my OBS Engine+Laisimo Snowwolf 200plus. when i check, the wick is not burn (cut). Thanks for those who can suggest me a solution. thank you.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I dont have any experience with the OBS Engine but some of the common problems regarding flavor are

Wattage too high or too low. Too high and the liquid cant wick fast enough to keep up with the vape, it can also "burn" the liquid altering the taste(I put burn in quotes because this is different than burnt wicks, it relates more to the flavor molecules being vaped at too high of a temp leaving the flavor flat, non existant or unpleasant). Too low and the coils dont heat up enough to vaporize your juice sufficiently rendering your experience flavorless.

Too much VG. VG is thicker and takes longer to wick in prefab coils. As I understand it, some sub ohm coils are better at handling high VG liquids than others.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Sorry, I just realized that the OBS Engine is an RTA. This could simply be a wicking issue. Some RTAs are a total PITA to wick properly and the best advice I can offer in that department is to make sure that the wick isnt too tight inside the coils, that it isnt blocking any airflow, and that it is resting properly over the channel through which it draws up the liquid.

I use drippers and often times if Ive got a flavorless vape its a wicking issue. I would try tinkering with that first.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
After you check out and eliminate all that Darth has suggested as a possible cause it could just come back to the juice vs the atty. While I can't say I've ever quite faced the same thing as you are describing about getting no taste at all I can say that some juices and attys seem to work much better together than others, and those that don't work together can end up with a much diminished taste as a result.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Oh no. I was thinking of ditching the Merlin for the Engine after I heard about the limited life-span of the Merlin. Re-think in progress.
Actually,, dry as a bone, does not leak.
Very cool top juice fill.
Top A/F is way too airy, cannot be disassembled.
After hearing good things about it on ECF, surprised that it is so mediocre.
6 builds,, Kanthal, SS316 from .5 to 1.0.
You do get Taste, but my kfun v3mini clone runs circles around it.
At 15usd, you may want to fool with it as a backup.
Not a prime time atomizer..

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello 2 all, Pls. need help. I am having problem with my OBS Engine mounted in Laisimo Snowwolf 200 plus. when I puff it, I cannot taste the flavor of my juice (w/c is Strawberry Yogurt), it just a plastic-tasted smoke, all i can taste is the plastic of the driptip. but when I puff it in my Limitless XL mounted in IPV8 (same juice, strawberry yogurt), it taste fine and perfect. both new re-wick (4 hours). so i am sure that I am not having vapers tongue or a stroke (and I drink lot of water and my daily dose of amlodipine), cause I taste the flavor in my IPV8+Limitless XL. but I cannot taste any flavor to my OBS Engine+Laisimo Snowwolf 200plus. when i check, the wick is not burn (cut). Thanks for those who can suggest me a solution. thank you.
Welcome and glad you joined. Might need to change flavors more often and/or give vaping a longer break between vaping sessions.
Bits of croissant followed by a mouthful of distilled water, then spit out after swishing is said to refresh the pallet. Bread absorbs flavors, saltines can be used salt to stimulate taste buds back to normal. Malt vinegar mouthwash will clean the palate, then vape right away.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread