I have turned into that which I used to mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    It all goes back to the early days when vapers began to drill holes, try new battery combinations, and play with coil resistance and air flow to get a better vape. Aquarium foam (fluval) on the end of a cocktail stirrer was once used in eGo atomizers to get more juice to the coil. Tea bag material was an experiment rolled up and substituted for cotton in eGO carts. Eventually, someone put two 18650's in a tube and screwed an atomizer on the end and the mech mod exploded from that point. The Provari grew from early ideas and experiments and the market took off with variable voltage.

It's been fun watching vaping evolv, (pun intended) and I've noticed that the elevator still stops at every floor. (as I put a fresh cartomizer in a J-tank)

(and if you didn't want a cloud)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's been fun watching vaping evolv, (pun intended) and I've noticed that the elevator still stops at every floor. (as I put a fresh cartomizer in a J-tank)

(and if you didn't want a cloud)

Pretty scary ride behind the windshield! I kept expecting him to drag a tire through the grass in the infield, but he kept it on the track.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    We went to a vape convention for laughs—and became converts instead

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl vhap'ng!

17636889_1935549290009225_9049756038894554660_o.jpg

Tonee N

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    I never really gave this much thought before, but I was recently thinking about how I currently vape, compared to how I used to vape when I first started out vaping, which is a little over 2 years ago now.

I guess you could say that I was a tootle puffer 2 years ago. I was vaping on a cig-a-like pen, and maybe using 2 ml of ejuice per day. Most of my ejuice purchases at the time were 50 PG/50 VG. There was even one time when I ordered some juice that was 70 PG, 30 VG, because I was lead to believe that more PG = more taste. That was a big mistake by the way, it was crazy harsh, and I hated it.

I also used to poke fun at cloud chasers back then.

I've pretty much done a complete 180 since then, and even though it has never been my goal to become a cloud chaser, I do blow some decent clouds now, compared to what I did before.

My juice choices have also radically changed. Before I had 24 mg, then 18 mg, then 12 mg.

I currently use 6 mg, and my most recent juice orders were for 3 mg. I'm taking it real slow, but I figure in 6 months-12 months time, I will be at zero.

And now my juice is very VG heavy, usually around 70-80% VG, depending on the juice line that I am buying.

So basically, even though it was never my intention, I am now what some people might call a cloud chaser, even though I am not specifically trying to chase any clouds. I am just trying to have an enjoyable vape experience, and when you combine the current hardware that I am using along with the high VG juice that I am using, big clouds just come with the territory.

As a matter of fact, I will be taking a walk outside soon on the city streets where I live, and I will no doubt be leaving a trail of clouds in my path, which is quite the opposite from my tootle puffing roots.
    At my vape store, the usuals there are really into making tornados out of their clouds. But then I walk in with my "Liquid Nitrogen " juice and tell them to try it. I do like a bit o clouds but I'm a flavor chaser.[emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    At my vape store, the usuals there are really into making tornados out of their clouds. But then I walk in with my "Liquid Nitrogen " juice and tell them to try it. I do like a bit o clouds but I'm a flavor chaser.[emoji1]

I haven't been in the local vape shop in about a year. I just shop the lowest price at my favorite online vendors and wait for the mailman.

The last time I stopped in the local shop I opened the door just as a huge plume of VG vapor crossed my path. The entire shop was in a grey haze from a couple of guys drinking the free coffee at a table in the corner. They were exhaling plumes 12 or 15 feet long and a foot thick across the room toward the sales counter.

I get that it's a vapor store and they sell what people want to buy. They had to install exhaust fans through the roof because someone complained to city hall, but those don't clear the air nearly enough to keep up.

I used to buy an occasional mod or RTA there to support the store even though the prices were 30% higher than online deals. It's pretty much turned into a new vaper eGo store or high watt cloud maker outlet. I guess the market has really changed all over in the last few years.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Eskie

Tonee N

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    I haven't been in the local vape shop in about a year. I just shop the lowest price at my favorite online vendors and wait for the mailman.

The last time I stopped in the local shop I opened the door just as a huge plume of VG vapor crossed my path. The entire shop was in a grey haze from a couple of guys drinking the free coffee at a table in the corner. They were exhaling plumes 12 or 15 feet long and a foot thick across the room toward the sales counter.

I get that it's a vapor store and they sell what people want to buy. They had to install exhaust fans through the roof because someone complained to city hall, but those don't clear the air nearly enough to keep up.

I used to buy an occasional mod or RTA there to support the store even though the prices were 30% higher than online deals. It's pretty much turned into a new vaper eGo store or high watt cloud maker outlet. I guess the market has really changed all over in the last few years.
    The owners sold me my first setup and since then I drop buy to show them the newest or latest liquid, tanks, drippers, boxes, etc. Plus I get a dicount, usually just buy cotton. They own 2 B&M store now and then newest is BIG. It would take ALOT to cloud that place up.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I feel one abbreviation that I've mentioned before annoys me.
    RDA means rebuildable dripping atomiser
    RTA means rebuildable tank atomiser
    RDTA means rebuildable dripping tank atomiser

RBA means rebuildable atomiser.
    It should absolutely be called ra

Otherwise we'll have to stick that good for nothing "b" everywhere. RBDTA

I know, I need to find a life :(

This one's going to fix itself. I don't use or hear/read RBA much anymore ... should be pretty much obsolete any time now :)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    And I think it's more complicated because what is really meant, generally, by sub-ohm vaping, at least in this context, isn't quite what you'd think it would mean. I mean, if I put a 0.7 ohm coil in a Nautilus 2 (and that's generally what comes installed in them,) especially if I don't open up the airflow a lot, technically I'm sub-ohm vaping, but in reality I'm going to use pretty low wattage, and what I'll be doing is a lot more like what we tend to think of as super-ohm vaping than it is like more extreme "sub-ohm" vaping.

But there are a lot of variables involved, and I suppose 'sub-ohm' is useful short-hand, as long as you recognize that it is just short-hand. I think that the terminology really came about because of the way mech mods work, but in a world of largely regulated VW mods it could be a bit misleading.

So true @go_player. And the term 'cloud chaser' is mostly not used correctly either IMO. I consider someone a cloud chaser if vapor production is the most important part of the vape experience for them. From what I've seen most people who are into higher power setups just like the higher power vape experience which includes flavor, TH, vapor and shorter drags.

Come to think of it, that can happen anywhere between 5-x00 watts, depending on personal preference.

Plus, the concepts of cloud chasing and 'extreme' vaping have certainly changed a lot over the years. I remember when anything over about 15 watts was considered extreme and/or cloud chasing by a bunch of folks. Now I consider myself tootle puffing at 15-20 watts
    yes3.gif

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    This one's going to fix itself. I don't use or hear/read RBA much anymore ... should be pretty much obsolete any time now :)

I use RBA as in, an RBA of some sort.
    Meaning to include any delivery device that is rebuildable, has a rebuildable deck, head or atty.
    RDA, RTA, RDTA, BFRSA are all a type of RBA.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I use RBA as in, an RBA of some sort. Mmeaning to include any delivery device that is rebuildable, has a rebuildable

I hear ya and as I said I still hear it, just not nearly as often anymore. If I remember correctly in 2013 most talk was about RBAs and RDAs with RBA mostly referring to what I now think of as a RTA or RGA. Technology progresses, terms change, it's all good.

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)
    It all goes back to the early days when vapers began to drill holes, try new battery combinations, and play with coil resistance and air flow to get a better vape. Aquarium foam (fluval) on the end of a cocktail stirrer was once used in eGo atomizers to get more juice to the coil. Tea bag material was an experiment rolled up and substituted for cotton in eGO carts. Eventually, someone put two 18650's in a tube and screwed an atomizer on the end and the mech mod exploded from that point. The Provari grew from early ideas and experiments and the market took off with variable voltage.

Quite a few times, I'd imagine, back then. :laugh:

And I was a Fluval disciple way back when. I still have a few unopened packs of 510 carts and probably some blue stuff stashed away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread