I love my SB, however, still trying to find the perfect mod / setup (for me) Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm fairly new to vaping (just started early this year). I've relapsed to analogs numerous times and, until recently, haven't had a satisfying enough experience with vaping to completely kick the habit.

My 1st e-cig was a Joye 510. I lasted about a week until I got tired of changing batteries every few hours, and praying that my PCC (personal charger) would't die on me.

My 2nd and current e-cig is a Silver Bullet mod. I absolutely love the way this thing performs! I work out of town regularly, and a single battery charge (2400mah) will last me my trip out of town, my stay in a hotel, and my trip back home. I use 2 batteries and rotate them when I get home. This is convenient as I don't have to carry a charger with me (I lug enough stuff to work as it is).

Even this didn't prevent me from relaps. I tried some LR atomizers when they first started hitting the street, and they were far from reliable. Refilling the atomizer cap with fluid or dripping was annoying. I recently discovered fluxomizers absolutely love them! No more dripping and constant refilling!

Now, with that all being said, I'm really out of the loop regarding developments in the e-cig world. I understand that variable voltage mods are all the rage now. Even at 3.7V, my SB performs wonderfully. MY MAIN COMPLAINT IS ITS SIZE AND, TO A LESSER EXTENT, ITS WEIGHT. Are there any other mods out there that aren't so bulky and heavy, but could still give me the battery life I've come to enjoy?

I think I'll be able to stay away from analogs now in light of recent medical issues. I've been analog free for over 2 weeks and feel great! I'm just thinking maybe there's a mod out there that could suit me better? Maybe something more user friendly (compact) since I'm always on the go, but still offering great battery life? Added features such as variable voltage would be a great option as well, but not a necessity.

I've been digging around and doing a lot of research, but honestly, I'm overwhelmed. I did run across the Provari. I'm not sure how much smaller, if any, it is vs my Silver Bullet. Variable voltage would be a neat feature to experiment with. Also looked up the Reo Grand. Looks like an awesome setup, but again, looks bulky. The Prodigy also seems nice, but I don't think it'd be all that much different from my SB. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There are a lot of great mods on the market, but any of them being better than a SB would be debatable and only personal opinion. The Reo is also a great mod, and you can make the same argument for it.
    One thing to point out is that the SB and Reo are different styles of vaping, and you may well find one better suited for you than the other.

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 9, 2010
    Strong Beach, CALI
    www.youtube.com
    Provari isn't much smaller or lighter than an SB it's nearly 5in tall and .9in round. With the extension sleeve to accommodate an 18650 is almost 6'in tall. Their really aren't too many tube mods that would be much lighter accommodating an 18650 battery. The smallest & lightest one I've used is probably the Megalodon. Of course it's not going to be extremely smaller but definitely lighter. The prodigy uses a 17670 battery and while a bit smaller in diameter sacrifices mAh ratings on the batteries (1600mAh) leading to more batteries to carry.
    Roe grand is a great device. But it's an aluminum box mod so it's just as heavy and bulky. A pro for it's case would be the 6ml bottom feeding option. As opposed to tube mods which you could put a tank on either 3,5,5.5,8.5ml (liquinator, MAP, torpedo,
    etc)
    Maybe a plastic battery box mod would fulfil your requirements? They're light and small but you sacrifice durability. You can get one with a VV option for cheap too. (search: Krimson Kustoms on ECF) he has the best battery box mods i have ever tried and will custom build any request.
    You'd have to weigh your options and see what's important to you....size,tube/box mod,weight,durability?

Thanks for the responses! Again, I'm completely satisfied with the performance of my Silver Bullet. With a loaded fluxomizer, I can just pick it up and go. No worries of dead batteries, limited re-filling and no dripping.

I have looked up the Reo and aside from the fact that it's a fixed voltage mod (like my Silver Bullet), it looks very appealing! I wouldn't have any battery issues with one as it uses the same that my SB uses. An internally contained tank setup also sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for the info regarding the Provari. I figured that since it uses the same battery, it probably couldn't be TOO much smaller. The fact that it's variable voltage would be nice to play with when switching fluids and atomizers.

I did perform a quick search on the Krimson Kustoms mod. It would appear to use AA batteries? I think that until there's a quantum leap in battery technology, I'll probably either stick with 18650 powered mods, or grow accustomed to carrying spares.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2010
    Vaping Heaven
    The Galileo holds various battery configurations: 18650, 18500, 18350, etc...

It's aluminum & rather sexy.

Here it is with an 18650 inside.
    a6898ca0-0bc6-898b.jpg

a6898ca0-0bea-d5a5.jpg

a6898ca0-0bf9-0607.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread