I may vape for the rest of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
West Bend, WI
Hey, everybody. This is my first post and first thread in these forums. I got directed here by a video by someone named Abbey Vapes on youtube. She seems cool. Probably watch some more of her stuff later.

I started vaping in earnest about a month ago. I'd quit smoking the week before, using nicotine patches. I went from a 1+ pack a day Marlboro habit to 14 mg patches. After a week I wanted to ditch the patches as I'm allergic to the glue and I was breaking out in hives. So I dug up the vape pen I'd bought last December but hadn't used.

Back then I'd bought high nicotine, tobacco-flavored juice for it. Twenty minutes with that stuff and I was ready to faint. Way too high nic content. So I went back to the vape shop (I'm lucky enough to have one within walking distance of my house) and got some 6 strength juice in a fruit flavor. Perfect.

The hardware I had was pretty good: An iTazte VV pen-style unit. On a whim I also bought a Kamry K1000 epipe last week and I've been enjoying that as well.

vaping has been an integral part of my smoking cessation. I enjoy it. After 30 years of the physical act of smoking, it's really comfortable to be able to vape. Plus I can do it indoors now! Blowing out clouds of white stuff is very psychologically comforting somehow. And my lungs feel great. My cough has disappeared. I may vape for the rest of my life.

scottfeldstein

Aug 29, 2015
West Bend, WI
I'll be vapin next door to you.

Love Minnesota. I have some musical ties to the Twin Cities. Also love your governor and senator Franken. Not so much with the football team, though. :) I've done a lot of business in MN, too, in the senior care space. From Minneapolis to Alexandria. And I have some really great friends in Trimont.

theddead

running with scissors since 1970
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Love Minnesota. I have some musical ties to the Twin Cities. Also love your governor and senator Franken. Not so much with the football team, though. :) I've done a lot of business in MN, too, in the senior care space. From Minneapolis to Alexandria. And I have some really great friends in Trimont.

I grew up in Alexandria ('70s were. ..... colorful? ) now in mpls.
I am not a football fan. Hockey? Sure.
Yeah, been all over Wisconsin. Green bay to points west.
Hunted namadje state forest...
Beautiful state.
I don't get get into that rivalry thing.
Too many friends over the St. Croix.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome.. I enjoyed your post very much. Good luck to you! :)

I looked up Abby and she seems cool.

As I spend some of my free time actively engaging with some reviewers who use video sites to sell over-priced products through the same old (yawn, yawn) rip-off companies, it's nice to see a straightforward channel. I might watch some more of her stuff.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@scottfeldstein Welcome! I enjoyed your post. I've stumbled upon a few YouTube videos by Abbey Vapes and will be watching more.

I'm sure you'll find the folks here very helpful and welcoming. I know I have.

Congrats on giving up the smokes!!! - huge accomplishment and not an easy challenge to meet.

I too was a smoker until about 4 weeks ago when I purchased my first e-cig. I had no real intention of quitting. When I bought my ego one I was still smoking cigs and alternated between both. It was only when I ran out of butts that I decided to see if I could avoid buying another pack. 4 weeks later and... :)

Again, congrats and welcome.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread