Vaping cause acne. Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
i started breaking out also,i looked it up on google and it said it was a allergic reaction to the pg.i had the same problem and switched to 100%vg nic base10% but my final product is 50/50 my zits didnt go away. but it slowed down

Hi. Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by your final product is 50/50?

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
I've seen a doctor regarding my breakout and he said my breakouts are mostly around my mouth area. And those are not ordinary acnes, it more of a infection type of acnes (much more serious). He concluded that I must be allergic to vaping. (Though he never say whether it's the PG or VG or even the other ingredients in the juice that I'm allergic to.)

Currently it's my 6th day on 100% VG and there are still fresh acnes popping out.... sigh...

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
When I very first quit my first week I broke out in a odd "rash" zit things. I even had them on my scalp! I continued to vape and they disappeared as mysterious as they came. I'm on 21 days now and no more bumps! Not sure if it was from quitting smoking or a slight reaction to the PG? I don't think it could have been a PG reaction though because I still vape 50/50 and they are gone now. Maybe your body is going through something similar to what mine did? I'd definitely give it some time and see if it passes. Mine passed within about a week and a half. Eventually everything cleared up. If in time it doesn't pass then I might worry about a reaction. At that point you can try all VG and see if that helps. I'm glad mine eventually passed. Yours might pass to with time. In the meantime try not to touch the areas it could make it worsen. Hope this helps and hope yours passes like mine did.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
When I very first quit my first week I broke out in a odd "rash" zit things. I even had them on my scalp! I continued to vape and they disappeared as mysterious as they came. I'm on 21 days now and no more bumps! Not sure if it was from quitting smoking or a slight reaction to the PG? I don't think it could have been a PG reaction though because I still vape 50/50 and they are gone now. Maybe your body is going through something similar to what mine did? I'd definitely give it some time and see if it passes. Mine passed within about a week and a half. Eventually everything cleared up. If in time it doesn't pass then I might worry about a reaction. At that point you can try all VG and see if that helps. I'm glad mine eventually passed. Yours might pass to with time. In the meantime try not to touch the areas it could make it worsen. Hope this helps and hope yours passes like mine did.

Yours is probably quit zits.

I've been full-time vaping for a month a month and these horrible acnes are still popping. And mostly are around my mouth area.

I really don't know how long more should I give. My face is 15% destoryed.

If ths goes on I might just really give up on vaping... and hopefully won't go back to analog...

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
ARGH!! THE BREAKOUTS ARE BACK!!!

I started breaking out 1 month after I started vaping, mostly around my mouth area. And so I switched to 100% vg and it settled now after a couple of weeks. But now... 2 months later, it started breaking out again!!! The last time was around the left side of mouth but this time it's on the right side!!! Why?! I'm using 100% vg still...

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Did your doctor prescribe something for your "infection type of acnes (much more serious)." As in an oral or topical antibiotic or some form of treatment for your condition and did you get relief from the treatment.
Did the doctor do full spectrum allergy testing? or at least try to identify a sensitivity to PG/VG?
Do these break outs coincide with any other life stresses or hormonal cycles.

Might be experiencing a reaction to a flavoring component considering most if not all beauty products, lotions, creams, cosmetics, acne treatments, shampoo, toothpaste ect contain PG, many contain VG as well.
An aggressive skin care regime would likely put your skin in more direct contact with PG & VG that you could get from years of vaping.

Some people just can't vape for one reason or another, kinda like some can't eat peanuts, honey or shellfish.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
The whole vaping causing zits thing doesn't add up for me. If anything you should make sure you keep your hands and gear clean. I would think contact with juice, and the nastiness that can build up on a drip tip are more likely to cause a breakout than inhalation of vapor.

People shouldn't be so quick to blame things on vaping, it seems after they start some take the opportunity to say the anything going wrong must be vaping's fault.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
Yes. It could be the nasty things that built up on the drip tip. Or it could also be the vapor brushing across my face.

I never had breakouts like these in more than a dozen years. Whatsmore these breakouts are mainly around my mouth and close toeach other.

Couldn't be food or that I didn't clean my mouth after eating, because my eating habit remains the same and if it really were my eating habits, why breakout only now?

I suspect my latest 100% vg juices aren't really 100% vg afterall... might contain some pg inside and therefore the breakout once again. Sigh....

illitirit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
United States
the odd thing is, im in the complete opposite ballpark as you.

I suffered with acne for 10 years with no end of it in sight really, i also smoked for about 13 years. Once i switched to vaping last year and have not touched an analog since my skin has turned pretty much 95% clear. Of course it wasnt just like one day i woke up and my skin was clear, but over the course of this past year I can def say that vaping has cleared my skin.

I would say, give it more time and drink more water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread