• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I think i got scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mafaSG

Mar 20, 2017
I recently bought from a seller on instagram he first said 100$ for subox Mini but he said had to pay full first as i am new i agreed but when i deposited 100$ he suddenly said his supplier increased price to 130 so i deposited 30 more then he said typo it was 150 so i deposited 20 more i was hesitant to deposit more at first but he kept refusing refunding me and kept hurrying me I had no choice but to take the risk. Today I wanted some Pancake Man with it i was suppoused to meet him today but he said his runner got caught by malaysian authorities i said ok tomorrow then he never replied me. What should I do?

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
never bought on instagram but, i wouldn't think there is much you can do other than report them to instagram. sorry but, thinking you are out of your $$ on this one. his runner/etc got caught translates to, 'you got scammed'. afterall you were suppose to meet him today, yet they would not of even had the item on hand (since his runner hmm got caught in Malaysia).

i don't know how instagram payments/etc works but, can you not stop payment?

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
I recently bought from a seller on instagram he first said 100$ for Subox Mini but he said had to pay full first as i am new i agreed but when i deposited 100$ he suddenly said his supplier increased price to 130 so i deposited 30 more then he said typo it was 150 so i deposited 20 more i was hesitant to deposit more at first but he kept refusing refunding me and kept hurrying me I had no choice but to take the risk. Today I wanted some Pancake Man with it i was suppoused to meet him today but he said his runner got caught by malaysian authorities i said ok tomorrow then he never replied me. What should I do?
Stop hoping. You've been scammed.
It's a classic ploy to make you pay one amt, then pressure you for more. Same ploy used by loan scammers too.
This has been advised many times on the forum: DO NOT PAY ANYONE A DEPOSIT. The more desperate you are, the easier it is to lead you to the slaughterhouse.
If you're truly desperate, go to JB to buy.
You can find the sellers through FB or even Google. The "shops" still in biz will respond in chat or give you a number to call/whatsapp. Contact them and they will send you a long list of what's available. Pick what you want and show up at the designated time or place. Then voila! More juice.

Sent from the road using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread