I'm new and I got E-fest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,
I'm new and after few order around the world, which nobody wanted to ship battery to Malta, I got those from Spain, but I think I wasted my money, E-fest imr 18650 3.7v 2600mah, I been usu them for two days, seem they last no long and never charge completely, I been useing the best charger, Revolectrix so I guess are the cells?

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
Efest batteries are not something I would recommend. They're are usually overspeced and overpriced. They should be ok at moderate wattage though. What mod are you using and at what power setting?

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

I have had great success with the EFest IMR 2900mAh batteries. I mainly use them in my meck mods.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have had great success with the EFest IMR 2900mAh batteries. I mainly use them in my meck mods.
Sure, they work, but make sure that you know the actual amp rating of the battery - not the exaggerated value on the wrapper - and do your builds according to that. Mooch's tests, posted in the battery subforum, are pretty much the only ones that reveal the actual amp rating. I'm not sure if he has tested the particular battery you're using.

Reactions: Baditude

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
Might be a 10 amp battery so be careful.

I know it's not a 10A. I've been using them in my mecks for a while now and have had no issues. I know they are reraps and there's no chance it's really a 35A/80A but I have always been amazed at how good it is on battery life. I have the LG's Sony and Samsung so I am not an Efest fan by any means and have heard all the negative rerap stuff but IMO this battery is a good battery. I have always use the IMR in my mecks because of the safer chemistry when they fail. I do agree that any company that reraps batteries should be honest on the specs for safety.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I know it's not a 10A. I've been using them in my mecks for a while now and have had no issues. I know they are reraps and there's no chance it's really a 35A/80A but I have always been amazed at how good it is on battery life. I have the LG's Sony and Samsung so I am not an Efest fan by any means and have heard all the negative rerap stuff but IMO this battery is a good battery. I have always use the IMR in my mecks because of the safer chemistry when they fail. I do agree that any company that reraps batteries should be honest on the specs for safety.
How do you know it's not a 10 amp battery. Use only doesn't show that.

And strictly speaking the Efest(s) isn't an IMR battery. Very few of the batteries used for vaping are. They are hybrid batteries, combining the safety of IMR chemistry with the capacity of ICR chemistry. Safe(r) chemistry, but not IMR.

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
How do you know it's not a 10 amp battery. Use only doesn't show that.

And strictly speaking the Efest(s) isn't an IMR battery. Very few of the batteries used for vaping are. They are hybrid batteries, combining the safety of IMR chemistry with the capacity of ICR chemistry. Safe(r) chemistry, but not IMR.

I know that when I use it with my build on my meck that it doesn't get hot and I have no issue with it. I am not a battery expert but I know from my use of it it's been a good battery for me. Can you point me to a true IMR battery?

CharTech

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Carolinas
I know that when I use it with my build on my meck that it doesn't get hot and I have no issue with it. I am not a battery expert but I know from my use of it it's been a good battery for me. Can you point me to a true IMR battery?
And how do any of use know that when we purchase a Sony, Samsung, LG.. that it's really what it's suppose to be? Is it real or a rerap. Just saying.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Still doesn't prove anything. I don't remember which batteries are actually IMR, sorry. Looking quickly at some of the battery specs at akkuteile.de it seems that LG hd2 might be one. According to the specs it's lithium manganese dioxide, but that has to be a misspelling (LiMnO2 insted of LiMn2O4). The LG hb2 for example is LiNiMnCoO2 (according to the specs again), INR/NMC/NCM depending on the nomenclature used by manufacturers - a newer hybrid chemistry with a higher energy density. Seems to be what is most common in the batteries we use.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I have a couple dozen batteries and 7-8 of them are purple eFest 18350, 18500 and 18650.... All have worked perfectly for over 5 months.

I think my Samsungs are better, but that is based on ratings here, not actual documented performance.

The issue with Purple Efests is not that they 'don't work', it's that they have overrated specs on them. If you were to draw the amount of amps from them that is written on the label, sooner or later they will vent.
They take B or C grade castoffs from the manufacturers that actually produce batteries, rewrap them, put inflated specs on them and then sell them for a healthy markup. They are also known to change the cell under the wrapper without notice. It's imperative that you are aware of the actual CDR of the cell you are using, using re-wraps like Efest is pure roulette.

Stick with quality cells from Sony LG and Samsung that have been tested by Mooch. There's virtually no conceivable reason to use anything else.

image-jpeg.542520

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I been useing the best charger, Revolectrix so I guess are the cells?
The charger that you have is a LiPo battery charger, not a Li-Ion battery charger, which is what you should be using.
PL8EC5.fea.jpg

Purple Efest Batteries are notorious for having over-rated specifications. Purple Efest Batteries: Not As Advertised

Not to be rude, but you've made some pretty poor choices concerning both your charger and batteries.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands; suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, discusses what independent charging bays are, LED and Liquid Crystal Display models, and "smart chargers".
+1 to SoniBomb's recommendations for batteries. :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread