Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
As far as I know, the Effective date for HB-1432 is July 1st, 2015.

But that was Part of the Reason I asked if there is any New News on things in Indiana.
I haven't heard anything Zoid. I haven't been on here much since the format change. Good changes, but it seems harder to find things I'm interested in, not as many people posting...
I haven't ordered any liquid since the decision, and haven't heard how vendors are handling the change.
I'm not sure if I will order before the end of the month or not.
You?

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I haven't heard anything Zoid. I haven't been on here much since the format change. Good changes, but it seems harder to find things I'm interested in, not as many people posting...
I haven't ordered any liquid since the decision, and haven't heard how vendors are handling the change.
I'm not sure if I will order before the end of the month or not.
You?

I haven't heard much of Anything since HB-1432 was Signed. And I have Enough Nicotine Base to probably last me 3 Years after I Die.

The Biggest Question I had was what is the Status of Indiana SB-384?

I heard Talk that in its Current Form that it was Dead. But that it was going to be Rolled into another Piece of Legislation?

Have you heard anything about the $0.0083 per mg of Tax on Nicotine?

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I haven't heard much of Anything since HB-1432 was Signed. And I have Enough Nicotine Base to probably last me 3 Years after I Die.

The Biggest Question I had was what is the Status of Indiana SB-384?

I heard Talk that in its Current Form that it was Dead. But that it was going to be Rolled into another Piece of Legislation?

Have you heard anything about the $0.0083 per mg of Tax on Nicotine?

The best I could do was find sb 384 and sb 539 appear to be dead.
I can't find any info about when 1432 goes into effect tho. Sketchy
info out there in google ville.
Defeat of Indiana Senate Bills 384 and 539 – V4P3R

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Ok pertaining to 1432, I lifted this off of Hoosier Vapers' FB
page:
Hoosier VapersThe July 1st deadline is for current business. New businesses just can't start selling until they have the tobacco certificate. Also, the word from ATC is that the law says you have to have the certificate and comply with packaging rules by July 1st, but ATC can't enforce or fine people for it until September 1st.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Reactions: mcol

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
As far as I know, the Effective date for HB-1432 is July 1st, 2015.

But that was Part of the Reason I asked if there is any New News on things in Indiana.

Out of curiosity I emailed my nicotine vendor. I'll refrain from mentioning the name, maybe I'm being paranoid but I have a picture in my head of some State bureaucrat reading this and adding them to a list.

I got a reply this morning saying they had no plans at this time to stop shipping to Indiana. They mentioned that since they are not an ejuice manufacturer they didn't think they were impacted, though things are changing and they didn't know what would happen down the road.

I'm not sure I agree with their interpretation of the law. My own reading of the bill is that it covers anything remotely connected in any way to ejuice, but the language is rather obscure. And I haven't been able to find any information about implementation dates for this law. I searched the State site and couldn't find anything.

I'm going to contact a juice vendor and ask the same question.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Out of curiosity I emailed my nicotine vendor. I'll refrain from mentioning the name, maybe I'm being paranoid but I have a picture in my head of some State bureaucrat reading this and adding them to a list.

I got a reply this morning saying they had no plans at this time to stop shipping to Indiana. They mentioned that since they are not an ejuice manufacturer they didn't think they were impacted, though things are changing and they didn't know what would happen down the road.

I'm not sure I agree with their interpretation of the law. My own reading of the bill is that it covers anything remotely connected in any way to ejuice, but the language is rather obscure. And I haven't been able to find any information about implementation dates for this law. I searched the State site and couldn't find anything.

I'm going to contact a juice vendor and ask the same question.

Thank you for Posting this.

I have been Very Curious about what Retailers inside of Indiana are Doing. But also about Retailers outside of Indiana shipping to Indiana.

Reactions: KattMamma

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I should make it a point while in Indiana to visit a vape shop and
see what they have to say on the matter. I'm bringing my own
stuff though. Will be interesting to see what my ANTZ relatives
have to comment on me vaping after all this, if they saw anything
in the news.
Looking forward to your scoop!!

Reactions: mcol

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I was in my local vape shop about a month ago and got to talking to the manager about this stuff. He and the owners of the shop were very involved in the efforts at the state house and have developed a good relationship with Evan McMahon, the lobbyist working with Hoosier Vapers. I was told that July 2016 is when the hammer falls for all shops, they have to be in compliance by then. This particular shop has the means and the intention to comply, so they're going to survive. As for online sales, I'm not sure if that has a different deadline but will try to find out and report back.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I was in my local vape shop about a month ago and got to talking to the manager about this stuff. He and the owners of the shop were very involved in the efforts at the state house and have developed a good relationship with Evan McMahon, the lobbyist working with Hoosier Vapers. I was told that July 2016 is when the hammer falls for all shops, they have to be in compliance by then. This particular shop has the means and the intention to comply, so they're going to survive. As for online sales, I'm not sure if that has a different deadline but will try to find out and report back.

I knew I heard July 2016 somewhere, thank you I don't feel like I'm going
crazy now. If I remember right you are about ten miles from where I'm
going next week, so I'd probably get the same responses you have gotten.
Going to be interesting.

Reactions: KattMamma

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
If you want to visit this particular shop they have three locations. One in Valparaiso, one in Portage and one in Hobart. All known as VapinN*insert city name*. The managers name is Max and he's very well versed about all things HB1432 related. I'm in Valpo. Message me if you have time while you're here and maybe we can meet at one of the shops!

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
If you want to visit this particular shop they have three locations. One in Valparaiso, one in Portage and one in Hobart. The managers name is Max and he's very well versed about all things HB1432 related. I'm in Valpo. Message me if you have time while you're here and maybe we can meet at one of the shops!

Sounds great. My parents live in Westville and I have friends in Michigan City.
Will see how I am doing on time =)

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Westville is very close, just 15-20 minutes or so. VapinNValpo would be closest for you. Lucky for you it hasn't gotten humid out here yet lol!

Yup, I come in on SR 2 and go through Valpo, plus have lots of relatives there.
VapinNValpo, will keep that in mind for sure. Thanks! I'll be bringing my own
supplies and juice, but always on the lookout to trying out new stuff!

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm just curious as to how Indiana can force someone from another state to comply with Indiana regulations about shop requirements? I know New Hampshire won a federal lawsuit against Massachusetts when Ma. tried to get NH. retailers to follow Ma. regulations when doing business with Ma residents. Something about federal interstate commerce laws. As long as it was legal in Ma, NH has the right to sell to Ma. customers.

So, how does Indiana stop people from buying e-liquid from another state? Indiana doesn't control the post office, the federal government does. Is Indiana really going to examine every package in the post office to see if it contains juice. All out of state vendors would have to do is not label their packages as vape related then the state would need a warrant or have to show probable cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread