Innokin Disrupter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
N.Az
I hate to change mod subjects, however, Bwahaha.
I'm playing with the EVic-Vtc mini and its a nice little device too. I bought just the mod. Then realized I needed the tank too and got it in the mail as well today. So now I'm using the whole setup and its pretty nice. It's a 18650 set-up though.

The .02 nickel coil is nice. I didn't think I would like .02, it's okay. This thing has so many options and combos I'm going to be awhile figuring it out.

Good luck with a mod and tank. I still like the Disruptor and kanger subtank mini, even the iSub tank. I wish I would have bought the glass iSub now. Oh well, live and learn.

This guy, all his vids are good, his battery safety ones are the best/most knowledgeable I've come across.

Reactions: kcdew

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
I hate to change mod subjects, however, Bwahaha.
I'm playing with the EVic-Vtc mini and its a nice little device too. I bought just the mod. Then realized I needed the tank too and got it in the mail as well today. So now I'm using the whole setup and its pretty nice. It's a 18650 set-up though.

The .02 nickel coil is nice. I didn't think I would like .02, it's okay. This thing has so many options and combos I'm going to be awhile figuring it out.

Good luck with a mod and tank. I still like the Disruptor and kanger subtank mini, even the iSub tank. I wish I would have bought the glass iSub now. Oh well, live and learn.

This guy, all his vids are good, his battery safety ones are the best/most knowledgeable I've come across.

I really like the look of the cyan eVic-Vtc mini. Its been in my possible line up since day one(there's about 6 options at this point lol) However the temperature control sorta fresks me out. I'm not sure if I'm ready for all that yet. Are you forced to use temp control or is it just an option? Thanks for the video on the batteries! That's another thing that has held me back on the eVic or even the Kanger Subox Mini starter kit, not know which batteries to pick. I'll watch it in the morning.

Reactions: Pearl B

Pearl B

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
N.Az
Yeah there's 4 options on the eVic, 2 Tc, nickel and titanium, 2 non temp control, power and bypass. Which to me so far seem pretty much the same. You can adjust by wattage in power, just like the Disruptor. Bypass, I'm not to sure about. I can't remember if it's adjustable wattage or if it just kinda auto detects all settings. It's getting late and I'm getting tired, lol.
I was just using that mode the other night. Seems I just threw on the kanger and it did the rest.

I'm not sure about using nickel wire. I've heard it may have possible bad side effects much more so than titanium, Kanthal, or stainless steel. Part of the reason I went with Joyetech is their one of the founding companies of personal vapers and give a very high priority to safety.
So I'm thinking if there's a safe nickel coil, theyve figured out how to make it.

I admit that is strictly my own theory and I could be completely wrong. I am willing to trust Joyetech to being as safe as possible.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I just started using the VaporFi Pro II. I like it, real smooth. I ordered it online.

The Pro II is not the same sort of e-cig in question.
Thankfully, for you, it is one of the products Vaporfi have stopped "pretending" is a $200 e-cig.

Got to love their business model (not).

1. Pretend an e-cig 'was' $279.99

2. Charge 'now' $119.99

3. Don't mention you can buy it for $42.50 from an independent store directly from the original manufacturers.

People need to know. Count yourself lucky. I got into $800 with these sorts of companies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My husband and I are beginners to the vape world. We are considering getting the Innokin Disrupter Innocell Vaping Power System. Would this be good for a beginner? It seems simple enough. As far as tank goes, we were thinking about getting the Innokin iSub Apex.

Edit: After deciding the Apex might not be a good fit for myself, I've been reading reviews that the Aspire Nautilus might be a good choice for a mouth to lung user. Any thoughts or opinions on that?

Yes on the disruptor. It has batteries that pluv together with the circuitry that can be had at a reasonable price. I would recommend an extra energy cell so you can have one charging while you are using the other one.

the disruptor can fire sub ohm tanks down to .2 or .3 ohms and run at 5-50 watts so you have plenty of room to grow into it.

About the Innokin Apex I would say no. Because it is a sub ohm tank. Most sub ohm tanks are designed for lung hits and if you are just coming off cigarettes; you may not be ready for that much airflow. Later as you are ready for more airflow the apex is a good tank but there are about 70 other decent sub ohm tanks

I don't have the apex but the reviewers are remarking that it has very good flavor.

I will allow the veterans to advise you on tanks that have a draw similar to s cigarette.

I started with an evod starter kit then ProTank by Kanger. I am sure there are better tanks than that now.

I use two RTAs now. A Goblin Mini and a Kayfun Lite Plus Nano.
RTA =Rebuuldable Tank Atomizer.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
My husband and I are beginners to the vape world. We are considering getting the Innokin Disrupter Innocell Vaping Power System. Would this be good for a beginner? It seems simple enough. As far as tank goes, we were thinking about getting the Innokin iSub Apex.

Edit: After deciding the Apex might not be a good fit for myself, I've been reading reviews that the Aspire Nautilus might be a good choice for a mouth to lung user. Any thoughts or opinions on that?

Nautilus Mini sounds perfect. Good flavor and four different airflow settings

You could do a lot worse than the disruptor and Nautilus Mini.

I definitely like the fact the battery is separate from the brains so ufva battery faiks toss it and get another.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
About the Innokin Apex I would say no. Because it is a sub ohm tank. Most sub ohm tanks are designed for lung hits and if you are just coming off cigarettes; you may not be ready for that much airflow.
In the case of the Apex and the Aspire Triton they both can deliver for MTL. Just close down the AF and on the Apex, use the 2.0 ohm coil, dial it down to around 13w....OFC adjust the power accordingly. On the Triton you can build a higher ohm coil using the RTA deck, close off the AF, drop the power. It is actually a great MTL tank.

Another way to use a sub ohm tank for MTL is to use a small bore drip tip.:)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
In the case of the Apex and the Aspire Triton they both can deliver for MTL. Just close down the AF and on the Apex, use the 2.0 ohm coil, dial it down to around 13w....OFC adjust the power accordingly. On the Triton you can build a higher ohm coil using the RTA deck, close off the AF, drop the power. It is actually a great MTL tank.

I agree a small bore drip tip will tighten the airflow.

I have learned in spades not to recommend sub ohming to beginners. I actually lost a friend because of the Subtank mini. He could not tame the air flow to what he was used to. Then Cindy she tried sub ohming and went back to her tootle puffing pro tank and Ego batteries. Last I heard from her she had found a sale on my vapor store and had bought six orvso Ego batteries.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I suppose like most things trial and error are key. All else fails, if we don't like the distrupter becomes a back up lol sucks to waste money in that way but live and learn I suppose. My husband quit smoking cigs long ago and is basically doing it for the clouds. I on the other hand, haven't fully quit yet. Maybe I'll look into getting a different Innokin mod for myself. Thanks for being honest!

I haven't had time to read this whole thread, but I just want to say, you'll like the Disrupter. I don't think it will EVER become "just a backup" for you, and definitely not a waste of money. I have one, and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It's simple enough for a noob like me, and it performs flawlessly. There's something about it (and I know there's a technical reason for this, but don't ask me to explain it - LOL!) that even makes your juice taste better. Honestly, I can take a tank from any other mod, put it on my Disrupter, and it tastes better and vapes smoother. The tanks I currently use on it are the Kanger Protank (I and II), the mini Protank II, and an iSubG. Oh, I also have a couple of EVOD tanks from my first starter set that work just fine on it as well (you need an adapter to use the smaller tanks). I have a .5 ohm coil in the iSub tank, and the others I use 1.8 to 2.5 ohm coils in. ALL are good with the Disrupter.

~Lannie

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I have learned in spades not to recommend sub ohming to beginners. I actually lost a friend because of the Subtank mini. He could not tame the air flow to what he was used to. Then Cindy she tried sub ohming and went back to her tootle puffing pro tank and Ego batteries. Last I heard from her she had found a sale on my vapor store and had bought six orvso Ego batteries.
I agree on the beginners comment!...That said, you are only sub ohm'ing below 1.0 ohm and the Apex has a 2.0 ohm coil and the Triton has a 1.8 ohm plus an RTA deck one can build an above 1 ohm coil for.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I agree on the beginners comment!...That said, you are only sub ohm'ing below 1.0 ohm and the Apex has a 2.0 ohm coil and the Triton has a 1.8 ohm plus an RTA deck one can build an above 1 ohm coil for.

Everything you said there is correct. My issue is that most sub ohm tanks have BIG airflow and people just off analogs are not ready for that much air.

I want to help people to get off the analogs not go back to them because they are not able to deal with big air.

My sweet spot for vaping on my RTAs is .8-1 ohm.

Most companies are building tanks for big air and the tootle puffers just getting off analogs are not being supported as they should.

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
Yeah there's 4 options on the eVic, 2 Tc, nickel and titanium, 2 non temp control, power and bypass. Which to me so far seem pretty much the same. You can adjust by wattage in power, just like the Disruptor. Bypass, I'm not to sure about. I can't remember if it's adjustable wattage or if it just kinda auto detects all settings. It's getting late and I'm getting tired, lol.
I was just using that mode the other night. Seems I just threw on the kanger and it did the rest.

I'm not sure about using nickel wire. I've heard it may have possible bad side effects much more so than titanium, Kanthal, or stainless steel. Part of the reason I went with Joyetech is their one of the founding companies of personal vapers and give a very high priority to safety.
So I'm thinking if there's a safe nickel coil, theyve figured out how to make it.

I admit that is strictly my own theory and I could be completely wrong. I am willing to trust Joyetech to being as safe as possible.

Thank you for explaining that to me! I eventually will make my mind up lol. Still have about another week to make up my mind :D

Reactions: Pearl B

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
Nautilus Mini sounds perfect. Good flavor and four different airflow settings

You could do a lot worse than the disruptor and Nautilus Mini.

I definitely like the fact the battery is separate from the brains so ufva battery faiks toss it and get another.

Thanks for the help!! I'll continue my research on the MTL tanks mentioned and look at some bore drip tips. I won't be ordering for myself until next Friday so I plenty of time to decide & change my mind...I'm good at changing lol.

As far as the battery on the distruper, it's basically what sold my husand on it. He wants a device as a hobby for clouds & flavor. I want one for helping to quit the stinky cigs & the rest of it is just a bonus :)

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
Thanks for the help!! I'll continue my research on the MTL tanks mentioned and look at some bore drip tips. I won't be ordering for myself until next Friday so I plenty of time to decide & change my mind...I'm good at changing lol.
Just to stay on the same page....the Nautilus will not need a smaller bore drip tip. The Apex and Triton could benefit using a smaller tip for MTL.

Another really cheap and great MTL tank is the Ismoka Eleaf GS Air M, there is a standard GS Air but I suggest the M for a larger capacity and easier air flow control.....10 bucks there about.

kcdew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Missouri
Just to stay on the same page....the Nautilus will not need a smaller bore drip tip. The Apex and Triton could benefit using a smaller tip for MTL.

Another really cheap and great MTL tank is the Ismoka Eleaf GS Air M, there is a standard GS Air but I suggest the M for a larger capacity and easier air flow control.....10 bucks there about.

Before I waste my time looking at the wrong thing...As far the drip tips for the Triton(or any of the other removable ones), they would just have to be the 510 thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread