Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
was skimming thru my list of 'watched' threads and noticed the MVP Owners group was LOCKED :eek: wow!

how times have changed (in vapin' terms) - still have to give full recognition for the MVP making it possible, for me, to make the switch to vapin...

:thumb: :thumbs: :thumb:

it was very sad to delete it from the list

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
My VV V3's (which charge at 500mAh) came with a THIN white USB cable (with that retractor thingie).

My iStick-30W's and iStick-TC40W's (which charge at 1A) came with a THICK black USB cable.

Would it be unsafe to use the thin white USB cables to charge my iStick-30W/TC40W mods???

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
My VV V3's (which charge at 500mAh) came with a THIN white USB cable (with that retractor thingie).

My iStick-30W's and iStick-TC40W's (which charge at 1A) came with a THICK black USB cable.

Would it be unsafe to use the thin white USB cables to charge my iStick-30W/TC40W mods???

Safety is a relative term. If you feel safe using a wire rated for half the current load that you plan on putting on it, go right ahead. Be aware that Ohms Law comes in to play here and the smaller the wire, the higher the resistance and, hence, the bigger the loss. In this case charging current. That means longer charge time as well as that loss generating heat. Now whether or not that's a lot of heat, relative to surface area, is a whole other question, but sticking with a cable rated for the current being used is always a good idea.

Incidentally, I charge my one amp rated devices with a USB cable that is rated for two amps. Delivers the current with minimal loss which results in maximum speed. I can tell you that I use that thin white cable, for convenience, when programming my DNA200 mods. When plugged into my PC using one of those 2 amp rated cables it charges at 500ma. With that thin one, all it can do is about 250ma. Just saying....

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Or just use the thick black one to charge the VV3s as well?

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Gerry, that type of wire is an inherently poor conductor. It's usually made of a flat, foil on plastic instead of wire or extremely thin wire to make it as flexible as it is. It sure is cornvenient, I love it when fooling with the DNA200, but for serious charging nothing beats a 2 amp, or better, cable.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just wanted to thank Innokin (and @Innokin_Ash ) for the great contest, and I am enjoying my new toy a lot. Still a fan, and still LOVING, the original CFIV, this is a wonderful addition to my vaping family.

You guys sure do make some great stuff. Thank you. :)

IMG_20160427_065927 (Large).jpg

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Gerry, that type of wire is an inherently poor conductor. It's usually made of a flat, foil on plastic instead of wire or extremely thin wire to make it as flexible as it is. It sure is cornvenient, I love it when fooling with the DNA200, but for serious charging nothing beats a 2 amp, or better, cable.

I'm never really in a situation where I need "serious charging".

I have enough Mods in my Rotation that I'm never sitting around waiting for a Mod to charge.

I just plug in the 5 Mods with the lowest remaining battery into my charging station before I hit the sack. So if they charge in 2 hours or 6 hours...it really doesn't matter...I'm sleeping...

[I'm aware of the mantra..."Never Charge Batteries Unattended!!!". But...there are not infrequent night house fires in The 'Burgh that end up being attributed to a faulty refrigerator...and I, nevertheless, continue to leave my refrigerator plugged in at bedtime...:shock: ]

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I'm never really in a situation where I need "serious charging".

I have enough Mods in my Rotation that I'm never sitting around waiting for a Mod to charge.

I just plug in the 5 Mods with the lowest remaining battery into my charging station before I hit the sack. So if they charge in 2 hours or 6 hours...it really doesn't matter...I'm sleeping...

[I'm aware of the mantra..."Never Charge Batteries Unattended!!!". But...there are not infrequent night house fires in The 'Burgh that end up being attributed to a faulty refrigerator...and I, nevertheless, continue to leave my refrigerator plugged in at bedtime...:shock: ]

It appears to me you are a practitioner of the five Ps
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It appears to me you are a practitioner of the five Ps
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance
There are actually 6 Ps, but I think the obfuscator would kill the 4th word. Rhymes with kiss, though...
I just wanted to thank Innokin (and @Innokin_Ash ) for the great contest, and I am enjoying my new toy a lot. Still a fan, and still LOVING, the original CFIV, this is a wonderful addition to my vaping family.

You guys sure do make some great stuff. Thank you. :)

View attachment 549618
Got mine in today... 'course I had to buy mine lol. Liking it. Currently running dual 316l Stainless coils in the Griffin 25 on top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
I just wanted to say Thank You to followers of this thread. You all have been generous with the links to
Innokin mods at great prices!
Life has happened lately and I don't get much time to read and post on the ECF, but I know what is going down in DC.
This is why I am thankful for the info. I have been prepared for deeming for a few months now, and can vape for the next 10 years. I would not have been if it wasn't for the great buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread