The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MVP Owners Group-into the next generation…

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by pufZeppelin, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Why do you consider the Disrupter a "beta device"? It performs very well and the changeable lipo is a big plus. Just curious.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Utew

Utew Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Eugene, OR
    Phil Busardo's video review of the Disrupter, highlighted the quirks that should be addressed to turn it into what (IMO) should be a killer MOD. Love the sliding replaceable battery, but at present the capacity is too small (on shipping units). I agree with him that the battery should slide UP from the bottom, not DOWN from the top. Overall un-finished look of the top and bottom plates (covers), ie the over-abundance of screws showing.

Nit-picking? Perhaps... but those things alone turn what is a really attractive and desirable device into just an almost ready for primetime product. Thus my "beta" comment.
    2.0 version of the Disrupter, with those issues fixed would be killer and I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. YMMV.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. VapieDan

Well I agree with some of your points. In fact I wrote Innokin about the ugly screws. The direction of slide makes no difference to me. Perhaps their thinking was/is the unit spends it's time upright and the battery can't slide off? It would take a ton of wear to get to that point. The 2,000 mah is too small. 3,000 are out now but with a size penalty. Since it is a replaceable battery why not keep a spare around? It is not perfect but I think Innokin achieved what they were out to do I vote no on Beta. Vote yes on their could be improvements but none are imperative.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Oregon Linda

Oregon Linda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    Totally agree. The Disrupter is my favorite of all my Innokin mods. I have absolutely no problem with how the battery slide off. In fact, I got a big laugh out of Busardos problem with the battery. You'd really have to be clumsy to have the problems he had with it. They fit very tight. And I have 5 Disrupter batteries that I pull on and off all the time. I've frequently found them on sale for $12. As soon as My Vapor Store gets the 3000 mah batteries, I'm definitely going to pick up a couple. It's also a very comfortable mod to hold - much more so than my MVP 20W mods. Personally, I think it's one of the best mods they've ever made.

• Like Like x 3
  5. VapieDan

Place a small amount of No-OX-ID on the contact pins in the body and on the contact surface. Slides like butter!

• Like Like x 3
  6. havoc1967

havoc1967 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Question for you guys - I had the original MVP and thought very highly of it. The past few years I have only used mechs though. I am considering getting the MVP 3 Pro for my wife. What are your opinions reliability/quality/longevity wise on that one?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Capt.shay

Capt.shay Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    I would look at the Cool Fire IV. Slightly smaller, great hand feel and a solid device available in womanly colors.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Agent75

Agent75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Agreed. I started on MVPs but they're just so damn boxy. Coolfire 4, Wismec Presa, even an istick 50W are far more pleasing to hold.

• Like Like x 2
  9. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    I would have to say probably better than the 2.0 version
    •flush spring loaded SS 510 pin
    •4500 mah battery
    •better fire button
    •bigger screen

but:
    many great choices from Innokin to go along with the "Pro"

upload_2016-1-7_14-7-51.png

upload_2016-1-7_14-9-13.png

upload_2016-1-7_14-9-58.png

the cool fire series is more custom hand fit than the brick style
    and the newest CoolFire has some battery now

:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. herb

herb Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The MVP 20 watts are perfection to me , i am not one of those , "oh, it's too big or boxy" types , i took an MVP apart and i was blown away how solid the overall build and construction of it was , really amazing .

Innokin still makes the best quality mods you can buy imo .

• Like Like x 4
  11. Agent75

Agent75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2014
    United Kingdom
    If I could afford it I'd take a Coolfire IV plus over an MVP pro any day. Typical solid Innokin quality, just more aesthetically pleasing. I just got the coolfire IV and it's robust. Kicks the Wismec in the nuts, and doesn't get alarmingly hot while charging, unlike the Presa which I move away from any other gear whilst charging just in case!

• Like Like x 2
  12. pufZeppelin

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    sorry to say good-bye to a favorite artist of mine - David Bowie (1947-2016)
    he passed away Sunday, age 69

Bowie was a TECHIE and Always had a cigarette in his mouth, I can't say I ever seen a picture of him
    with an electronic cigarette... - makes me wonder :?:

upload_2016-1-11_19-56-43.png

he sure filled me with a lot of memories...

upload_2016-1-11_20-0-11.png

R.I.P.
    :cry:

• Like Like x 3
  13. pufZeppelin

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Bowie’s passing makes me think back…

1972 - I was in a good place in life, all was good and that
    included some of the best Rock-n-Roll, which included the
    newly released Ziggy Stardust album…
    I remember when it came out,
    I was at our local head/record shop and heard it – wow!
    I think I fell in love with each song, just as I heard each first note…

just SOME of the high points from that grand Rock-n-Roll year...

upload_2016-1-11_20-26-10.png

boy, wish I would of had an MVP Pro back then... :evil:

-

-

• Like Like x 2
  14. PaulBHC

PaulBHC Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2014
    Arizona
    Me and the child bride got married that year.

• Like Like x 3
  15. DavidAmonettNashville

DavidAmonettNashville Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Nashville,Tn
    Has anyone here actually tried the Innokin TC mod? Wondering how accurate it is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.