Status
Not open for further replies.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
There are a few versions on the Coolfire. Are there one or more to stay away from or are better to get?
The 510 gets a bit bad with later innokin stuff, the most reliable is the original coolfire iv 40 watt. But I've used the even earlier Coolfires too & if you vape at low wattage like me they are decent mods.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
OK so after looking around some here are some I am thinking no order of preference.
Innokin Smartbox or Coolfire or
Eleaf pico
Vaporesso Target or Target mini

have the SMARTBOX - it's a mystery, screw topper on and wonder what ya get... (but wife ABUSES it and it has held up, got to give it that)

:2c:
with cybercat in mind... my list would be - - eVic Primo Mini / Pico 25 (new) / Pico / CFIV 18650 / eVic VTC mini
in this order... all removable batteries
upload_2017-6-28_21-45-49.png

:thumb:

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
have the SMARTBOX - it's a mystery, screw topper on and wonder what ya get... (but wife ABUSES it and it has held up, got to give it that)

:2c:
with cybercat in mind... my list would be - - eVic Primo Mini / Pico 25 (new) / Pico / CFIV 18650 / eVic VTC mini
in this order... all removable batteries
Nice list I am ordering a couple evic VTC minis, dirt cheap :) they come with the tron s tank though, thought it came with the ego V2 mega.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Nice list I am ordering a couple evic VTC minis, dirt cheap :) they come with the tron s tank though, thought it came with the ego V2 mega.
The original 60 watt (upgradeable) came with the eGo ONE Mega V1. The upgraded 75 watt kit came with the Tron. Either way, it's a deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
The original 60 watt (upgradeable) came with the eGo ONE Mega V1. The upgraded 75 watt kit came with the Tron. Either way, it's a deal.

Yeah I'm cool with either but wouldn't mind getting another ego one, used to love that RBA till it went to my mate...

That looks nice, hope innokin have addressed that terrible 510 with it though!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah I'm cool with either but wouldn't mind getting another ego one, used to love that RBA till it went to my mate...

That looks nice, hope innokin have addressed that terrible 510 with it though!
The Tron IS an eGo ONE Mega with a redesigned window and hidden airflow... same draw, same coils. You likee!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have a 134 mini (Innokin Owners Group Thread). It's VW, and takes an external battery, but I don't like it much anymore because the wattage range of 7 to 12.5 (which is well within my prefs) is not variable enough, there are only presets. Another VW regulated mod I have spoiled me because I can adjust the wattage (ultimately the voltage) by tenths. The lowest wattages on the 134 are 7, 8, and 8.5. I just love the clearo that came with the 134, an iClear X.I. The coil/wick heads available for it are available in a 2.1 ohm resistance (I am definitely an above ohm tootle puffer!) are very much to my liking, as is the overall toke. I can get them (for now anyway.. I'm glad that I know how to wrap/wick and have an RTA) for $11 for 10 of 'em, and those alone will last me well over 6 months, close to a year at least if my frugal side has a say in it..

Last edited:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    I have a 134 mini. It's VW, and takes an external battery, but I don't like it much anymore because the wattage range of 7 to 12.5 (which is well within my prefs) is not variable enough, there are only presets. Another VW regulated mod I have spoiled me because I can adjust the wattage (ultimately the voltage) by tenths. The lowest wattages on the 134 are 7, 8, and 8.5. I just love the clearo that came with the 134, an iClear X.I. The coil/wick heads available for it are available in a 2.1 ohm resistance (I am definitely an above ohm tootle puffer!) are very much to my liking, as is the overall toke. I can get them (for now anyway.. I'm glad that I know how to wrap/wick and have an RTA) for $11 for 10 of 'em, and those alone will last me well over 6 months, close to a year at least if my frugal side has a say in it..

Have a look at an SVD2. They can be had for $10

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Have a look at an SVD2. They can be had for $10
    Nice price! I won the first mini (the mod and the clearo) in a contest here though, and after I couldn't disassemble and repair it (thanks BTW @DavidOck (Innokin Owners Group Thread), the one I bought (also a mod/clearo combo) was about $25 - $35 I think. I'm gonna stick with the few regs and the mech I have right now. My next purchase will be another mech, although batteries are on my list too. Now that I said that, my charger is gonna go break down..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Tenths of a volt are roughly .5 watts which is why they did it that way back then. Tenths of watts aren't enough of a difference IMO to notice a change in vapor.
    There is a huge difference to me between 3.84V and 3.95V. That's 4 tenths of a watt, according to a reg I have that displays those numbers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread