Inside the Drunker Tank

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by adeline, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. adeline

adeline Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    The first time I tried to rebuild this tank I did not have fun. There were no how-tos, and I never actually rebuilt my VVN heads. But I did watch the pbusardo video on rebuilding them. Once I realized that's what I had to do, it was pretty easy. But I know there's at least one person out there who wants to see the insides.. So here goes. Please forgive image quality and my never-been-filed fingernails. ;)

Here are all the pieces taken apart: Top cap, tank, and the atty caddy, ceramic cup, rubber gromet and center post thing
    [​IMG]

Make your coil with TWO pieces of wick, so you have two ends of wick on each side coming out of the coil. Place your wick/coil in the ceramic cup, with the wicks coming out of the slits in the side.
    [​IMG]

The annoying part is feeding the wire through the tiny holes in the cup.
    [​IMG]

Cup slips into the atty caddy.
    [​IMG]

Feed one wire through the rubber grommet, and smash the other down. Then smash it all down with the center post thing.
    [​IMG]

Trim the excess wires (of course). Now feed your wicks through the four holes on top.
    [​IMG]

Trim any excess wick.. Here's a bird's eye of your atty caddy.
    [​IMG]

Attach to the tank. My wicks are in for a good, long soak.
    [​IMG]

Fully assembled.
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps!

In closing, I love this little tank.. I came from Vivi Novas, and I feel this tank blows them out of the water. I can't make this leak (I've tried!), it doesn't flood, and the coil gunk does not get back into my juice. It's cheap, and really easy to disassemble and reassemble. If you're coming from high-end RBAs, you might not like this. It has its quirks, and it's not the greatest quality. But it's EASY and fun.

I'm still a rebuilding noob. The wick and coil were not my greatest. This was a cotton ball wick.. Nichrome 34, 5/6 coil measuring around 2.9ohms right now.

2. j4mmin42

j4mmin42 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Arcata, Cali
    Interesting name for a beer-bottle-shaped tank...and I know that's the actual name too... :laugh:

I want one. Even if it sucks, those ceramic cups would come in handy!

3. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    AHA! I wondered why they called it a Drunker. I never saw the beer bottle shape. Genius!

4. xMackx

xMackx Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Michigan
    Thank you so much for showing me the insides Adeline, it's exactly what I have wanted and had thought about making myself. I took the last few bucks i had in my account to order it up I was so excited lol. The quality looks amazing for the price, and personally cup style designed atties almost seem taylor made for cotton users. Can't wait to test it out!

5. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Hey, no problem. Looks like the tank is relatively new (hadn't heard of it until this month), so someone had to be the guinea pig. I'm not usually that person, but I gave it a shot! I don't have any real complaints, especially for $15. And now that I'm not making dud coils anymore, building coil and wick is fun.

Let us know how it goes with yours. I'll be trying different things for a while to see what I like best. Let me know which cottons you prefer with it, I'll have to try it out!

6. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Great pictures, thanks for posting. I may have to try one of those when I get the chance. I've been a fanboy of top coils since the first and I used to put up with the pita ce2s just because of their topcoil design.

7. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Moved On

Dec 30, 2012
    Somerset, MA
    You get any problems with that not being NR wire under the grommet?

8. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Not so far. I just don't have NR wire right now. I'll be picking some up... soon!

9. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    i had also been wonderign what the inside looked like. thanks for posting.
    the only thing im worried about with this tank is the fact that the resistance wire comes in direct contact with rubber (or whatever that plug thing is made from). i wonder if there is a better (non-flammable/burnable/meltable) material that can be used to secure the leads.

edit: MF DOOM! great name. im a metal face fan myself.

10. JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    Great job Adeline; let us know how it performs over time.
    Where did you buy it?
    It looks easy to replace coil and wick, like Vivi, compared to the cheap RBA's.:toast:

11. MF DOOM

MF DOOM Moved On

Dec 30, 2012
    Somerset, MA
    Does it vape good and hard? Big clouds, or is it OK... Really would like to know.

12. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    That's what NR wire legs are for. I just don't have the materials yet.

I got this from cloudsofvapor. It's easy on all fronts!

The draw is a little airy. But I get clouds. Probably has a bit to do with your wick/coil though. I'm getting a similar performance from this as with my A7.

13. cythree

cythree Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2012
    Bunker Hill, Indiana
    Cool looking tank. I have not seen a cotton ball wick before. Thanks for the look.

14. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mines at the post office right now... It's a holiday! :(

15. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Mine was a pretty sloppy attempt. And a little thick in places. A little cotton goes a long way.

16. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    HUGS! Tomorrow! You'll be Drunkering tomorrow! :)

17. xMackx

xMackx Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2012
    Michigan
    I actually need to thank you as well Donna for originally mentioning this atty. I'm very excited if ya can't tell lol. Seriously though this atty is built and designed the exact way I have been wanting to make one, it looks like the cadillac of vivi novas. I ordered mine today on a holiday so don't feel so bad. :)

18. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    BTW I saw on the Madvapes thread about this tank that it will leak on its side. I wholeheartedly disagree.

Even with the stock wick, I saw no leaking. With my rebuilds so far, no leaking.

I can lay it on its side and no sign of a leak. I can hold the thing upside down, and there's no leaking. I'm pretty impressed.

19. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great! I wondered how long you would hold out LOL. I'm not usually a guinea pig either but this one interested me. I've been rebuilding my VNs for months now and wanted something like them that was made to be rebuildable. With my luck, they'll come out with a V2 Drunker soon. I currently have no plans on getting NR wire.. I really don't want to have to mess with trying to twist the two together and I never had a problem with "hot legs" in my VN that I know of. (But never say never.. next thing I know, I'll be ordering NR wire)

Adeline, have you noticed we're not too far apart? I'm just on the other side of Asheboro. Thanks for posting the pics... I can't wait to play with mine tomorrow and I can get "drunk" too LOL :toast:

20. adeline

Nov 15, 2010
    Cary, NC
    Oh, hey! No I hadn't noticed.. That's pretty cool. I get the feeling NC doesn't have too many vapers.. Too far into tobacco country maybe? You'd think with the number of colleges around and RTP right in the heart of the state, that we'd be immersed in the new tech!! Well, some of us are, I guess. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.