Not open for further replies.

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
Did it go back in easily? I haven't had any issues yet, thankfully.

Yeah, at first it was showing as open on the Provari, was rocking and spinning like the threads were bad. I realized that it wasn't flush anymore with the bottom of the tank. Took it to my office, emptied it, took the top off at the tank part, knocked the center pin out thru the bottom, cleaned it all (there was some juice on it) reassembled, then took a towel and put it over the top and bottom - bottom side down and tapped it lightly with a hammer until it was flush again. Seems to be fine now. I'll let you know how long it lasts, but it was an easy fix. -shrug- Love the tank though, loads of vapor production - actually ordered two more.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Yeah, at first it was showing as open on the Provari, was rocking and spinning like the threads were bad. I realized that it wasn't flush anymore with the bottom of the tank. Took it to my office, emptied it, took the top off at the tank part, knocked the center pin out thru the bottom, cleaned it all (there was some juice on it) reassembled, then took a towel and put it over the top and bottom - bottom side down and tapped it lightly with a hammer until it was flush again. Seems to be fine now. I'll let you know how long it lasts, but it was an easy fix. -shrug- Love the tank though, loads of vapor production - actually ordered two more.

Thanks for the troubleshooting advice! And I'm glad you're enjoying it. I wasn't sure from your first post, but I'm happy for you! What kind of wick are you using?

Cheese cloth wicks just as well as the pads imo, and might even work out to be easier for those long wicks.

If you want to try Macks recipe you'll need some brown sugar as well, and I think something else, but I can't remember. I just tried, but couldn't fine his post. Maybe he'll pop in later and give us a link.

Yay. Cheese cloth it is! I will have to pick up some more cottons though.. Cheap and delicious!

I had a lot of flavors on a list in the "Stickies" program on my MacBook Pro. Then the hard drive died. So I need to go through the WL website again and make a new list.. but brown sugar was definitely on there. I hear good things about it.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm waiting on a WL order (got my order in at the last minute before the move) I'm going to work on a peanutbutter cookie mix.

After looking closer at the v- core, it doesn't have the ceramic cup and it looks more like a vn on the inside.

The difference between the stock wick and my cotton rebuild is (for me) night and day!

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I'm waiting on a WL order (got my order in at the last minute before the move) I'm going to work on a peanutbutter cookie mix.

After looking closer at the v- core, it doesn't have the ceramic cup and it looks more like a vn on the inside.

LUCKY!!! I went to the site.. sometime before the 18th and I guess they were closed intermittently. Now I'm out until at least Monday.. and I know they'll be swamped immediately. Sigh.

I did stock up on Flavour Art tobaccos, and ordered an UltraSonic cleaner today. :facepalm:
Now I just need WL to reopen so I can stop buying stuff!!! (except for new cottons of course!)

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
LUCKY!!! I went to the site.. sometime before the 18th and I guess they were closed intermittently. Now I'm out until at least Monday.. and I know they'll be swamped immediately. Sigh.

I did stock up on Flavour Art tobaccos, and ordered an UltraSonic cleaner today. :facepalm:
Now I just need WL to reopen so I can stop buying stuff!!! (except for new cottons of course!)

What are you going to do with an ultra sonic cleaner?

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
What are you going to do with an ultra sonic cleaner?

Cut down steeping time on my DIY juices from several weeks to 2 days. :D
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/348459-steeping-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-ii.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/348635-steeping-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-iii.html

And I loaded up my WL cart with a bunch of flavors I need to try.. Hopefully my cart will save (I'm logged in) and I can just hit go on Monday. :)

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana

One of my favorite lines

:lol:

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Love the drunker tank :D... Didn't even bother trying the stock silica wick and coil. Huge 5 ml tank, only have to fill it a couple times... a week lol. I ended up letting the cotton soak over night, performs great. Great flavor and vapor production. So many different things you can do to make it perform differently.

15cut30percentresized_zpsb0aaee5a.jpg

Love the ceramic cup, and the heavy duty grommets.
010_zpsa778adfc.jpg

Really like having a clear tank, nice and thick walls.
014_zpsdddb81bc.jpg

Doesn't look bad as I thought it would on my twist.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Love the drunker tank :D... Didn't even bother trying the stock silica wick and coil. Huge 5 ml tank, only have to fill it a couple times... a week lol. I ended up letting the cotton soak over night, performs great. Great flavor and vapor production. So many different things you can do to make it perform differently.

Love the ceramic cup, and the heavy duty grommets.

Really like having a clear tank, nice and thick walls.

Doesn't look bad as I thought it would on my twist.

YAY! I'm glad you're enjoying it! It really is a fun little tank.

What kind of cotton wick do you have going on in there? Rounds? It's so thin!

Care to share your double ry4 recipe that you have JD1 drooling over? :D

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Mack..I'm glad you're loving your drunker also! (are we the only 3 people who have it?) My coil and wick have been working great for 3 days now and I'm beginning to want it to stop working so I can play with it some more LOL. I'll definately be getting another one. I love how it's so sturdy, I'm not afraid it will fall apart in my purse. It's no more inconvenient to fill than anything else out there.

I noticed that when I refilled it this morning.. I filled by taking off the top cap and using a syringe through one of the wick holes instead of taking the whole top off (like the VN)... that for a little while it acted a bit "flooded" not exactly flooded but I could tell that there was a bit too much juice on the top around the coil.. after a few minutes of vaping, it dried out and started producing clouds of vapor again. It didn't vape bad by any means, just a bit more of a saturated vape. I also love how I don't have to constantly "tip" this tank for it to wick... in fact, for me, it seems to do better vaping it non-tipped because if I tip too much, it gets more saturated than I prefer.

Now, I'm interested in this elusive ry4 recipie! I got my order from WL this morning.. got some nic and some peanutbutter flavor. Also got a pomegranate sample that I really don't know what I'll do with :confused: The only two mixes that I normally use are caramel cappuccino and vanilla cookie. I want to try a peanutbutter cookie mix :)

Does your twist have short protection?

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Mack..I'm glad you're loving your drunker also! (are we the only 3 people who have it?) My coil and wick have been working great for 3 days now and I'm beginning to want it to stop working so I can play with it some more LOL. I'll definately be getting another one. I love how it's so sturdy, I'm not afraid it will fall apart in my purse. It's no more inconvenient to fill than anything else out there.

I noticed that when I refilled it this morning.. I filled by taking off the top cap and using a syringe through one of the wick holes instead of taking the whole top off (like the VN)... that for a little while it acted a bit "flooded" not exactly flooded but I could tell that there was a bit too much juice on the top around the coil.. after a few minutes of vaping, it dried out and started producing clouds of vapor again. It didn't vape bad by any means, just a bit more of a saturated vape.

Now, I'm interested in this elusive ry4 recipie! I got my order from WL this morning.. got some nic and some peanutbutter flavor. Also got a pomegranate sample that I really don't know what I'll do with :confused: The only two mixes that I normally use are caramel cappuccino and vanilla cookie. I want to try a peanutbutter cookie mix :)

Does your twist have short protection?

There's at least one more in the thread who has one. And a quick look at the madvapes thread says another 1 or 2 people have it too. Not sure how many of us there are though.

As for the pomegranate.. Be careful. I had a pom juice from a vendor that I'm reasonably sure uses TFA flavorings.. It's strong. Start lowww and add EM.

I'm trying to find something delicious to do with my peanut butter. I have about 40ml of PB and double choc (clear), as well as a ton of graham cracker (too much). I need to pick up some more marshmallow. But different combos of those (and caramel) have yet to reproduce the delicious vendor PBCups I tried so long ago. My favorite candy NEEDS to be recreated in a vape. I love peanut butter and have been trying everything I can think of. No real keepers yet.

I'm about to make some new wick/coils and let them soak so I can show off at the vape meet tomorrow. Thinking it's time for a cheesecloth with for the Drunker! If it's a success I'll let you know. Hah, I'll probably let you know if it isn't!

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
For everyones curiosity,

Double Ry4 Recipe

10% Double Ry4 (Wizard Labs)
25% 60mg/ml nic/vg= 15mg/ml
10% water
55% Vegetable Glycerin

Let steep for 4 weeks, and if you keep some for seed steeping for a future mix it can be vaped after 2 days and fully darkens at 7 days.

Adeline, I did use the cotton rounds for my wick/wicks.

To make sure I don't choke the cotton (wick holes/slots/coil) I should be able to slide the wick through everything easily without stuffing. It won't be sealed for leaking right away, but after soaking it expands enough so it doesn't leak.

Donnah the Ego twists are supposed to have short circuit protection but it doesn't work very well.

I really love this design.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
There's at least one more in the thread who has one. And a quick look at the madvapes thread says another 1 or 2 people have it too. Not sure how many of us there are though.

As for the pomegranate.. Be careful. I had a pom juice from a vendor that I'm reasonably sure uses TFA flavorings.. It's strong. Start lowww and add EM.

I'm trying to find something delicious to do with my peanut butter. I have about 40ml of PB and double choc (clear), as well as a ton of graham cracker (too much). I need to pick up some more marshmallow. But different combos of those (and caramel) have yet to reproduce the delicious vendor PBCups I tried so long ago. My favorite candy NEEDS to be recreated in a vape. I love peanut butter and have been trying everything I can think of. No real keepers yet.

I'm about to make some new wick/coils and let them soak so I can show off at the vape meet tomorrow. Thinking it's time for a cheesecloth with for the Drunker! If it's a success I'll let you know. Hah, I'll probably let you know if it isn't!

I have used cheesecloth with the VNs.. it seems to work fine but the cotton is easier to work with (for myself) For my peanutbutter cookie.. I've got some FlavorArt cookie that I use (and LOVE) with Capella vanilla custard to make vanilla cookie.. so I'm going to mix the PB with the FA cookie and a touch of sweetner to start out. My mixing is not very precise.. a drop of this and a couple drops of that LOL I don't use much flavoring at all, I've found that for me, LESS is more.

I have some tastyfinger that while I love it, it's way too rich to vape regularly, plus cartos don't like it and it will kill a 901 atty in one day! (I know, I've killed many using this stuff! and when I say "kill" I mean it literally, the atty dies and won't work at all) but I love the chocolate PB combo. I may try to add a touch of chocolate to the PB and cookie and see what I come up with.

Edit: I don't steep..way too impatient for that LOL if it's not good the first day or two then I don't mess with it.

Last edited:

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Adeline, cheese cloth needs the coil wraps close together. Wrap the coil wraps side by side like they're touching (it wont short). Also cheese cloth does take longer to soak and expand (at least 3 hours).

coilwrap_zps42d7f7f9.jpg

Coil wraps side by side, less likely to burn wick and doesn't short.

I just got done cooking lemon squares from scratch with real lemons. I would love to make a lemon square e-juice recipe.

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
For everyones curiosity,

Double Ry4 Recipe

10% Double Ry4 (Wizard Labs)
25% 60mg/ml nic/vg= 15mg/ml
10% water
55% Vegetable Glycerin

Let steep for 4 weeks, and if you keep some for seed steeping for a future mix it can be vaped after 2 days and fully darkens at 7 days. .......

Thanks for posting/sending me this. I've already used part of the info to good advantage. Yesterday I used some vg (~12 mg nic) to "rescue" one of my 'backy mixes that was waaay to strong. It turned out good, but not great. Today I added 10% filtered water, and I was amazed at the result. It took my good mix to an excellent mix. In fact I'll be taking this to the club with me tonight.

My first time using water. I've seen water in recipes before, but I always thought it was just to make the vg wick better.

xMackx

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2012
Michigan
Thanks for posting/sending me this. I've already used part of the info to good advantage. Yesterday I used some vg (~12 mg nic) to "rescue" one of my 'backy mixes that was waaay to strong. It turned out good, but not great. Today I added 10% filtered water, and I was amazed at the result. It took my good mix to an excellent mix. In fact I'll be taking this to the club with me tonight.

My first time using water. I've seen water in recipes before, but I always thought it was just to make the vg wick better.

I always mix 10% water in my mixes, cleaner flavor and just feels healthier to me.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Adeline, cheese cloth needs the coil wraps close together. Wrap the coil wraps side by side like they're touching (it wont short). Also cheese cloth does take longer to soak and expand (at least 3 hours).

Coil wraps side by side, less likely to burn wick and doesn't short.

I just got done cooking lemon squares from scratch with real lemons. I would love to make a lemon square e-juice recipe.

I hope I got my coil tight enough. And I'm also glad I made a number of cotton ball wicks before I ventured to cheesecloth. Rolling the batting is so much more intuitive then figuring out which direction to cut the cheesecloth and then rolling it really thin.

Hopefully it'll wick well and produce plumes in my Drunker. I was amazed at how well it held the water after I boiled it and threw it in the dryer like you told me. I think it should wick very well! Oh yeah, stuffing the cheesecloth wick through the drunker holes.. Not as easy as the cotton ball wick.

It's all set up now. The wicks are soaking it in. I am going to leave it overnight and test it in the morning. The coil is a little higher ohm than ideal, but the ProVari can handle it. I just want to show this thing off properly at the vapemeet tomorrow.

I have high hopes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread