Introduction to ECF, my vaping history & more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lactone

Aug 10, 2016
Hello vapers!

I have been vaping for almost a year now, stinky stick free for 9 months. I have been rebuilding for about 7 months now, and have become very passionate about rebuilding and about vaping in general . I love all things vaping.

I started out with a Cool Fire IV , paired with a Nautilus Mini tank, vaping 15mg juice. A couple months later, I got an Innokin iSubG tank, my venture into sub ohm vaping. This tank was ok, but I wanted better flavor. I purchased a Kangertech Subtank Mini after reading nothing but rave reviews for it , and this is my go to tank even to this day...I stopped using stock coil heads and strictly use the RBA section now, mostly claptons . A few moths later , after putting my foot in the rebuilding door with the RBA, I picked up a wotofo Freakshow RDA from my local vape shop for only $10! COULD T BEAT THAT RIGHT?! This changed my world for vaping....a great little flavor atty, this thING is still in daily rotation for me . I had to pick up a highee wattage device so on same visit, i picked up the eLeaf iPower 80w mod, which is my all day banger even today, i LOVe the 5000 mah lipo battery....lasts me for literally 2 full days +. Lastly, a few weeks ago, I picked up the original 22 mm Avacado by Geekvape. This has quickly become my favorite atomizer, my go to , all day vape banger. RDA flavor with the capacity of a tank. Can't beat it. I rock it in single coil mostly , using the ceramic block , which provides stronger flavor than dual coil , uses less juice, and makes the device much easier to fill.

I build almost strictly Clapton coils, in the 0.3-0.4 range, at 50-75 Watts. My favorite build is a single staged heating coil parallel Clapton combo. A dual core 26g KA1 wrapped with 38g KA1 fused Clapton , paralleled with a 26g Ni80 claptoned with 38g KA1 Clapton. 5 wraps around a 2.5 mm bit, ohms out at 0.33. HUGE coil surface area, great vapor production, and the staged heating effect provides amazeballs flavor....give it a go guys and gals!

I vape on mostly cereal , yogurt, and creamy liquid. My favorite manufacturer is Kilo. I enjoy their entire line , with cereal milk being my favorite . Definitely check them out guys , they make amazing juice , and I have tried a LOT of various liquids.

I look forward to using this forum and getting to know some of you guys and gals!

Cheers!
BRIAN

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello vapers!

I have been vaping for almost a year now, stinky stick free for 9 months. I have been rebuilding for about 7 months now, and have become very passionate about rebuilding and about vaping in general . I love all things vaping.

I started out with a Cool Fire IV , paired with a Nautilus Mini tank, vaping 15mg juice. A couple months later, I got an Innokin iSubG tank, my venture into sub ohm vaping. This tank was ok, but I wanted better flavor. I purchased a Kangertech Subtank Mini after reading nothing but rave reviews for it , and this is my go to tank even to this day...I stopped using stock coil heads and strictly use the RBA section now, mostly claptons . A few moths later , after putting my foot in the rebuilding door with the RBA, I picked up a wotofo Freakshow RDA from my local vape shop for only $10! COULD T BEAT THAT RIGHT?! This changed my world for vaping....a great little flavor atty, this thING is still in daily rotation for me . I had to pick up a highee wattage device so on same visit, i picked up the eLeaf iPower 80w mod, which is my all day banger even today, i LOVe the 5000 mah lipo battery....lasts me for literally 2 full days +. Lastly, a few weeks ago, I picked up the original 22 mm Avacado by Geekvape. This has quickly become my favorite atomizer, my go to , all day vape banger. RDA flavor with the capacity of a tank. Can't beat it. I rock it in single coil mostly , using the ceramic block , which provides stronger flavor than dual coil , uses less juice, and makes the device much easier to fill.

I build almost strictly Clapton coils, in the 0.3-0.4 range, at 50-75 Watts. My favorite build is a single staged heating coil parallel Clapton combo. A dual core 26g KA1 wrapped with 38g KA1 fused Clapton , paralleled with a 26g Ni80 claptoned with 38g KA1 Clapton. 5 wraps around a 2.5 mm bit, ohms out at 0.33. HUGE coil surface area, great vapor production, and the staged heating effect provides amazeballs flavor....give it a go guys and gals!

I vape on mostly cereal , yogurt, and creamy liquid. My favorite manufacturer is Kilo. I enjoy their entire line , with cereal milk being my favorite . Definitely check them out guys , they make amazing juice , and I have tried a LOT of various liquids.

I look forward to using this forum and getting to know some of you guys and gals!

Cheers!
BRIAN

Welcome to the forum. Like others have said, you're well on your way. Consider yourself a "hobby vapist". There are those who vape to get off stinkies, those who are trying, those who vape, but don't tinker much, then there's us hobby vapists, who build our own coils and such.

Here's some of my suggested links.

For wire, I like to a sight called Lightning Vapes. They've always done me good and are based in the US

If you're on a budget and NOT in a rush, there are two places I'd recommend... Fasttech and Gearbest. They're both based in China, and have a huge selection at low prices. Just be prepared to wait a month to get the stuff.. two or three months for batteries.. this is because of customs. Just remember, if it says Authentic, then it is.. if not or says "styled", then it's a clone.

For premade juice, I'd recommend Mt. Baker Vapor as a good place for an every day vape. They have pretty low prices, and have been trustworthy and a good go-to spot. Of course, juice preferences vary by the person.. but it's a sight definately worth looking at.

Your next step might even include making your own juice. I'm now making my own juice for a fraction of the price, and I make it how *I* like it. I've used My Freedom Smokes as my source, but there are plenty others out there.

If you like drippers and tanks, you'll like the Griffin. It uses a velocity styled deck, and the Velocity was a dripper. The build deck is large enough to fit claptons in. It's made by the same people who made the Avacado. It's definately worth getting... here's a video about it.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Welcome to the forum Lactone.
Don't sell yourself short by wasting those great coil builds on commercial juices. Once you begin to dwell into making your own juice there is no looking back and your coils will thank you. Start DIY with simple flavor combos then expand your horizons from there. The KISS method works great with all aspects of vaping.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
a great little flavor atty, this thING is still in daily rotation for me . I had to pick up a highee wattage device so on same visit, i picked up the eLeaf iPower 80w mod, which is my all day banger even today, i LOVe the 5000 mah lipo battery.
Welcome and glad you joined. Sounds like you have your act together. Eleaf and RDA's here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread