Is it "bad" to pre-mix unflavored ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I make half liter base (PG/VG/Nic) that is 50/50 ahead of time. I prefer more PG as it carries the flavor better and, since my flavors are PG based, my final product is about 60/40 for PG. I also have the nic loaded about 1% higher, knowing that the flavor will dilute it. I think the flavors have to be rather exact, but the base...meh.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I make a lot of small bottles and like to mix on a whim so for that the premix is good. I don't use it for high flavoring or high nic juice which currently is one flavor. Otherwise I don't usually change the base mix to compensate for flavors anyway. More likely bump the PG up .5 ml for an extra low flavor tobacco juice.

jambi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2014
    SoCal
    I make 30ml batches at a time![emoji4]

Mostly, so do I, of flavored liquid. But I pre-mix VG/PG/NIC a liter at a time (2x 500 ml bottles), and use it to make those little 30 ml bottles. I like to make up 10 to 15 30 ml. batches at a time, and pre-mixing the base ingredients speeds up the process considerably. My base is 3 mg, I'm good with final results anywhere between 2 and 3 mg.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I am wondering if I should wait until I'm ready to add flavorings or if I can go ahead and mix some unflavored juice? Or is it better to always mix with fresh ingredients?

If your PG|VG Ratio isn't changing, and if you Nicotine Level isn't changing then Yeah, Pre-Mix is the way to Go.

What could be Easier than pouring Pre-Mix into a Bottle and the adding Flavoring?

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    The only thing BAD with DIY is not knowing what you are doing and making unsafe Nicotine levels or just nasty smelly socks e-Liquids and of course using something containing oils or flavors not meant for vaping. Otherwise whatever you are doing that works for you is the BEST!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Give it a try. To me, unflavored has become a flavor. It has practical benefits too. There's very little gunking of you wicks and coils, so they last a long time, and there's virtually no smell for non-vapers to complain about.

Also works Great to run Unflavored in a Squonk Bottle. And just put a Few Drops of flavored e-Liquid in the RDA.

And when you want to Change RDA's, no problem. Just swap RDA's and away you go.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Mostly, so do I, of flavored liquid. But I pre-mix VG/PG/NIC a liter at a time (2x 500 ml bottles), and use it to make those little 30 ml bottles. I like to make up 10 to 15 30 ml. batches at a time, and pre-mixing the base ingredients speeds up the process considerably. My base is 3 mg, I'm good with final results anywhere between 2 and 3 mg.
    Me three!!! Last batch I made a 4mg premix base instead of 3mg just to see if there was any notice-able difference in taste, etc. after adding my flavors, or if I started getting too much nic. None that I noticed. And if needed, there is a little wiggle room to add a little pg/vg if I wanted. Close enough for me.
    Now, if I was mixing up 250 ml batches(which
    I have done and am still using), I would start from the beginning and use all 'fresh' ingredients.
    :)

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Like Shawn said, you won't have an exact nic %.
    I mix the base to 7mg.
    With 15% flavor it's around 6mg

I do exactly the same. I mix up 250ml ar a time of 7 or 8mg. If I eventually add 10 or 15%...close enough. I even know what my unflavored base weighs. It makes calculation easy. I don't even need to use a recipe calculator.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    The only plastic bottles I use are from commercial e-Liquids and all my DIY is stored in glass. Not real reason except I prefer glass and the higher end e-Liquids all come in glass.
    Glass is impermeable to oxygen and about as inert a material as you can find.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    Glass is impermeable to oxygen and about as inert a material as you can find.

Yeah, I know this but I just like glass is all. Sure I could give a multitude of reasons for using it but my personal preference does not leave room for debate.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Amber Glass bottles are OK.
    But Cobalt Blue is the King!
    Yeah, but it tends to be somewhat more expensive.

Also, I content that if you store your stuff in a dark place such as a freezer, refrigerator, or even a closed cupboard, the color of the glass makes no difference at all because there's no light for it to filter. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah, but it tends to be somewhat more expensive.

Also, I content that if you store your stuff in a dark place such as a freezer, refrigerator, or even a closed cupboard, the color of the glass makes no difference at all because there's no light for it to filter. :)

Ah No...

Cobalt Blue Glass infuses Nicotine Base with all things Happy and Good. And Not Absorbing 425 ~ 475nm Wavelengths can't hurt Either.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Ah No...

Cobalt Blue Glass infuses Nicotine Base with all things Happy and Good. And Not Absorbing 425 ~ 475nm Wavelengths can't hurt Either.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

I'm tell'n ya...

On the zoiDic Happiness Scale (zHS) from 1 ~ 17, 1 being the Lowest and 17 being the Highest, my Cobalt Blue stored e-Liquids are 2 ~ 3 points Happier than my e-Liquids stored in Amber Bottles.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I'm tell'n ya...

On the zoiDic Happiness Scale (zHS) from 1 ~ 17, 1 being the Lowest and 17 being the Highest, my Cobalt Blue stored e-Liquids are 2 ~ 3 points Happier than my e-Liquids stored in Amber Bottles.
    Shame on me. Years have gone by and I never recognized the source of my own happiness.

PB6ZyHk.jpg

That's unflavored pre-mix, about a year old. 35pg /65vg/15nic

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Shame on me. Years have gone by and I never recognized the source of my own happiness.

PB6ZyHk.jpg

That's unflavored pre-mix, about a year old. 35pg /65vg/15nic

Now That's What I'm Talk'n Bout.

Happy Nicotine Base surrounded by some Quality Mods.

:thumb:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread