Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
First off, huge apologies for misquoting the actual battery discharge in my first post. I said it drained to "4 something," but I meant to say 2 something. (Oh, my poor brain). Folks were probably wondering what I was complaining about.... haha

Another big thank you to Steak Stack for the suggestion above. I did just that. I put in a fresh battery (4.2), left it in overnight, pulled it out and it metered at 3.5. (No hissing from the atomizer and it was cool to the touch).

THEN it got even more interesting. I put the battery back in and noticed that the spring was turning red. Pulled hot battery and allowed the spring to cool.

Yes, these batteries are about to be switched out for new ones that are about to arrive but the 3 that I have used (1 total discharge, another to 2. something, and the one I just spoke of) are the same ones I have been using with fine results in my Mini 2.1.
(3 mls = drop to 3.8).

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you for hanging in there with me.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
First off, huge apologies for misquoting the actual battery discharge in my first post. I said it drained to "4 something," but I meant to say 2 something. (Oh, my poor brain). Folks were probably wondering what I was complaining about.... haha

Another big thank you to Steak Stack for the suggestion above. I did just that. I put in a fresh battery (4.2), left it in overnight, pulled it out and it metered at 3.5. (No hissing from the atomizer and it was cool to the touch).

THEN it got even more interesting. I put the battery back in and noticed that the spring was turning red. Pulled hot battery and allowed the spring to cool.

Yes, these batteries are about to be switched out for new ones that are about to arrive but the 3 that I have used (1 total discharge, another to 2. something, and the one I just spoke of) are the same ones I have been using with fine results in my Mini 2.1.
(3 mls = drop to 3.8).

Any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you for hanging in there with me.

I had an older Woodvil drop a spring. The RM2 was metering fine. NO loose screws or posts.
Didn't know what caused it to happen. Sent it to Robert. He really is the best one to find and fix a problem.

Your spring is now compromised. You need a new one.

Reactions: Robinowitz

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Thanks Nerak. Seems like sound advice. I guess I always figured a dropped spring would no longer hold a battery in place( as in more compressed) but I'm always learning.

You are right that a total collapsed will not hold the battery up. But the fact that it was glowing means you caught it just before it collapsed. That metal might not react if it is hit with high voltage again and it could be disaster for your battery and your REO.

Reactions: Robinowitz

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Send it to Rob he can fix it

Please put
a note with your email address and a brief description of the problem . Also
empty any e juice in the mod and remove the bottle . It helps to put a tissue or napkin around the tube . Please clean the mod if its a mechanical mod flush the mod with hot water and soap . I will send a invoice once the mod is repaired thank you

Reosmods LLC
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred Maine 04002

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Thanks all! Will send her in to Rob and yes, the batteries are recycled.

Am wondering if I should consider getting newer contacts (if this is even an option) while she's visiting Rob?

I had both of mine I sent set up with the new contacts and a 510 rebuild. You could also get the new 510 and a LP catch cup if you want.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I had both of mine I sent set up with the new contacts and a 510 rebuild. You could also get the new 510 and a LP catch cup if you want.
I've been using it (happily) w a bronze non-lp RM2 & have no plans on changing that. Should I just go w new contacts? (Want to make sure I understand). Thank you!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Only if your into really low ohm vaping

Got her all cleaned up, inserted a note and she's ready to make the journey.
Since I don't have an interest in sub-ohming and she already hits like a beast, I think I'll pass on getting new contacts (if I understood that correctly).

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread