Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Hey guys,

sorry for the lack of updates, but as the rest of world ive got caught by the flu too =/

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that we are now testing this internally - and its still working! (Ethan can vouch for this =)

However, remember that this is not something we will make within the next week - if we do this, we have to do it right, but i will keep you informed! ;)

Screw that! We want it NOW, mister! :evil:

Or as soon as you can, anyway. :D

Hope you're feeling better.

The_janty_Misfit

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
New York City
Amazing cartridge, I'm fascinated. Makes me wonder how you did it.

I hope you put it into production so I can buy a dozen, take them apart to see how they work, and sit back with a contented sigh in the moment that I get it.

Thanks for the video.

PS: uhm, I don't remember your having mentioned this but, if you *were* to make it, what kind of time frame are we talking about for general availability?

ESmoking1979

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
his design needs you to 1) get a lazer hole drilled in the atomizer you want to use

Correct.

2) it has the liquid in a metal "belt" which only fits his GG.

Incorrect. The metal "belt" wraps around only the atty, which will fit on any 901 battery or any 901 battery mod. It just requires the special lazered 901 atties. However, due to the bulkiness of Imeo's AFS system, it would look odd on a thin battery or thin battery mod. But he is working on a "Slim" version as we speak.

Mine fits all and uses standard atomizers :D

I understand that you say this will accommodate any standard atomizer, which is ingenious. I love my 801 atties, and Imeo's AFS currently accommodates only modified 901 atties. But I'm sure Imeo will be working on 801 and 510 versions sometime in the near future. I think he may be 50% Greek and 50% vampire because he's a work-horse who never sleeps and dreams up new ideas when he dozes off for an hour or two. :)

The big question is, will you be able to design your Janty auto-dripping system to fit any standard battery or battery mod? I'd pay any price if you could do this, as I'm sure (m)any of us would. :)

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey guys,

As im feeling alot better here is a round of answers for you marked in bold below!

Amazing cartridge, I'm fascinated. Makes me wonder how you did it.

I hope you put it into production so I can buy a dozen, take them apart to see how they work, and sit back with a contented sigh in the moment that I get it.

Hehe, well you will be able to figure it out once you see it, and then you will probably slap yourself ;)

PS: uhm, I don't remember your having mentioned this but, if you *were* to make it, what kind of time frame are we talking about for general availability?

We dont know yet - we are entering some very busy last months of this year so we will have to develop as good as we can, on the side, seeing as we have new products coming out etc. I will update when i know more!

Incorrect. The metal "belt" wraps around only the atty, which will fit on any 901 battery or any 901 battery mod. It just requires the special lazered 901 atties. However, due to the bulkiness of Imeo's AFS system, it would look odd on a thin battery or thin battery mod. But he is working on a "Slim" version as we speak.

Ah thats true. However, let me make it clear im not trying to bash Imeo or anyone elses attempt at doing a new liquid system - to be honest i dont care who gets it right first, as long as someone does. This is an invention we all need!

The big question is, will you be able to design your Janty auto-dripping system to fit any standard battery or battery mod? I'd pay any price if you could do this, as I'm sure (m)any of us would.

It does fit everything right now - and it works so far

nice work.. and nice headset... you a gamer? or is there no mic? i cant tell...

Actually im a bit of everything i guess. The headset is my prefered studio headset - i make and produce alot of music, but i used to play some semi-pro CS back in the day ;)

Spindel på BandBase - you can check out an older project i made here if you want to hear. Also the videos i put up always only contain music i made myself ( to avoid copyright stuff ) so.. i almost live in my headset when im working, - and when im not working i also have them on, as i make music...

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I totally agree that this type of system is a much needed thing for vaping. Anyone can make a battery holder but the juice delivery has not been touched yet....

Now I was one of the lucky 15 to get the AFS from imeo.... I WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL. but you need the extra hole in the atty. I would be interested in seeing how THIS really works inside and out. I enjoy not having to do all the dripping anymore. I can tell you from my experience that an auto feed system really does change the taste of your juice. You are not letting it sit in the atty and burn as you hit it ten times between drips> When you have a constant flow of the right amount of juice to the atty there is no explaining how good the flavor is.

I would really like to see this type of thing designed to just slide onto all of the existing atomizers made to day. Because carrying around a little bottle of juice and dripping 120 times a day is really annoying and the current design of the cart system really is no good at all. It is a sponge that holds onto most of the liquid. ANd all of the cart mods do improve it just a little compared to a real juice delivery system like this...

So WAY TO GO JANTY>>>> finally the juice system is being redesigned... much needed improvements on the way.... But I really do feel that this type of system NEEDS TO BE ON THE FRONT BURNER>>> Develop this first and then worry about your other battery holders.

Last edited:

ESmoking1979

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009

Ah thats true. However, let me make it clear im not trying to bash Imeo or anyone elses attempt at doing a new liquid system - to be honest i dont care who gets it right first, as long as someone does. This is an invention we all need!

No sir, I know you were not bashing Imeo. There's no reason to. The man is as good as gold. However, I am pleased by your attitude about just getting a product like this on the market, no matter who gets at it first. I went over to the AFS forum and told everyone about this product, not to advertise for you, not to hurt Imeo, ONLY to help the INDUSTRY. This is a much needed device. And it won't be long before someone comes out with the ultimate dripper. After reading my post in Imeo's forum, I felt that perhaps I may have done a little too much advertising for your product. And I get the feeling that others may feel that way too. Please everyone, understand that I am only trying to help everyone, NOT hurt ANYONE. I didn't realize when I posted in the AFS forum that you vendors pay for these forums. Now I'm like, oops, duh. If anyone feels I should remove my posts from Imeo's AFS forum, please let me know and I will do it while I still have the chance to edit. My apologies Imeo, I did not have any harmful intentions. I was only trying to help everyone, including you, with new ideas. If we put our heads together, we'll be unstoppable. If everyone's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking. :)

It does fit everything right now - and it works so far

Now that's what I'm talking about! :D

-ESmoking

Last edited:

ESmoking1979

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
I would really like to see this type of thing designed to just slide onto all of the existing atomizers made to day.

Yes Vapn, this is the reason I mentioned this device on Imeo's forum. Because somebody needs to make this device versatile enough to be used with any battery and any atomizer. And if anyone can, it will be someone like Imeo or this Janty guy Mik that I'm meeting for the first time. Nice to meet you sir!

-ESmoking

ESmoking1979

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
At the moment, I'm trying to come up with my own auto dripper rigged out of aluminum foil. What I did last night after reading this forum was I took a piece of aluminum foil and wrapped it around a thin pen. Then I pulled the foil off of the pen and I cut the foil just the right size to fit in my 801 atty. I popped a tiny hole at the end of the foil to allow drippage. I tried this several times, a few attempts worked, but I kept flooding the atty. I guess the hole was too big. Then I stuffed the foil with a piece of paper towel and refilled it. This allowed it to drip a little slower. When I needed drippage, I just blew through the atty and liquid would come out through the hole in the foil. But then I flooded my atty again. I'll keep working on this idea and let you know how it goes. The drawback is obviously that you cannot be very mobile with it. A piece of foil filled with liquid will obviously spill if you lean your device horizontally. This idea will only work with a device that sits on your desk vertically, if it can really even work at all. I'll keep testing it.

Last edited:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
At the moment, I'm trying to come up with my own auto dripper rigged out of aluminum foil. What I did last night after reading this forum was I took a piece of aluminum foil and wrapped it around a thin pen. Then I pulled the foil off of the pen and I cut the foil just the right size to fit in my 801 atty. I popped a tiny hole at the end of the foil to allow drippage. I tried this several times, a few attempts worked, but I kept flooding the atty. I guess the hole was too big. Then I stuffed the foil with a piece of paper towel and refilled it. This allowed it to drip a little slower. When I needed drippage, I just blew through the atty and it would come out. But then I flooded my atty again. I'll keep working on this idea and let you know how it goes. The drawback is obviously that you cannot be very mobile with it. A piece of foil filled with liquid will obviously spill if you lean your device horizontally. This idea will only work with a device that sits on your desk vertically, if it can really even work at all. I'll keep testing it.

Hey

First off let me say that i have nothing but respect for Imeo - i have bought one of his GG's when they first come out, and i still treasure it - i dont use it anymore, but thats due to it simply being too large for my taste - the engineering behind it still remains beautiful.

As for your post on his forum, its simple: ask Imeo. if he dislikes it, remove it - its his forum, and you should respect his wishes!

As for your idea, this sounds very similar to the e-cigar and disposable cigarettes - - and this technology "almost" works, but not enough. There are several problems with it, many of which im sure you will encounter yourself - but keep on trying, only then will you succeed!

As for my design, i cant, and will not discuss any of it yet for obvious reasons!

=)

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
the burning cartomizers that are so happily used in the USA.
they had no success in germany for the reason, that they tend to burn the wick, and people are warned to use them. imo these could hurt the e.cigs more than saying "smoke" instead of "Vape" ;)
too bad a similar system i see inside the tawa minicigar.

the only cartos that not burn and work very well, are a bit expensive. interestingly those were not copied until now. i use their cigar cartomizers currently, from time to time on a 18650 mod. imagine puffing away a whole day without doing anything to your, ok very big, e-cig :)
sorry for the offtopic, but thats how it goes if we are kept waiting ;)

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
the burning cartomizers that are so happily used in the USA.
they had no success in germany for the reason, that they tend to burn the wick, and people are warned to use them. imo these could hurt the e.cigs more than saying "smoke" instead of "Vape" ;)
too bad a similar system i see inside the tawa minicigar.

the only cartos that not burn and work very well, are a bit expensive. interestingly those were not copied until now. i use their cigar cartomizers currently, from time to time on a 18650 mod. imagine puffing away a whole day without doing anything to your, ok very big, e-cig :)
sorry for the offtopic, but thats how it goes if we are kept waiting ;)

Hehe Kel, i agree - that could hurt more than saying smoke ;)

Which cartos are you talking about - can you pm me a link? Im always curious to see new stuff ;)

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Yes Vapn, this is the reason I mentioned this device on Imeo's forum. Because somebody needs to make this device versatile enough to be used with any battery and any atomizer. And if anyone can, it will be someone like Imeo or this Janty guy Mik that I'm meeting for the first time. Nice to meet you sir!

-ESmoking

Hopefully some one will do it:(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread