Johnson Creek Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
JC Domestic is the closest thing i have to an all-day vape. I couldn't stand it when I first tried it, but it kind of snuck up on me. Tennessee Cured is pretty good to.

I'd try Vanda but you guys are scaring me about how thick it is - lol.

I did call JC and ASKED what was the closest to the flavor they make for BLU called Classic tobacco- since that is the only one I have tried and I thought it was perfect- and THEY said their JC domestic. So that one sounds worth a try.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I don't get VG hack with JC like I did with other vendors all VG. It seems when I have had other they don't thin it enough or something. I have never come across any others VG liquids that actually have flavor from beginning to end of bottle. I haven't had any side effects from JC but cannot vape Blu's peach but can the one from JC website. I think the alcohol in Blu's gives me a bad headache. The Red Oak Tennessee Cured is too sweet for me. I did like the pg line TC though but the pg burns my mouth too much anymore so I have cut out pg liquids but for pg these are not too dry tasting. I haven't tried the Vanda yet and am really looking forward to the Merango I used to love the Simply Strawberry. It broke my heart when they got rid of it that's the reason I began trying other vendors then right back to JC I went. I really hated that background flavoring but the longer I used it the more I loved it. The only other side effect I can think of is when I pee it smells like JC. That scent gets in everything so be prepared if vaping their stuff a lot. The hubby or wife might start complaining. My kids think it all smells like coffee or vanilla.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I buy juices from all over, but Johnson Creek is what I started with. I've had good experience with all of their Red Oak line (100% VG). Was off them for awhile before the Protank came along, I just couldn't get them to flow through a carto tank for very long. Problem solved, and lots of their flavors are good all-day vapes for me. Especially Tennessee Cured, Swiss Dark and Vanda. Vanda is pretty thick, but once you try it, it may be worth it. Think 'vanilla cupcake.' They're on the pricy side I think at $20 for 30ml.

Had to call them once having a bottle arrive broken via USPS. Customer service is top rate. Very friendly and got a replacement bottle out to me right away at no charge.

Last edited:

Relayer1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
Saint Robert, MO
i personally did not like any of the johnson creek flavors.. they all tasted too harsh and "burnt" to me.. i ended up giving away the sample packs i bought

That's how I felt about their entire Red Oak line. That and the VG killed my cartos like whoa. It was just too viscous, which only added to the disappointment in the flavors. Their main PG line is decent, but their variety is somewhat limited in my opinion. I prefer a company with like six different kinds of mint/menthol. :2c:

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I tried JC and did not care for it at all. I got three of their Red Oak flavors (I can't remember the exact names, but they were island, strawberry, and cherry). I couldn't vape any of them. I probably got the nic too high (24 mg), but I had been vaping 24 mg levels from other vendors with no issues. Nicotine can have a very peppery taste to it, and their 24 mg juices made my tongue feel like it was on fire.

They do have a full refund policy (they even cover return shipping), so give them a try, and if you hate it, send it back like I did.

mirrorim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Rochester, NY
www.facebook.com
I've only tried Tennessee Cured from the JC line, but it has been my favorite vape hands down over everything I've bought or sampled. I have a hard time keeping a bottle. I get it from my local B&M, works out to be $1.40 cheaper, but they seem to have as hard a time keeping it in stock as I do. Haven't tried anything from the Red Oak line, or any VG only liquids for that matter.

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
Thank you everyone for the input- just got the VEA starter kit in today's mail. I want zero nicotine but to try a few flavors, I went with the 5 ml sample bottles and they are all 1.8 nicotine. So... I was VERY cautious and did just 3 puffs of dark swiss- I expected to taste chocolate and caramel and vanilla but it just tasted burnt to me. I know I filled the cartridge correctly with 1 full ml of juice and i had charged the battery fully. So I will give it a few more tries. I see that some people are posting that they too found the JC taste to be "a bit harsh and burnt". I guess, if they are good at taking things back I could have gone with the 15ml bottles and gone with zero nicotine. Do they take back open bottles (of 15ml) if it does not work for you? Thanks

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
I started with JC and being so new, I thought they were all that. I still enjoy their Vanda flavor, but I have since branched out to other companies who still offer VG based liquids, but have more options and better flavors IMO. Vanda is a nice, smooth vanilla I keep around the house, but their other VG based flavors arent for me. The Ranier is pretty decent also, but the others they offer arent all that great. Ive since moved to MtBakerVapor and have been ordering up their entire catalog. Way cheaper, more variety, and the customer service is 2nd to none.

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
Thank you everyone for the input- just got the VEA starter kit in today's mail. I want zero nicotine but to try a few flavors, I went with the 5 ml sample bottles and they are all 1.8 nicotine. So... I was VERY cautious and did just 3 puffs of dark swiss- I expected to taste chocolate and caramel and vanilla but it just tasted burnt to me. I know I filled the cartridge correctly with 1 full ml of juice and i had charged the battery fully. So I will give it a few more tries. I see that some people are posting that they too found the JC taste to be "a bit harsh and burnt". I guess, if they are good at taking things back I could have gone with the 15ml bottles and gone with zero nicotine. Do they take back open bottles (of 15ml) if it does not work for you? Thanks

Also, if you order JC's red oak line, the VG is THICK and can make it taste burnt unless you thin it out with a drop or 2 of distilled water. I do this with most thicker juices and rarely get a burnt taste anymore. If I do, then more water, but dont overdo it or it wont vape and you have to toss it out and refill the tank all over again. Start with 1 drop, then add as you need to. No more than 3 drops or it floods.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
Thank you everyone for the input- just got the VEA starter kit in today's mail. Thanks

I had the Vea before tanking the plunge and getting a Provari and tanks. I really liked the vapor production from the Vea and the cartomizers are super easy to fill. I will tell you that all of JC's juices will taste burnt in cartos after awhile, which is why I'm enjoying them all over again in tanks. Much better. If you like the style of flavors JC offers, I would encourage you to also check out Mt. Baker Vapor like others have said, and also Alice in Vapeland.

Lucky1127

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Birmingham, Al, USA
Vea is a good battery you are restricted to the 510 head and other cartos rarely work with them without some adjustments the pure vg will clog up the cartos but when it's good it's good. Johnson creek has tons of options Tennessee cured was good tobacco with a vanilla undertone Wisconsin frost also good a mild minty menthol but Tundra was by far the best I had from them an totally overwhelming menthol that leaves a chill in the back of your throat but as any new vapor will tell you there are too many options and vendors out there and you will move on and when you come back to Johnson Creek it will not have the same flare it once did. Gingers Ejuice, Alien Visions, and highbrow vapors are just some of my favs!

Confusednoobie

Jun 9, 2013
NM
i personally did not like any of the johnson creek flavors.. they all tasted too harsh and "burnt" to me.. i ended up giving away the sample packs i bought
I just got my VEA kit and tried the Swiss dark thinking I would just love it- but I really can not taste any chocolate nor caramel nor vanilla- it just tastes burnt and smoky. So the next day, with trepidation, I tried the Tundra and that one has a lot of flavor and nice smell and taste. Oddly, The Swiss Dark is just a 2 for tobacco flavor and the Tundra is a 6 based on their little gauges- but the Swiss Dark tasted more like (burnt) tobacco to me.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Johnson's quality control procedures are tight. They use that as a selling point. Order different bottles of the same flavor from different lots and they will taste exactly the same, every single time. I bet it's that kind of QC that landed them the Blu account.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I've been wondering about JC as well. The opinions seem to be all over the map, with many people swearing by their juice and many others hating it. If the juice in the Blu Cigs is any indication, and it's supposed to be from them, their flavors strike me as rather mild. Of course, I've only vaped their juice in the Blu as I said, so I don't know.

But I'd hate to waste my time and money, return policy or not, until I find out as much as I can.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
I just got my VEA kit and tried the Swiss dark thinking I would just love it- but I really can not taste any chocolate nor caramel nor vanilla- it just tastes burnt and smoky. So the next day, with trepidation, I tried the Tundra and that one has a lot of flavor and nice smell and taste. Oddly, The Swiss Dark is just a 2 for tobacco flavor and the Tundra is a 6 based on their little gauges- but the Swiss Dark tasted more like (burnt) tobacco to me.

Hmm, I love the Swiss Dark and vape it a lot. To me it tastes like a chocolate waffle cookie or something. I'm wondering if you didn't burn the core of the carto by accident. I would give it another whirl, this time dripping into the carto until a spot of juice starts to come out the contact end. Then just lightly blow it out before connecting it to the Vea. I always ordered blank cartos from them and filled them myself. The pre-filled cartos I got weren't filled very much and burned up quick.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
IMO, JC is way overrated and extremely overpriced at $11 for a small 15 mL...I believe Mt baker vapor.com (MBV) Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, USA made E Juice, and Accessories is a much better flavor and for the same $11, I can buy 50 ML...and MBV also throws in a free 15ML sample of another flavor most all the time..and a 10% discount is also provided on every order with vaporfrombaker coupon code ..and free shipping is provided as well for orders of $50..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread