Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I hope mods let this stay here because it is easy to find for beginners and this is a starter kit. A lot of threads about the .6 coils burning up instantly.

I have been testing the .6 coils extensively. You prime the coil with six or seven drops and it just falls to the bottom of the coil through the inside of the tightly wound coil. I have left them sitting in the tank with juice for an hour and still dry hits. Take a small screw driver ( I used a little blue screw driver that comes with tanks) that fits in the chimney hole of the coil and pop it out. Don't put the screw driver in to far or you can destroy the coil underneath. The top cap with the clear rubber on top will pop out easy. The coil will be dry as a bone on top. Soak the wick from the top where you poped off the chimney and leave the top cap off, and screw it on tank cap and drop it in the tank and no more burnt hits. Next I am going to drop a coil in the juice and let it soak then stand it upside down to drain and then test. The wicking material is very hard and juice is not wicking to the top when dry. Hope this helps. More to come.

I am going to remove them from all my different Cubis coils as well because they are the very same. Flaw design and that why the .5 are the only coils they make that are not burning up. .5 coils do not have that chimney piece in them as they have a screen and you can prime the coil properly.

CHEERS!

Last edited:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Will be watching this thread. I have been using the 1.5 coils without incident but still can't "chain vape" it. I find that instead of primer puffs I can tip it upside down a couple times that seem to force the juice in the holes and then toke again. I may try your suggestion on the .6 coils, but wouldn't there be a lot of spit back?

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Decided to put the chimney piece back in and see if it would wick ok. Noticed I lost a ton of airflow so I took it back out. Lights are blinking different now( on and off a few more times) after about six hours of vaping. Not hitting near as hard as it was a few hours ago. I am going to vape till it dies. Do notice a little liquid taste in my mouth on occasion without the chimney. Never noticed it once with the .5 coils which worked perfect. CHEERS!

Last edited:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
I don't understand why they would have a screen for the .5 coils, but not the .6... no wonder they burn out so fast. I can understand the 1.5 and even 1.1 coils not having the screen. I have a couple of .6 coils that came with the second device I ordered so will be removing that top piece for sure. I was considering getting the Cubis tank, but those coils just need to be a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread