Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I looked around and couldn't find much info on this product. Its joyetech's newest mod, most people probably wouldn't have much interest in this but it appeals to someone like me. Basically, its a small 'mech' like mod and you can't really change the voltage or anything but you can use it with one of their 1 ohm or .5 ohm coils for sub-ohm like vape. There's a 2200 mah version and a 1100 mah one that is smaller. Its not on joyetech's site for some reason but they have advertised it on their facebook page and I've found a few places that have pre-orders for it.

HTB1pLxbHXXXXXcnXFXXq6xXFXXXk.jpg

joyetech-ego-one-c01.jpg

I like the size and look of it, I guess my only gripe would be having to buy those coils constantly. But maybe they will do another RBA base option like they did on the eGrip. But then you might ask, why not just buy a mech mod or rebuild on a different mod? Well.. that is definitely a viable option, but I guess the appeal to me is the small size and not having to worry about the 'dangers' or worries of mech mods, micro USB charging (always a plus in my opinion), and just the simplicity for those people who don't like rebuilding. I suppose you could get one of those new sub-ohm tanks like the Atlantis and put it on a mod, but the main appeal for me is the very small size and form factor. I've always preferred the look of tube mods more but didn't want a huge bulky mod. Thoughts?

Reactions: nancybout

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I find the joyetech coils to be head and shoulders in terms of longevity than many other brands. So it doesn't bother me to buy them.

For me, this device is still too big. :)

I worry that those of us who like small vapes that don't seem to "do it" for the power vapers out there are going to be left with nothing to vape on. I really like small, pen like devices myself, and have no interest in sub-ohm vaping.

I think it's a nice size and pretty mod for those who already vape and can add this to their arsenal. And Joyetech warranty and quality will be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: four2109

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
VapeNW has the 1100mah kit available for pre-order at the price of $44.99.

Kit includes the whole unit (including tank and battery), 2 BVC coils in 1.0 ohm and 0.5 ohm, USB cable, and two drip tips, one steel, one plastic.

What I'd like to know is how much a pack of coils cost and how well they function, battery life, and if there are any other options for toppers? Maybe some 19mm RBA that will look flush with it?

level0five

Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
VapeNW has the 1100mah kit available for pre-order at the price of $44.99.

Kit includes the whole unit (including tank and battery), 2 BVC coils in 1.0 ohm and 0.5 ohm, USB cable, and two drip tips, one steel, one plastic.

What I'd like to know is how much a pack of coils cost and how well they function, battery life, and if there are any other options for toppers? Maybe some 19mm RBA that will look flush with it?

The coil 5-pack is $14.95 @ VapeNW. Can't find any info on the diameter to confirm it will fit flush w/ the eGo ONE but Joyetech's about to release the Delta 2 which has an RBA option like the eGrip.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Wouldnt this be like a twist with a different form factor?
I havent paid attention to them, but arent there the bigger twist batteries at that rating?

Looks like a good mod for times when there is a high chance of damaging a better mod. You know, yard work, out on the lake, and so on.

Redacted

While there may be normal ego batteries with a higher capacity, they don't come anywhere close to the amperage the ego One can push. With the .5 ohm head it's dealing with around 8 amps, while the twists have a limit of 3 amps. Basically it's more of a shrunken down subohm rta/mech setup than an oversized ego battery, AFAIK there hasn't been anything this small that can put out the power of the One.

I'm really excited about this little guy, I'm going to order one from eciggity on Thursday, Joye seems to be steeping up it's game with this and the Delta II! Now I'm trying to think back to what rebuildables are 19mm, as I know I've seen some in the past but never could think of a mod to put em on. Or hoping a RBA head comes out for it.

Astron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Washington
I've handled both of these mods and not only do they look fantastic but they feel really solid. I'd probably have bought one already but for two concerns (one already mentioned on this thread):

1) learning/dealing with a new brand of coils. I've gotten used to how BVC and Aerotank coils work and what to expect from them, performance, longevity, etc. I don't want to fall in love with the idea of this device just to go through troubles and disappointment with the coils.

2) the same thing I feel about the Aspire CF Sub/Mod I think applies to the One, as well, and that is I don't like the idea of having to gauge where my battery life is by performance of the vape itself. I'm spoiled to regulated box mods and knowing exactly where I stand by way of battery life.

If I could get more insight as to what to expect by way of those two concerns, I might have to pick one of these devices up.

iaTa

Dec 30, 2014
Barbados
2) the same thing I feel about the Aspire CF Sub/Mod I think applies to the One, as well, and that is I don't like the idea of having to gauge where my battery life is by performance of the vape itself. I'm spoiled to regulated box mods and knowing exactly where I stand by way of battery life.

Well the One has you covered here as the battery light flashes slowly when it's around 59%, faster when at 29% and very fast when it's down to 9%.

battery.gif

I think I might pick one up myself, looks like a very neat device.

Last edited:

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Let us know how it is if anyone of you get it. I recently picked up an iStick 30 so I can't quite justify spending more money on this for the time being but I think it would be my next purchase once my budget is in check again. I do like the form factor but I'm still iffy about the coils. I'm sure they perform well but... I dunno. I'm not completely opposed to buying coils, however I'd like to see other options. I haven't looked into the device recently but.. I suppose the power is set at a steady 4.2 volts and doesn't go down, it just runs out of battery? Or does it work like a mech mod in which it's power gets weaker as the battery dies?

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Let us know how it is if anyone of you get it. I recently picked up an iStick 30 so I can't quite justify spending more money on this for the time being but I think it would be my next purchase once my budget is in check again. I do like the form factor but I'm still iffy about the coils. I'm sure they perform well but... I dunno. I'm not completely opposed to buying coils, however I'd like to see other options. I haven't looked into the device recently but.. I suppose the power is set at a steady 4.2 volts and doesn't go down, it just runs out of battery? Or does it work like a mech mod in which it's power gets weaker as the battery dies?

I could have sworn I heard there was supposed to be a wee tiny RBA deck available for the One, but it turns out it's for the eGrip.

And yeah, it's a protected mech mod, volts drop as it runs lower on battery. But you can bet Joyetech tuned both available coils to fire pretty good within the full range of a battery charge.

Last edited:

enc0re

Oct 5, 2014
I got mine in the mail today. Big battery and big tank.

I prefer my APVs to be as skinny and overall small as possible, with lots of battery. Up until now I was using an iClck 1280, an iTaste VV before that. Both of those I ran with a Kanger ProTank 3 Mini. Mother's Milk from Suicide Bunny is my everyday vape.

First impressions: the build quality is excellent. It's a solid looking and feeling device. It is shorter but fatter than my iClck/Protank. This was expected.

The package is also premium and attractive. The tank came with the 1.0 Ohm atomizer preloaded, an additional 0.5 Ohm is in the box. I decided to use 1.0 for now because of the whistling sound of the 0.5 in the review video. The 1.0 atomizer was not attached right to the air regulator. When I unscrewed that part, the atomizer stayed stuck in the tank. I used neednose pliers to get it out.

Overall, I have to say that it tastes more or less exactly like the ProTank. I was expecting more on that front. My biggest hope is that the atomizers will last longer. I typically get less than a week out of a ProTank atomizer (3.8V, 1.5Ohm, ~3mL/day). My absolute favorite juice is a dark Belgian Waffle juice from a local vape shop that would burn out the Kangers in about two days. It would be awesome if I could go back to that.

It does however hit harder. I may step down from 1.2% to 0.6% as a consequence.

That's all I have to report for now. Let me know if you have questions.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
If anyone is looking for an atty that will closely fit the One battery but with RBA capabilities evidently Kanger has released the Subtank Nano, according to Sun vapers it's 18mm in diamter (to the One's 19mm) but Kanger listed it as 18.5mm, either way it should leave only a tiny change in diameter while sitting on top of the eGo One.

Kanger SubTank Nano, Mini and 25mm - Sun-Vapers.com

Pre-order/waitlist only right now though.

I just ordered my eGo One (2200mah) and got express shipping so assuming it ships out tomorrow I should have it by Saturday, I'll be sure to post up my impressions here!

EDIT: Well, looks like the RBA head only works in the subtank mini, but not the nano. Bummer.

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
You know what? I find it easier to rebuild the non-RBA Subtank coils than the RBA deck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Well aint that funny! Have you been getting any off-flavors with the subtank like some people have mentioned? Hopefully the ego One's heads will be similarly simple to rebuild, unfortunately my order didn't come today so I can't find out. Tracking says Sunday delivery so I'm crossing my fingers!

I'm really really surprised at the apparent lack of interest in the eGo one, everyone seems obsessed with the atlantis but this is basically the same thing in a smaller package, which people tend to like as well (judging by the popularity of the istick)

I don't really care what vape gear others are interested in, but the less popular it is the less likely we'll see any sort of aftermarket parts or accessories from Joye so I'm hoping once it's out for awhile it's popularity will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread