Status
Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I got my tank today. Wasn't expecting it that soon since I ordered Tuesday evening.

Unscrewed the base and the coil head stayed in the tank. Tried to pull it out and the positive pin came out. After watching a rebuilding video, I figured out how to put it back together.

Filled it with Strawbana from MBV and let it sit for about 5 min.

I gotta say it's a very good vape. Plenty of flavor and good vapor. So far I'm glad I bought it. Time will tell if it will stay that way.

Cons:
The tank is tiny so I used a needle tip to fill it. It's hard to see how full it is. I'm a direct lung hitter so I find the airflow is a bit tight but it does work. I suppose the .5 ohm coil would be looser but it would burn up the juice a lot faster.

Reactions: aikanae1

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Is there a reason the GS Air-M wouldn't work? I was thinking of getting a ONE battery just for those. I'm not into sub-ohming and that seemed economical.
I tried a GS Air (the first one that came out) and it works. I think the 1.5 ohm coil is too high for the Ego One battery. The vape was very similar to using it with the iStick 20w at about 9-10 watts. Not bad but the Ego One tank is much better on this battery.

Also, from a purely aesthetic point of view, the GS Air is 18mm so it isn't a seamless join with the battery. I see the M is 19mm so it would look better. The M is also fairly tall too so the MS might look better.

But yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

stvn77

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2012
costa rica
I tried a GS Air (the first one that came out) and it works. I think the 1.5 ohm coil is too high for the Ego One battery. The vape was very similar to using it with the iStick 20w at about 9-10 watts. Not bad but the Ego One tank is much better on this battery.

Also, from a purely aesthetic point of view, the GS Air is 18mm so it isn't a seamless join with the battery. I see the M is 19mm so it would look better. The M is also fairly tall too so the MS might look better.

But yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't work.
can you post a pic?

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
This is the best I can do with the cheap camera I have.

Attachments

• resized_DSCF0076.JPG
    resized_DSCF0076.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 220
Reactions: stvn77

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I got my tank today. Wasn't expecting it that soon since I ordered Tuesday evening.

Unscrewed the base and the coil head stayed in the tank. Tried to pull it out and the positive pin came out. After watching a rebuilding video, I figured out how to put it back together.

I gotta say it's a very good vape. Plenty of flavor and good vapor. So far I'm glad I bought it. Time will tell if it will stay that way.

Cons:
The tank is tiny so I used a needle tip to fill it. It's hard to see how full it is. I'm a direct lung hitter so I find the airflow is a bit tight but it does work. I suppose the .5 ohm coil would be looser but it would burn up the juice a lot faster.

I continue to struggle with this tank. It puts out a great deal of vapor--so much so, I begin to feel overwhelmed sometimes. But that bloody thing leaks. Vaporized liquid condenses in the chimney and then flows back down toward the coil. While this extra liquid does a great job eliminating the occasional dry hit, the liquid tends to build up and then leak out of the air flow holes at the bottom.

I don't want to make you feel bad about your new tank, but I have found it to be quite a struggle. Just be aware that it could leak right when you least expect it.

Couple of thoughts. The easiest way to remove the coil from the chimney is to gently push sideways on the coil. I have gotten into the habit of wiggling the airflow control as I remove it, just to ensure that the coil comes out of the tank. Also, always make sure the coil is screwed into the airflow control all the way before reinstalling into the tank. If you are using the CLR coils, get into the habit of checking the tightness of the top ring as it tends to loosen when opening the tank.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I continue to struggle with this tank. It puts out a great deal of vapor--so much so, I begin to feel overwhelmed sometimes. But that bloody thing leaks. Vaporized liquid condenses in the chimney and then flows back down toward the coil. While this extra liquid does a great job eliminating the occasional dry hit, the liquid tends to build up and then leak out of the air flow holes at the bottom.

I don't want to make you feel bad about your new tank, but I have found it to be quite a struggle. Just be aware that it could leak right when you least expect it.

Couple of thoughts. The easiest way to remove the coil from the chimney is to gently push sideways on the coil. I have gotten into the habit of wiggling the airflow control as I remove it, just to ensure that the coil comes out of the tank. Also, always make sure the coil is screwed into the airflow control all the way before reinstalling into the tank. If you are using the CLR coils, get into the habit of checking the tightness of the top ring as it tends to loosen when opening the tank.
Thanks for the tips.

Yeah, I know all to well that any tank can work well at first and then go south after awhile. My second device was an MVP 2 with an iClear 16b. It worked fine for a week or so then started leaking like crazy.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
In the case of the eGo ONE tank, the thing leaked like crazy for a variety of reasons. As I "learned the tank," as it were, I was able to eliminate sources of leakage one by one. This condensation problem, however, is one that I have not been able to fix because it happens too quickly, at least for me. I'm not going to be constantly wiping the chimney out with paper towels while on the road. I have some other solutions, but I haven't tried them yet.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA

Cons:
The tank is tiny so I used a needle tip to fill it. It's hard to see how full it is. I'm a direct lung hitter so I find the airflow is a bit tight but it does work. I suppose the .5 ohm coil would be looser but it would burn up the juice a lot fa

I purchased the 1100mah kit about 3 weeks ago. same .5 ohm coil going strong. Love the stock tank except for capacity. Ordered the 2.5 and extra 1100 batt. I can squeeze 2 ml in the small tank without issue, so possibly 2.8 in the XL? According to my calculations, it's only 1/4" taller than the small. They are scheduled for delivery Saturday. EVcigarettes, tank- 15.99

Last edited:

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: per op request

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
  • Deleted by Spencer87
  • Reason: post deleted per op request

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Would you care to expand on the sources of those leaks? Advice on some preemptive measures would be greatly appreciated.

Sure. First, it's a good idea to use a bit of juice to lubricate the O-rings when installing a new coil. This will help you to properly seat the coil in the airflow control, and also help the top of the coil to properly seat inside the chimney of the tank when you screw it all back together. Also a good idea to lubricate the big O-ring on the airflow control so that it seats correctly when you close up the tank. And, keep an eye on the amount of juice that builds up in the chimney--you can peer down in there by removing the drip tip.

Also, make sure you properly prime the wick, or else you will get a dry hit full of nastiness. So, before I do any of the above, I apply juice directly the wicking material and watch the juice absorb into it. Once the wick appears to be rather sopping wet, then I fill the tank, lube the O-ring, and then close it all up tightly (but not too tightly, hard to described this part).

I hope these points help you get started.

Reactions: ephilbe

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Sure. First, it's a good idea to use a bit of juice to lubricate the O-rings when installing a new coil. This will help you to properly seat the coil in the airflow control, and also help the top of the coil to properly seat inside the chimney of the tank when you screw it all back together. Also a good idea to lubricate the big O-ring on the airflow control so that it seats correctly when you close up the tank. And, keep an eye on the amount of juice that builds up in the chimney--you can peer down in there by removing the drip tip.

Also, make sure you properly prime the wick, or else you will get a dry hit full of nastiness. So, before I do any of the above, I apply juice directly the wicking material and watch the juice absorb into it. Once the wick appears to be rather sopping wet, then I fill the tank, lube the O-ring, and then close it all up tightly (but not too tightly, hard to described this part).

I hope these points help you get started.
Thank you, Navigator. One thing I have noticed thus far is perhaps the coil hole in the base, tank chimney (or both) could be a tad off center. Depending on how tightly the coil screwed in, (and top o ring lubricated) when screwing base on tank, there is resistance at specific point in the circumference. If that makes sense. No serious leakage issues though. But like you said, lots of condensation. Again, your input is greatly appreciated.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Thank you, Navigator. One thing I have noticed thus far is perhaps the coil hole in the deck, tank chimney (or both) could be a tad off center. Depending on how tightly the coil screwed in, (and top o ring lubricated) when screwing base on tank, there is resistance at specific point in the circumference. If that makes sense. No serious leakage issues though. But like you said, lots of condensation. Again, your input is greatly appreciated.

Yes, I do recognize what you're talking about there. Honestly, I just assumed that was due to brand new threads that would eventually break in. If I'm correct, the tank should get easier to screw together over time.

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
Yes, I do recognize what you're talking about there. Honestly, I just assumed that was due to brand new threads that would eventually break in. If I'm correct, the tank should get easier to screw together over time.
I thought it was a new threading issue as well. But now after spending some time with it, I've discovered that it seems to correlate with coil torque as it's inconsistent. Also, maybe the coil hole is a loose enough fit that when seated, it ends up where it ends up. If centered, a happy accident if you will.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
As if the 1100 mAh Ego One isn't small enough, there's now also The Ego One Mini - a slimmer 16 mm diameter version with 1.8 ml tank capacity and 850 mAh battery.

eGo_ONE_Mini_02.jpg

I can understand the need for an Ego One Mega with larger tank capacity and 2600 mAh battery, but the Mini isn't that much stealthier than the 1100 MAh. Although slimmer it's a touch longer at 109.7 mm compared to 105 mm with the 1100 mAh. 1.8 tank capacity is the same but the 850 mAh battery isn't going to last long with 0.5 heads.

Ego One 1100 Mah-------Ego One Mini 850 mAh
ego_One_04.jpg
eGo_ONE_Mini_05.jpg

ephilbe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2015
Tacoma WA
As if the 1100 mAh Ego One isn't small enough, there's now also The Ego One Mini - a slimmer 16 mm diameter version with 1.8 ml tank capacity and 850 mAh battery.

eGo_ONE_Mini_02.jpg

I can understand the need for an Ego One Mega with larger tank capacity and 2600 mAh battery, but the Mini isn't that much stealthier than the 1100 MAh. Although slimmer it's a touch longer at 109.7 mm compared to 105 mm with the 1100 mAh. 1.8 tank capacity is the same but the 850 mAh battery isn't going to last long with 0.5 heads.

Ego One 1100 Mah-------Ego One Mini 850 mAh
ego_One_04.jpg
View attachment 457139
I agree. The 1100 mah version is on the verge of too small. (still love it though) Not covering one of the airflow vents with my index finger took some getting used to. I believe that the Mini came out slightly longer to accommodate tank capacity. Imagine any smaller than 1.8 ml. Especially with the .5 ohm coil. It would have been abysmal.

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I agree. The 1100 mah version is on the verge of too small. (still love it though) Not covering one of the airflow vents with my index finger took some getting used to. I believe that the Mini came out slightly longer to accommodate tank capacity. Imagine any smaller than 1.8 ml. Especially with the .5 ohm coil. It would have been abysmal.

Since I already have an 1100 mAh, I would only consider getting a Mini if it was considerably smaller, but the size difference here seems too marginal. But I guess if you don't already own an Ego One it could be quite tempting to go for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread