Kabuki, Nautilus, burnt Aspire BVC coils, stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
I don't really want to make this a long post that readers eyes glaze over before getting to the end..but I'm still a relative "newbie" to vaping.

Some of you know I bought a Kabuki on the advice from Many here, and yes it's a delicious tasting tank for someone like me who is mostly a "tootle puffer"

Trouble was the stock Aspire BVC coils were tasting burnt within a few days and sometimes as quickly as 24 hours.
Very frustrating, and expensive considering I pay around $20 Aus for a 5 pack delivered down here in Australia.

I had a woopsy a cuppla months ago and dropped my Provari/Kabuki breaking the glass tank.
I've not been able to replace the Kabuki glass yet (but will soon with the help of the wonderful Katdarling who has come to my rescue :) )

In the mean time I've purchased a full sized Aspire Nautilus which obviously uses the exact same BVC coils as the Kabuki. I did this to use up the leftover coils I bought for the Kabuki.

But the really odd thing I've discovered is those same coils last at least 5 days in the Nautilus and NEVER get the horrible burnt taste they did in the Kabuki, on the exact same mod, with the exact same juice, at the exact same wattage
scratch.gif

And another thing.
I saved most of the burnt tasting coils from the Kabuki with the view to rebuilding them, coz I'm a tinkerer lol
Just out of interest I've reused one of these, not yet rebuilt, a cuppla hours ago in my Nautilus.
Primed it, and left it sitting for nearly 30 mins before having a vape and am stunned at not only the absence of the previous burnt taste, but also how delicious the vape is.

I used to run my Kabuki AFC closed right up which was still a bit too open for my MTL Tootle puffing taste.
The Nautilus however set on the smallest AFC is Very restricted and I've found it perfect.
Just like dragging on a normal cigarette.

Maybe this heavy air flow restriction is helping to draw more juice into the coil every time and is preventing the burnt hits I was experiencing with the much more open air flow of the kabuki!?

Thoughts, comments ?

Reactions: jascom

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
It has been quite a while since you posted this but I would like to know how this turned out? I've got a Kabuki clone on order. Was hoping to avoid the leaking of the larger Nautilus.
G'day Jascom.
I've not had any leakage at all from my full sized Nautilus.
It has become my daily vape tank, and is consistently the most flavoursome tank I own.
It also has the most perfectly restrictive air flow draw for my MTL vape requirements.
I love it!

My Kabuki never leaked either but even on the tightest air flow setting it was still a bit too open for me.
I haven't used it for a while due to a broken tank, but our Lovely @Katdarling is sending me a couple of her spares to get me up and running again :)

jascom

Oct 29, 2012
KS United States
iBloke And I thought I liked a tight draw! Most of the tanks I buy that are on the market now I don't need 90 to 99 percent of the AF provided. My wife uses the large Nautilus. I bought her four of them. She has leaking problems on occasion, not all the time. Usually when she screams for help it is because her coil is gone. I have two Nautilus Mini's that never leak. I just received my Kabuki clone yesterday and started to use it. So far it does have great flavor. But since it is a clone I did not receive any instructions with it. Is yours an original? Do you fill yours from the top or bottom? And do you need to shut of the AFC completely when filling? I will get some leakage out of the AFC after a fill. Next tank I am going to shut it down completely. Unfortunately that makes it a little less convenient to use given the need for the hex screw tool. I have four Cubis that are my daily tanks and they are about the easiest tanks I have yet owned. Good flavor but not great flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread