Kamry Micro - a good successor to the eRoll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Glad to see the enthusiasm for the kamry, I've been using the old model for about 9 months and for me they are the perfect cigalike, no fuss, no muss.
I'm happy to use boxes in the house (smokjoy air50+le magister clone) but I wouldn't be seen dead outside with one.
1 battery failed after about 3 months but the other is still going strong. coils last well, no problems with high vg and no leaks from the old model. batteries give out as much as you can expect from 170mah.
Ree have been good for spares.
Not seen the need for the cassiel yet as 3 fit in my ticket pocket and last me the day, however it looks a good bet for my better half. Airflow at the bottom looks good for reliability if nothing else.
No particular tips to share as this is what a CAL should be, plug and play.

Good to hear from a micro user with the old coils. Nine months is good going. I wonder if the new micro coils means that the old ones are being phased out? If so, by the time Ree store runs out of old micro spares, you can always upgrade to new micros at relatively low cost. Or by then maybe there'll be an even better third version...

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Hey man, thanks for the review i bought a kamry micro not so long ago and i've been very impressed with this little thing it's great with high VG liquids but i cannot seem to find a place to buy the Cassiel kit anymore? i wonder why all the sellers stopped carrying it, i hope it's not discontinued it seemed great

Hey Kekmate, I just checked and Cassiel kits do seem to have disappeared from AliExpress seller pages. I'd saved a few black Cassiels in my wishlist and those listings have been removed. I was waiting for my preferred seller - Ree Electronic Store - to stock them but when I messaged them yesterday they said there was a further delay. They said:

"just the black Cassiel still no stock , I urge kamry company everyday , they said the black's material have problem, so they can't sell, they are changing the material
48.gif
"

Since even the white Cassiel isn't available now, I wonder if there's been a product recall by Kamry or whether all kits have just plain sold out? Strange that all sellers would remove their listings rather than just state 'out of stock'. My white Cassiel has been working fine for the month that I've had it. Is there a danger that it might explode? I doubt it. At the beginning of the year when I first enquired to one seller about the shortage of the black version, they replied that the factory was having a moulding problem. Putting it together, I think Kamry are having trouble with current plastics and can't produce enough kits to meet demand. That doesn't explain why they would recall them though, if indeed they have been recalled. Bit of mystery at the moment. Post your conspiracy theories here!

I guess the good news is that the Cassiel will eventually be back with a different type of plastic or something. If Kamry are reading this, I would like a black Cassiel made out of metal with stainless steel micros, thanks!

Reactions: Vesh

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
Finally received my Kamry Cassiel. The devices looks great and seems very close to an ideal package for my tastes. I'm happy that this type of device is finally getting some deserved attention!

Unfortunately, one of the batteries does not fire. The light turns on as usual on inhalation, but the firing mechanism doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if anyone has these new batteries in stock?

EDIT: I just found out that while all three of my atomizers work on two of the batteries, only my old (1.0) atomizer works on one of my new (2.0) batteries. Very strange...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Finally received my Kamry Cassiel. The devices looks great and seems very close to an ideal package for my tastes. I'm happy that this type of device is finally getting some deserved attention!

Unfortunately, one of the batteries does not fire. The light turns on as usual on inhalation, but the firing mechanism doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if anyone has these new batteries in stock?

EDIT: I just found out that while all three of my atomizers work on two of the batteries, only my old (1.0) atomizer works on one of my new (2.0) batteries. Very strange...

Well the old coils aren't compatible with the new batteries, or so I've been advised. Interesting that it worked for you. So when the other Cassiel battery didn't fire, you were using an old coil in it too?

Reactions: Appeltaart

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
Well the old coils aren't compatible with the new batteries, or so I've been advised. Interesting that it worked for you. So when the other Cassiel battery didn't fire, you were using an old coil in it too?
I meant I screwed on the entire 1.0 atomizer, not just the coil. Unfortunately The Cassiel doesn't close as well after (the 1.0 atomizer is slightly longer) and it looks a little silly due to different colors (and an ever so slightly smaller diameter, I just noticed).

I guess for now I can just use the Cassiel to carry the other 2.0 and switch the atomizers when one is empty. Kind of defeats the purpose though. And I was secretly looking forward to that first chance I'd get to "share a cigarette" ;)

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I meant I screwed on the entire 1.0 atomizer, not just the coil. Unfortunately The Cassiel doesn't close as well after (the 1.0 atomizer is slightly longer) and it looks a little silly due to different colors (and an ever so slightly smaller diameter, I just noticed).

I guess for now I can just use the Cassiel to carry the other 2.0 and switch the atomizers when one is empty. Kind of defeats the purpose though. And I was secretly looking forward to that first chance I'd get to "share a cigarette" ;)

I see. Sorry it's been a long day. So one of the Cassiel batteries still doesn't work? I thought you meant it didn't work with the old atomiser.

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
I see. Sorry it's been a long day. So one of the Cassiel batteries still doesn't work? I thought you meant it didn't work with the old atomiser.
That's alright, it was all a bit confusing. But strangely enough one of the new batteries doesn't work with either of the new atomizers, yet does work with the old atomizer...

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
That's alright, it was all a bit confusing. But strangely enough one of the new batteries doesn't work with either of the new atomizers, yet does work with the old atomizer...

I'd get in touch with your seller about this to see how they could help. Unfortunately while you can buy spare batteries for the USB charged micro, I haven't yet seen anywhere to buy batteries with charging contacts like those used in the Cassiel.

EDIT: Stop Press! Shenzhen Sinvot Store has a listing for the Cassiel battery on AliExpress. Copy this: 'Arrival Kamry Micro2.0 battery body' and paste it into the search bar.

UT8_.CUX5RbXXagOFbX0.jpg

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
This Kamry Mini seems to be just what Ive been searching for. Im wanting one for a couple friends.
From what I see, AllExpress is the only place to get them? 50 for shipping? Is this right? I tried amazon Uk and did not find it.

Also is the Cassiel the name of the PCC? which I assume is the charger for when out and about?

I quit using a cig-alike and both people I want to get this for would definitely like these.

Thank you all for all the input and sharing of experiences and information

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
i cannot seem to find a place to buy the Cassiel kit anymore? i wonder why all the sellers stopped carrying it, i hope it's not discontinued it seemed great

Hey Kekmate, I just checked and Cassiel kits do seem to have disappeared from AliExpress seller pages...

Update: Messaged a seller at Ewinvape Store and they said that they can't sell the Cassiel on AliExpress now, but they still have the white version in stock for sale by other means if you contact them about this. I will send you a private link and you can get in touch with the seller if interested. Cheers.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
This Kamry Mini seems to be just what Ive been searching for. Im wanting one for a couple friends.
From what I see, AllExpress is the only place to get them? 50 for shipping? Is this right? I tried amazon Uk and did not find it.

Also is the Cassiel the name of the PCC? which I assume is the charger for when out and about?

I quit using a cig-alike and both people I want to get this for would definitely like these.

Thank you all for all the input and sharing of experiences and information

You're welcome. Kamry promotes the Micro USB kit and Cassiel kit as separate products because, although they seem similar, the micros used in both kits are slightly different to each other and not interchangeable (main difference is the USB micro battery will not charge in the Cassiel PCC). Shipping was free for me in the UK, is it really $50 to ship to the US??? But for some sudden reason the stores on AliExpress are no longer selling the Cassiel for the time being until Kamry change the PCC materials. The way around this is to contact sellers with current stock and buy it from them through other means. Will send you a private link to follow up if interested.

Reactions: anavidfan

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Found this curious short article today: Cassiel Kit by Kamrytech: time capsule | VapeShow Prague

"Not all vapers remember how vaping started. But still Chinese manufacturers believe that there are a lot of those wishing to get nostalgic, and there is an urgent need to develop vaping devices using not quite modern standards."

Maybe because Chinese manufacturers are in tune with the East Asian market which their product is primarily aimed at.

"Meet a new product of Kamrytech Cassiel Kit."

Hi! I believe we've already met.

"When looking at this gadget user may think that it is a clone of Ezipe by Fumytech."

I looked up the Ezipe. Errr...no I wouldn't...although the Cassiel and Ezipe both have four rounded corners, I'll give you that.

"The device includes several parts: charger box and two vape pens. The operational principle is as following: user takes one pen out of the charger box, vape and puts it back. If one pen runs out of battery, user can take the second one."

Very astute.

Why the manufacturer has launched such a device and who buys it is unknown."

Maybe because it's simple, effective and fuss-free? Obviously written by a sub-ohm cloud chaser who's oblivious to nostalgic, stealth vapers like me who prefer to tootle-puff on not-quite-modern devices rather than fiddle with his equipment all day :p

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I was about to order a cassiel when they all disappeared, reckon I'll wait for the next gen to get sorted.
Out of interest, how bulky is the pcc? Shirt pocket/jacket pocket?

The current PCC is 78g empty and with both micros about 118g. I haven't had any issue with jackets, shirts, pants etc. It's designed to fit in most pockets.

Reactions: xxxxx

Appeltaart

May 10, 2015
Quick update: Apparently I'm a fool. These new coils need to be screwed in significantly tighter than the old ones. Haven't had any problems since that revelation... In fact, I feel the new Micros function even better with higher VG!

I think I've finally found my device. Flipping open the Cassiel and pulling out a Micro seems to curb part of an addiction no mod ever could. Thanks a lot for bringing this to attention Jin!

xxxxx

Mar 5, 2017
Quick update: Apparently I'm a fool. These new coils need to be screwed in significantly tighter than the old ones. Haven't had any problems since that revelation... In fact, I feel the new Micros function even better with higher VG!

I think I've finally found my device. Flipping open the Cassiel and pulling out a Micro seems to curb part of an addiction no mod ever could. Thanks a lot for bringing this to attention Jin!

That's good to hear, I'd just ordered one when your post popped up.

Last edited:

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london

Glad you got it sorted :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread