Kanger EVOD Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Ya definitely post back in here if you don't mind! I'd order but I need to be responsible and I just bought a new eGo a couple weeks ago :( I do have EVOD clearos on the way right now though!

i have a few carts (shopping carts) loaded - being responsible sometimes stinks... lol but as soon as i see a window and i can spring for the few new things i want- i will...

and yes, i do know the sites all have wish lists available but i prefer to put my "i wants" in the cart - lol

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Just got a couple of these batteries and they're definitely real solid. The constant 3.7v is awesome. Another cool feature is the button being flush to the battery body. I've had other eGos that drained a tank because my pocket either turned it on or I forgot to turn it off. I can't see this ever being a problem with the evod. The button is kind of hard to find in the dark but I think it's worth it.

do you think the button being flush could end up a disadvantage by falling back to far- possibly staying depressed?

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
do you think the button being flush could end up a disadvantage by falling back to far- possibly staying depressed?

I doubt it.

I received my set today. There is what looks like a stationary clear plastic ring around the button itself. When the button is depressed, it does not appear to sink below the depth of the plastic ring. There is a nice audible and tactile "click" when the button is depressed. In addition, the button responds to a relatively soft touch, so there should be no reason to apply much force to the button anyway.

Since the button's touch is relatively soft, however, it's probably a good idea to lock it in the "off" mode before placing it in a pocket or purse. This is easily done by clicking the button 5x within 2 seconds. Ditto to unlock.

After using it for a day, I don't find it that hard to locate the button by feel. I use the pad of my thumb to locate the button and my thumb-tip to depress it. YMMV if you have the hands of a tradesman, The Thing or Hulk.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I use the Evod myself. It's perfect for when I don't want to carry around my (larger) normal all day battery, an MVP. If I'm heading out for a night on the town, or dressing formally, it slides easily into a pocket.

That being said, the batteries' performance is excellent. Good build quality (along with, basically, everything in Kanger's product lines), nice feel to it, and it works swimmingly well with my two clearos of choice, Evods and Protanks.

Overall, I'd say a solid 9/10. The reviews it's gotten have been good, too (4.5/5)

Kanger Evod VV Battery Review (these reviews cover both the VV (variable voltage) and the original)

Last edited:

nap317

Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
indianapolis
I love my evod batts. I'm considering getting the VV, anyone tried that? I don't like my vape too warm, and LR seems to be better to me, so I like the idea of taking things down a bit.....would vaping at 3.2v be better than 3.7v if I like it cooler and lower resistance? I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with a 2.2 ohm head. 1.8 is perfect for me.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I love my evod batts. I'm considering getting the VV, anyone tried that? I don't like my vape too warm, and LR seems to be better to me, so I like the idea of taking things down a bit.....would vaping at 3.2v be better than 3.7v if I like it cooler and lower resistance? I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle with a 2.2 ohm head. 1.8 is perfect for me.

LR (at same voltage) is a warmer vape. It seems like it's 'misworded' - lower resistance should be less friction, less heat, but that's not the case. 2.2 ohm runs cooler than the 1.8 ohm coil. If 1.8 ohm on the batt is 'perfect', you might want to hold off on VV.

nap317

Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
indianapolis
LR (at same voltage) is a warmer vape. It seems like it's 'misworded' - lower resistance should be less friction, less heat, but that's not the case. 2.2 ohm runs cooler than the 1.8 ohm coil. If 1.8 ohm on the batt is 'perfect', you might want to hold off on VV.

i've read that before, but for some reason when i use higher ohms it sems hotter. i don't know if i have to pull so hard that i get the coil all worked up and hot and angry or what.... the 1.8s are working just right right now.

so wait on a VV ya think? i thought it might be a decent investment (like an evod twist) before moving onto bigger and better things where you really start playing with wattage and everything....

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
i've read that before, but for some reason when i use higher ohms it sems hotter. i don't know if i have to pull so hard that i get the coil all worked up and hot and angry or what.... the 1.8s are working just right right now.

so wait on a VV ya think? i thought it might be a decent investment (like an evod twist) before moving onto bigger and better things where you really start playing with wattage and everything....

Perhaps you got a 2.2 that wasn't 2.2. It happens. As far as VV goes - it really depends on eliquids. If you are still sampling, then having a VV with a dripping atty - joye 510 or 306 with drip tip is a good way to sample. You dial in the voltage to get the watts that are right for the flavor. Easier than changing coils :) But for regular vaping, IF you've nailed down your flavors, the eGo style is better, imo. Most flavors are good in the 5.5 to 8 watt area. Which is why I sold all my 'bigger and better' mods and stuck with Joye eGo-c upgrade batts. lol. They get the job done and are for me, a better aesthetic style.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I've had the Kanger VV battery for maybe a week now. It performs well. I bought the stainless version and it looks outstanding, but I think the voltage markings are probably easier to read on the black version. The 650 mAh VV battery is about 1" longer than the standard Kanger 650 mAh battery. I currently have a Mini Protank 2 v.1 on it (1/2" longer than a standard eVod clearo) and the set is long enough that I wouldn't want to carry it around in my front pocket. I'll probably only use it at home and maybe in the car.

It is nice to have for dripping with some medium resistance attys I bought by mistake - and to experiment with my clearos. I'll probably also use it to burn through the all the 2.5 ohm heads that came with my eVod kit and my mini PT2 (9 total). :glare:

At $21.99 for the 650 mAh model ($18.99 for the 350 mAh) at Sun Vapers, the entry price to VV world seemed reasonable.

Last edited:

chaos-7

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
St. AUg Fl.
I got rid of a KO 650, and got a Joye 650. Learned that the Joye was 3.3v and the KO was unregulated (mostly 3.7v).

Sold the Joye, and got the EVOD 650 (claimed 3.7v regulated). It's a little longer, looks great with an EVOD clearo, and vapes great.

Finding the button in a very dark room is a challenge ;)

YMMV

I never had a problem finding the button in a dark room! :p:laugh:

Goodrat

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Florida
www.rickviola.com
Even if the voltage of the batt is less than what the regulated voltage is, you'll still get the regulated voltage because the battery receives a boost from the regulator. I'm no expert so I might be using the wrong terminology but I think that's how it works.

A regulator cannot give you a higher voltage that it's input unless it is a switching power supply with oscillator and coils etc. So that is unlikely. The output of a typical analog regulator is typically at least a volt lower than the input or battery voltage.

Update: It seems I was mistaken. Some batteries do have a circuit that boosts the voltage. I am surprised they are using this technology in an e-cig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread