Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Plan on geting the kbox mini soon to fire the subcoils better or do think im wasting my money im basically maxing this istick 30w out and i feel i need atleast fire at 40w

If you're looking for a swapable 18650 battery mod, I'd highly recommend the Wismec Presa 75W. That's what I pair with my toptank, and it's great. They just released a 100W version, but the 75 is only 29.99 at Vapenw. That should give you more than enough power, and the squeeze fire button is really cool.

I haven't used the kbox mini, but I just can't imagine Kanger beating out the Presa or even the VTC Mini, which was pretty much agreed to be the best in it's class last year.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I don't believe in putting the chimney on my subtank or TFV4 RBA with dry wicking then stuffing it all down hoping to fill all the gaps. I juice the wick then trim to fit the deck and make a waterfall looking onto the base of the deck before adding the chimney then from inside I push the wick against the chimney wall over the holes so I don't see any gaps and all my wicking fibers are going the same way. I don't use the stock heads but my subtanks don't leak at all unless they been bumped and have the wick shift inside. I would say if your subtank RBA leaks then I would go after the orings first to be sure they are all intact then if still leaking then its wicked wrong and have to rewick, there is a knack to wicking and its only trial and error then success with most all attys.

michaelgravesa1

Mar 21, 2016
It dont leak only the coils flood when refillg do the the pressure exchange when taking off top cap so using a qtip helps a lot far as the rba i havent tried it yet waiting for this coil to croke first i do have it built already i built it follong the steps and pictures that is shown with leaflet if that dont work then ill scavenger threads to find a good wicking way

Clydde26

Jan 20, 2016
Hopkinsville
itpTu6deKBekTk1gzkh7_ZtfItK41jE3hsQ6zqqApU4YqtZv0GNkShG9e9BWyaB9rh_pFi8hRTVixDiRgS0JkjsHCvLhqD04HZ9tRzw62251XlJj_9AhWxngaoWbv8QyMi6ksRIg
Notice how the coil opening is centered on the screws. This is a 2.5mm ID that seems to be the sweet spot.
uCHhqXoFOL1EsgakMfGRn8E6LwikGcF6h1wfOswqxooqAPQnooWHOs56elt2QqBLAEZh7DnnqOTLSH4paBQ3ur9XQF90wOGuuQWMyX8ipaxaj08uYt6pZ7OvN3Ful2b2Hi9H30X-
Plenty of cotton running through the coil enough for gradual resistance but not enough that your cotton is pulling apart as your pulling it through the coil.
-hLDXizTGfpUZZri_f_Apvcq7oRo45-0nPrK2JHwPIiB-65WjF6crJLQdsK8UGFUiugTvRuAkG670lw8T6ixzVQRAeYgoic7Paet5BwVxNJPDY43b8ySEyMetT96-orCC3znfndF
Tails go up through the coil housing like bunny ears and then the housing is slid over them and secured.
JaQ7s8MUHZWTiETlHzF25TUOJ5E0Go5k9m8T9lFPSDsFtXp8DlsxBWaaPlVlEGNKNi1XvF1sW0mKYELCHviYCy1Fud7_fHAHNXNMtCGOpwuQ1NZXM7zIpfekyrTp1tNKrBOYYhd6
I then pull them to the side and trim leaving approximately an 1/8 inch tail left on each side.
4wVyHUVF8k1hWMog6smnEG0oXLxqKg4mIjMfULK6ihRi6DWl6LuRgXJ8j1tU9Qc3GHvSfnpEQUawSC9JIx579nXprZaVJlq1eGS2VQzaeG3AGpaWOMkMTcbQ0PXEK6iOa4T7DepQ
Using a small flat head or equivalent i gently poke the tails down on each side no stuffing them tightly but ensuring that it touches the bottom of the build deck. I also inspect and make sure that none of the cotton is wildly poking down the air hole under the coil. this will cause leaking.
cYVC3yI8CIc3ttb2-_3vpsQLTEo3apgnaoAzbWK_QVINoHR51jiWX7rtmKbbZNy8_4T3T_JP3eVL78TPsLHFrCiYrqhbi5UG8WrSicZhn0CunW70A39j4phlAGQEYSe9yWC8SNt4
As you turn the housing on its side you should be able to see just enough poof of cotton poking out of the juice channel holes. This means you have enough cotton in your device.
Ke-9D8rMp77zCVdIUigGW1J6zq-FiF_Ash7KYc3dLrG_JY0XKcsdCy81yru7a-zwg2uYOgLiTZrDJX6eC-5GgIKqBYlLUU2IYy2oeP8r8b_uDAAosAh3Ftip2Ul0gTe_o6g4c-Oi
The only way you can shut the air off on the top tank mini is in between the small hole and medium hole...there is no true "all the way off" setting so you will just have to play with it.
W3FwrzBLW6vEvaKybBhUWmRC0Opu8YAitNRLi_Bp__iFdRma5ENDs0EQQPVl9vZepQRS3E8HA-MQErCJOJ8XOVpiEYhIfREuBXkgJHuLTDRBmrv2NWtOo1X9f9VonLh7NhKTn6K6
Ensure you leave your slight air bubble at the top for proper juice flow then close the top and open your afc back up. You should have no issues with leaking if these steps are followed. Leave the tank on its side for a prolonged period of time and you may have flooding and gurgling issues but still should not have leaking.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hey i got a question ...if my .5 ohm coil reads .7 do i lower the watts or do i can i still burn it as it was a .5 im asking cause i want to stay away from 5volts.

I wouldn't over think it- these newer coils go up higher than the last. Something like 50 or 60 I think. The limitation because of the smaller tank will likely be the heat of the vape before you burn the cotton. If you're sticking around 30 watts, don't worry, you got lots of room.

JimmyCarajo

Jul 1, 2016
At first I was struggling with the same leaking problem. I was considerably frustrated because kangertech stuff is not cheap where I live. I went for the bottom fill solution but doing so you can only use half the tank's capacity. A few days ago, I ordered a couple of ejuices and they came with promotional rubber rings. I used one of these rings to cover the air flow and I pressed tightly with my thumb and index finger. Meanwhile, I unscrewed the top cap and filled the tank leaving an air bubble, screwed the top cap back on and openning the air flow again. I've been doing this for about 15 times and zero leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread