Kayfun Dripper Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
Hello! Since I have started using dripping atomizers, my kayfun Lite + hasn't been getting much attention. But lately, I have noticed that there are few kayfun dripper conversion kits on the market. I started this thread so that members can post their review, impressions or questions regarding turning the kayfun into an RDA. I don't have any of these kits yet, but I am considering getting one, and would love to hear what other members think of them! Thanks very much!!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Can you please post a link to one of these conversion kits? I haven't even heard of such a thing, but I've definitely thought about doing it.

My guess is, once you see how quickly dripping burns through juice, that KFL+ will have renewed attention. That's how it went for me at least. lol Now it's a nice balance in between dripping and my KFL+ V2.

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
Can you please post a link to one of these conversion kits? I haven't even heard of such a thing, but I've definitely thought about doing it.

My guess is, once you see how quickly dripping burns through juice, that KFL+ will have renewed attention. That's how it went for me at least. lol Now it's a nice balance in between dripping and my KFL+ V2.

I don't own one myself so I don't have any feedback to offer but here is one example: V1 Dripper Conversion Kit – Science Of Vaping

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around

of course, sorry about that:

Talisman | Ritual Machine to be released

Dripper Conversion – Science Of Vaping

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
I would think the low air flow of a Kayfun would make it a marginal dripper at best. Ay least the one i have would.

i think it might be a nice accessory to have since it would provide an air intake under the coil as well as above/along side it (similar to the magma RDA in a sense). the conversion kits have side air holes. people say that they get great flavor from the magma, and this might another way to replicate that with something that i already have.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
i think it might be a nice accessory to have since it would provide an air intake under the coil as well as above/along side it (similar to the magma RDA in a sense). the conversion kits have side air holes. people say that they get great flavor from the magma, and this might another way to replicate that with something that i already have.

I didn't realize the kit has side air, that would make a huge difference.

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around

i actually buy the unflavored Mt baker juice. it is pretty cheap in bulk, and i like the taste. also, i find most flavored juice to be a bit too sweet, so i generally spit any flavors that i might buy 50/50 with the unflavored.

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
I didn't realize the kit has side air, that would make a huge difference.

that what makes it appealing to me- I think that I will take the plunge on the kit this month. i kind of want to see what Ritual Machine has coming first, though. SoV does make excellent products( i have their v2 nano and full glass conversions for my kayfun).

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
the only thing that makes the kayfun vape like a kayfun is the bottom air and the condensing chamber. this throws both away to just make it a clumsy way to mount a coil under a cap, don't see the point?

the point, to me, is to use the kayfun to make a better dripper, not to make it a better kayfun. the under the coil air intake could make this a possibility. And, now this is just my own personal taste, I prefer the RDA vape experience, and i find this interesting. It just my opinion though.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I get that, but the air will take the path of least resistance and I think most of the airflow would wind up being from the side, which is not really in the right place for the coil centered on the kayfun deck. I guess to me the whole kayfun deck is not a better deck than a deck designed as a dripper. to me it's a gamble that it may or may not be good. I'd rather keep the kayfun and pick up a great dripper to begin with. I'd rather buy the magma or an odin or quasar or something and then still have the kayfun. I guess it can't hurt to try it though, especially if you have a kayfun your not really using anymore :) heck if you wind up saying it's really good maybe then I'd think to try it myself :)

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
I get that, but the air will take the path of least resistance and I think most of the airflow would wind up being from the side, which is not really in the right place for the coil centered on the kayfun deck. I guess to me the whole kayfun deck is not a better deck than a deck designed as a dripper. to me it's a gamble that it may or may not be good. I'd rather keep the kayfun and pick up a great dripper to begin with. I'd rather buy the magma or an odin or quasar or something and then still have the kayfun. I guess it can't hurt to try it though, especially if you have a kayfun your not really using anymore :) heck if you wind up saying it's really good maybe then I'd think to try it myself :)

cool- thanks! yeah, i was wondering about how much air would ultimately get through the stock kayfun intake as well. i am going to wait and see what the talisman looks like first, and then snag that or the SoV kit. I will definitely post my impressions of it. And you a right also in the sense that it may be a way for me to get the kayfun back in use. Thanks!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
the point, to me, is to use the kayfun to make a better dripper, not to make it a better kayfun. the under the coil air intake could make this a possibility. And, now this is just my own personal taste, I prefer the RDA vape experience, and i find this interesting. It just my opinion though.

With the hundreds of Drippers available - some Wicked Good - It is not logical to downgrade a Kayfun to make an anything Dropper.

Kayfun Conversion Kit = Purchase a PMMA Nano tank and Drill a Hole in the side. Screw on the original cap and drip as normal. :D

mikeylab

Jun 3, 2014
All Around
With the hundreds of Drippers available - some Wicked Good - It is not logical to downgrade a Kayfun to make an anything Dropper.

Kayfun Conversion Kit = Purchase a PMMA Nano tank and Drill a Hole in the side. Screw on the original cap and drip as normal. :D

i have more than a couple droppers already, but calling turning a Kayfun into a dripper a 'downgrade' is a personal opinion. also, the more logical choice is to get an inexpensive add on for and expensive something you already have so that it gets use, instead of having it sit on a shelf and get no use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread