Dripper Flavor vs Kayfun Flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Hey guys, I keep hearing about how drippers give out amazing flavor but compared to my kayfun, I'm finding the flavor a bit more muted in comparison. My kayfun is built to ~0.6 ohms, single microcoil, and my Atomic is at ~.37 ohms, dual microcoil, parallel build. Both builds are using organic cotton. My Atomic generates massive clouds at the biggest airhole setting but I can barely taste the juice, if I move it to the second biggest airhole, the flavor is decent with decent clouds but it still doesn't match my Kayfun flavor.

I recently bought 120mg of Unicorn Milk from Cutwood and I feel like I'm wasting it when I'm dripping as compared to how excellent it tastes on my Kayfun. Any tips for increased flavor from a RDA?

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
The only way to compare is to build your atomic out to .6 to match your kayfun, and then close that airflow down to match as well. Once you have it similar, then you can say for sure 1 is greater than the other, until then, you are really just comparing apples to oranges. Right now I think its your build that is killing your flavor. Ive noticed that with super sub ohm builds, the lower I go the more the flavor fades.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Let me ask you guys this, if you run a dripper w/ the same, single coil and everything as a KF, KF will taste better, right? Simply due to design. So to get as good or better flavor out of a dripper, you have to go dual or more coil. IMHO too much hassle and harder to control ohms that way.

On the tip note, I prefer using as large air flow one as possible and then controlling the final draw with my tongue- gets all that vapor out of the device asap and you control the flavor and TH directly.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
It used to be like that with me with the KFL vs drippers now I love the flavor and smoothness of drippers over Kayfuns, drippers with massive airflow spoiled me the KFL draw is so tight now and i'm not liking the throat hit.

I'm actually getting the reverse lol the massive airflow is kind of killing the flavor for me even though I'm blowing huge clouds. The KFL draw is pretty tight but I think I've adapted to it lol.

I run all my atomizers on mechs. What would be an ohm build that would be more suited for flavor rather than vapor?

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
When I run all VG juice, the Kayfun isnt better on taste, its just different. Some juices taste amazing in the Kayfun, and nothing else does them justice, but some just explode at high watts in a dripper, and taste very sub par at higher ohms. Its all about perception, and personal experience. Vape what makes you happy!

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
my dripper didn't really "come alive" until I ran it at a high wattage, much higher than my kayfun could really allow

I feel you! The small deck on my russian (which is the same, more or less to a kayfun) will get too hot at high wattages and burn everything but with a good sized deck in a dripper I can run 25-30 watts with no problem.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I feel you! The small deck on my russian (which is the same, more or less to a kayfun) will get too hot at high wattages and burn everything but with a good sized deck in a dripper I can run 25-30 watts with no problem.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

I like vaping around 50 watts. :vapor:

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
I'm actually getting the reverse lol the massive airflow is kind of killing the flavor for me even though I'm blowing huge clouds. The KFL draw is pretty tight but I think I've adapted to it lol.

I run all my atomizers on mechs. What would be an ohm build that would be more suited for flavor rather than vapor?
This is just my own personal findings, but for a dual coil I get the most flavor at .7-.8 ohms. For a single .6 ohms is where flavor drops off for me.

I shouldn't really say flavor drops off. It more like throat it increases enough to effect flavor.

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
I feel like the KF does deliver a better flavor profile. In other words....If I'm vaping a banana cream pie(for example), in the KF I can taste the gram crust more so than with a dripper...BUT when I drip the same Banana cream pie it taste better overall. If that makes sense.....anyways, some Eliquid I prefer out of the KF and some out of the drippers.

A perfect example of this is anything from Five Pawns (not the biggest fan but it's a nice change of pace) I cannot drip, but out of the Kayfun it's an all day for me. On the other hand, if I have something from Fuzion Vapor it's much better out of the dripper.

ProtestThe Hero

Sep 17, 2009
I'm in exactly the same boat. I just picked up an Ehpro Atomic clone this week and running it with 2 micro coils built using 9 wraps of 28g Kanthal around a 5/64 drill bit, which I believe came out to about 0.8ohms. After bending the coils down a little so that it was closer to the bottom of the juice well, this seems to have helped a little. I can at least taste the juice now. However, it still feels like I'm just huffing air, especially compared to usung my KFL. I've got a 0.7ohm dual micro coil on the KFL, and with both of them I'm using cotton for the wick, using the same juice, and using the same mod/battery (Nemesis with a Sony VTC4 18650).

The best analogy I can come up with is that it's like taking a sip of a drink and expecting it to be Gatorade, but instead it tastes like Dasani flavored bottled water. Or perhaps, you could say the flavor with the KFL = Gatorade, and what I would have expected the flavor to be with this RDA is something more along the lines of Odwalla/Naked Juice, but instead I'm getting Raspberry flavored Dasani.

I don't know what I could be doing wrong here, but I'm very disappoint and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread