KR808D-1 Battery Voltages, 2015 Updated Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
Ok this post I'm doing is meant to educate myself and others on KR808D-1 batteries,Cartomizers, Ohms, Voltages.
I've been trying to do research on what Ecig brands are KR808D-1, what the voltages are for all of them. I was hoping eventually it will be a long list.
A lot of this stuff is foreign to me, so I was hoping you guys could help me. There is so much to cover here but I'm sure it can be done one piece of information at a time.
Currently I use :
Vapor4Life e-liquid
Vapor4Life batteries Unsealed Automatic Ash Cap Version (4.2V - 3.7V)
Vapor4Life Wow Low Resistance Cartomizers (2.2 ohm)
ECBlend Extra Long (XL) Standard Resistance Cartomizers (2.5 ohm)
ECBlend Extra Long (XL) High Resistance Cartomizers (3.0 ohm)(Similar to V4L Cool Carts 3.2 ohm)

All these cartomizers are single vertical coiled. I tried horizontal coiled carts and always got a funny taste and used the batteries for that company that I bought the carts from. I tried Bloog - MaxxFusion, Smokless Image - Volt & Halo - G6 and experienced the exact same issue. That is why I stay away from bottom horizontal coil cartomizers.

In the end what I want to accomplish is how to create the experience of each type of cigarette; Non-Filter, Full Flavor, Medium, Lights, Ultra Lights.
What I do know is the correct Nicotine Levels: For Example I'll Use Marlboro for all except the Non Filter which I'll use Camel.
Camel - Non-Filter -----------(36MG)
Marlboro - Full Flavor -------(24MG)
Marboro - Medium -----------(18MG)
Marboro - Lights --------------(18MG) (Technically 14MG - 16MG but 18MG is close enough)
Marboro - Ultra Lights ------(11MG)

What I don't know is what voltages to use with which cartomizer to create the different types of cigarettes?
What happens when you use certain voltages on the different cartomizers?

As of right now all I've tried so far is just with the V4L batteries I mentioned above
11MG with XL High Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------Ultra Light 100s
11MG with Standard Resistance Carts to create ---------------------------Ultra Light Kings
18MG with XL High Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------Lights 100s
18MG with Standard Resistance Carts to create ---------------------------Light Kings
18MG with XL Standard Resistance Carts to create ----------------------Medium 100s
18MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Medium Kings
24MG with XL Standard Resistance Carts to create ----------------------Full Flavor 100s
24MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Full Flavor Kings
36MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Non-Filter

Based on all the information and questions I put on this post I'd like to see what you all have to say, your opinions, what you have tried.
Spread this post around so I can get more responses Thank You :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
What I don't know is what voltages to use with which cartomizer to create the different types of cigarettes?
What happens when you use certain voltages on the different cartomizers?

As of right now all I've tried so far is just with the V4L batteries I mentioned above
11MG with XL High Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------Ultra Light 100s
11MG with Standard Resistance Carts to create ---------------------------Ultra Light Kings
18MG with XL High Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------Lights 100s
18MG with Standard Resistance Carts to create ---------------------------Light Kings
18MG with XL Standard Resistance Carts to create ----------------------Medium 100s
18MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Medium Kings
24MG with XL Standard Resistance Carts to create ----------------------Full Flavor 100s
24MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Full Flavor Kings
36MG with Low Resistance Carts to create ----------------------------------Non-Filter

Based on all the information and questions I put on this post I'd like to see what you all have to say, your opinions, what you have tried.
Spread this post around so I can get more responses Thank You :)

I am confused.. what are you trying to say here?

This is your assessment of KR808D products based on the cigarettes you smoke(d) and the combination of cartomizers and liquid strength?

Surely, the ideal position would be to establish the nicotine yield from each of these set-ups? Or are we talking purely on the "feel" of the vapour?

"Feel" I can see is an interesting experiment. Yield levels would be problematic to say the least.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I don't mean to be critical here, but this is why variable voltage and variable wattage is more commonly used. Either will get you the results you desire regardless of the resistance of your coil. You just adjust to taste. You method just seems like too much work to me, and when I started, I would have quit before taking the time to figure it all out.

ETA: By the way, I smoked Marlboros for 30ish years, and 16mg was all I could handle to start. 18mg was too much.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Nicotine levels are as subjective to each individual as flavor / taste.

I'd say this, someone else may have a different opinion higher or lower.
Camel - Non-Filter -----------( 28 - 32 mg)
Marlboro - Full Flavor -------( 18 - 24 mg)
Marboro - Medium -----------( 14 - 18 mg)
Marboro - Lights --------------( 10 - 14 mg)
Marboro - Ultra Lights ------( 8 - 10 mg)

Then as the efficiency of the delivery device used increases most folks find nicotine level in liquids needs to be decreased.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
First, welcome Librarob. And thank you for this info, as many have mentioned, very few of us on this forum use the 808's or any of the cig-alikes for that mater. Since undoubtably there are some that do, or some that wander into the forum for information on these devices, thank you again. You have provided information that probably few here could.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
Oh wow I'm suprised of the amount of comments already, thank you all for your responses.
I do have questions about voltages and cartomizers.
I'm curious about what happens when you use certain voltages with certain cartomizers? Now lets say I have a Low Resistance Cart (2.0 ohm), Standard Resistance Cart (2.5 ohm) & High Resistance Cart (3.0 ohm). I saw this handle thing on a video that goes from 3v to 6v. What happens when you try all the different volt settings on all 3 versions of carts?
I was wondering if there was ever a video on youtube of someone actually trying this idea.
The easiest way for me to solve this would be for me to buy that OMG Mod thing but I'm not working at the moment.

Last edited:

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
Ok Everybody I just got this information from this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75V9y0qxHCU

Low Resistance 1.7 Ohm (3.3V - 4.2V)
Low Resistance 2.0 Ohm (3.7V - 4.5V)
Standard Resistance 2.5 Ohm (4.2V - 5.0V)
High Resistance 3.0 Ohm (5.0V - 6.0V)

Now by using these voltages for each cart do you get the exact same vaping experience for all carts or are each of these carts always been completely different?
I was always told that Low Resistance was a Hot vape, Standard Resistance was a Warm vape & High Resistance was a Cool vape.
Was I only told this information because the batteries I used was only at 1 set voltage (3.7V - 4.2V)?

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
I now just came across this info off of the post
ohms [Archive] - Vapor4Life Forums
Thanks to Snowdragon
Now I notice that "watts" are a major factor in my research. It is labeled as the sweet spot in vaping.
So my new question now is If I used all these carts:
Low Resistance 1.7 Ohm
Low Resistance 2.0 Ohm
Standard Resistance 2.5 Ohm
High Resistance 3.0 Ohm
But I used the correct voltages for each cart to come out to "5.34watts" would I experience the exact same vape out of each cartomizer?
I think this is the question that is most important so far, I think I'm onto something here.
If I understand this stuff correctly I just need to figure out the amount of watts I prefer when I vape. But in order to know if I'm right I need that question answered.

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
Ok I figured out the Information I was looking for as far as Volts & Watts to Cartomizer Ohms.
The next thing is very simple I want to list all of the KR808D-1 Slim E-Cig Batteries with the Voltage information.
What I'm trying to find is slim KR80D-1 Batteries that have "Regulated Voltage", so If you know of any that are regulated let me know.
These are some of the brands I know of so far, regulated, unregulated & not sure; The "Smokeless Image - Volt" & the "Bloog - Maxx Fusion" are the only ones I saw that actually said the word "regulated".

*Vapor4Life - Vapor King [Volts(4.2V - 3.7V) Nominal 3.97V]
*Smokeless Image - Volt [regulated at 3.6 volts]
*Bloog - Maxx Fusion [regulated at 3.6 volts]
*Halo - G6 [Battery Actual Voltage 3.3 - 4.2 volts, Battery Rated Voltage 3.7 volts]
*V2 [Voltage: 4.2 volts]
Apollo Ecigs [Normal working voltage: 3.3~4.2v]
Bull Smoke [Voltage: 4.2 volts]
Cigavette - Premiere [Voltage: 4.2 volts]
*Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore [Normal Working Voltage: 3.6V-4.2V]
*Electronic E Cigarette | Joye | Dekang | Kanger | Smoktech | Innokin | EVcigarettes | Electric Vapor Cigarettes LLC [Voltage: 3.6V - 4.15V]

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
As of right now the only Ecigs with a regulated voltage that I could find are these 3 Ecigs *Smokeless Image - Volt, *Bloog - Maxx Fusion, *Halo - G6; all regulated at 3.6 volts. I also found this one Ecig *Mig Cig; regulated at 4.2 volts.
Are there any other Slim KR808D-1 Ecigs with regulated voltages? preferably 4.2 volts, 3.6 is kinda low I think.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Was I only told this information because the batteries I used was only at 1 set voltage (3.7V - 4.2V)?

Yes
When you cannot adjust the power the higher the resistance the less power( also heat and vapor) you achieve at the coil

With variable batteries you can use what you prefer and adjust the power to make the coil act how you want

librarob1987

Feb 2, 2012
Long Pond, PA
juggler86 I'm actually trying to figure this out for a youtube video I'm planning on doing in the future. So I've been trying things out. Actually recently I compared using a 3 ohm cart with batteries that were 3.6 V regulated, 4.2 V off the charger and diminishes at 3.7 V & a PassThrough at 5 V. I did in fact notice a difference in the vape between the voltages, changes in Flavor,Throat Hit and Clouds of Vapor at 5 V. And for a 3.0 Ohm Cart I think 4.2 V would be the perfect vape for me if it was regulated. The Mig Cig according to quite a few on Youtube that it is regulated at 4.2 Volts. I just ordered the Mig Cig So Hopefully its a good battery, we'll see what happens. I am doing this for me and others who stumble across this post that are interested. Not everyone wants to vape out of something that looks like a cigar to a light saber. So I'm basically trying to recreate the smoking experience the best way I know how. So far I think this experiment is going very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread