Let's Put our MONEY where our mouths are !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Illinois
As I have been cruisin the threads on the looming FDA ban of our precious
VAPORIZERS, I can't help but wonder if once just this once a small group of motivated Citizenrey could truly make a difference. My answer is a rousing H_ _ L YES ! In my opinion what needs to be done in advance of a ban is EVERY MEMBER,GUEST,SUPPLIER,MANUFACTURER and downright sick and tired of BIG BROTHER over my shoulder tax payer should contribute whatever they can towards a newly created E-Cig legal fund. This fund can be set up no different than countless grassroot,help with my medical bills,saw the please give can at the grocery store funds are done. I am quite sure we have Forum Members right here in our midst with the Legal wherewithall to help establish it securely. The first order of business would be to gain an injunction against the FDA and the special interest groups looking to ban this smoking alternative until we have our day in court. Together we have POWER,INFLUENCE and BIG MONEY !
Any Thoughts ?
P.S. I'm in for $500.00
TimmyT

Last edited:

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
I love the idea, but sadly I am dirt poor. I could contribute like $20 but hey, I guess every little bit helps.

Also, not trying to be a pessimist, but we can't possibly raise enough money to compete with the bank accounts of Big tobacco and Big Pharma.

Not trying to derail your idea because I think in the end it is a great one, but we need to realize what we're up against.

TimmyT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Illinois
Calaban,

The math could work and it doesn't matter what people give as long as they give.
Consider this :

20,000 contribute $10.00 = $200,000
20,000 '' " '' $20.00 = $400,000
20,000 " " " $50.00 = $1,000,000

TOGEHER WE HAVE POWER !
TOGETHER WE HAVE INFLUENCE !
TOGETHER WE HAVE MONEY !
TOGETHER WE CAN WIN !

AS Roosevelt told the rough riders :

The credit belongs to the man who is in the arena. Who's face is marred with dust,sweat and blood. Who knows the great enthusiasms,the great devotions. Who spends himself in a worthy cause. And if he fails,he fails while daring greatly so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat !

pwholmes

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN, US
I brought up the same point in another post. Just a rather poor cab driver at the moment, but I could definitely pony up a 20 here, a 20 there. And if 100, or a 1000 of us sent in 5, 10, 20, 100, whatever they could afford from time to time, I'm sure the fund would build up rapidly, and we could hire the best counsel.

Paul

TimmyT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Illinois
Lets keep this going ! How bout SJ putting a banner @ the top of the forum to direct contributions and assisting in setting up the legal fund. Not sure what Legal Beagle we could use but i'm sure Dr Nitzkin could point us in the right direction. Thank you GoodFella for your offer. All we need is more like minded individuals to get this off the ground.

Vaporpuff

Mar 26, 2009
Miami, FL
This is a great idea to have for a rainy day but I wouldn't want to pick a fight either. As of now we're walking on thin ice. But it would be nice to have something like that ready for "when" the issue arrives. Obviously the money held in a safe and trustworthy account like an escrow or something.

Just an idea. Suppliers can add something to their site before a customer checks out accepting donations towards the issue informing customers about the issue at hand and asking for their support.

Maybe we can save up enough to start up a manufacturing company of e-liquids and get them approved by FDA! non-profit of course. hehe no? eh worth a shot.

Last edited:

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
There are a lot of people wanting to throw money at this but I don't see a whole lot of effort into developing an organization worth throwing money into. Getting money comes near the end of a long road of putting an org together. First thing you need to do is find a board of advisers (Dr. Siegel comes to mind) and from that develop a scope and charter. I guess it comes down to how serious are you guys about this and who wants to do the dirty work to make it happen? I am in... but are others?

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
This is a great idea to have for a rainy day but I wouldn't want to pick a fight either.
I have to disagree. It's far far harder to undo a ban then it is to stop one from happening. Look at Marijuana, it took us 50 years to start looking at as something that can be used medicinally and has some value to our society. While ecigs are not the extreme case Marijuana is, the point still stands.

Part of this problem is a public relations one and that has to be tackled is some shape, way or from before anyone can even approach the legalities and politics of it.

ratfink

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
How about Dr Nitzkin's organization ? Legitimate enough ?
I wasn't aware he had a organization dealing with ecigs.
amd buy the way sometimes all it takes is a little faith and belief to accomplish the impossible. Remember he who has little to risk has little to gain.
It also take hard work. Nothing worth anything comes easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread