Let's Talk Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I'm the same way. I like highly restricted air flow. Sometimes I feel like we're in the 5%.
It depends on the atty and build for me , the Rose's airflow is about the same as a kayfun , I use those as my go to atty's but if I'm running the Aqua V2 at .3 ohms I run it wide open to counteract the heat , I run the Magma wide open with duals but the Veritas mostly closed off with a .7 ohm single coil .

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
What's the airflow like on the Lemo? The subtank works wonderfully but it's way too airy for me, I have it half covering the single hole, it's fine, but it doesn't lock into place there so it either ends up closed or open the next time I use it.

And why do I like these really tight draws? With everything get air-y-er, I'm beginning to feel like a freak ;)
The air flow is adjustable. It may move on you. I have an o ring in mine, to help with that. (Lemo Drop) The more I vape, the more air flow I seem to like. But, I don't usually have air flow wide open. (it just depends on what the atty is) The Kayfuns though are wide open as I can get them. The rest of my stuff I close down a little.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
For me it's very much atty and juice dependent.

I use the KFL's and ErlPrinz's with 12mg juice which I use Mouth-to-Lung hits.

The Drippers, Subtank Mini and Aqua V2, I Lung Hit with them wide open and use 3 - 6mg High VG juice.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
80 sheets of KohGenDo arrived with a 'Amazon' sealing tape. Mamaw was curious, so I explained it to her.
"God help us..!" she remarked. (she's not a big fan of my trying DIY)
"Do you remember me giving you a full bag of cotton balls ?" I asked.
"Yes."
"That's why." I replied.
no more comments after that. Although she is starting to get a little antsy over the money/ time I spend anymore. Maybe after another Woodvil and a couple of Resin Mods, I'll move my collection to the top shelf of her new Corner Curio in the livingroom...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
80 sheets of KohGenDo arrived with a 'Amazon' sealing tape. Mamaw was curious, so I explained it to her.
"God help us..!" she remarked. (she's not a big fan of my trying DIY)
"Do you remember me giving you a full bag of cotton balls ?" I asked.
"Yes."
"That's why." I replied.
no more comments after that. Although she is starting to get a little antsy over the money/ time I spend anymore. Maybe after another Woodvil and a couple of Resin Mods, I'll move my collection to the top shelf of her new Corner Curio in the livingroom...
She has probably never understood you and she's not about to start now.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
She has probably never understood you and she's not about to start now.

Oh, she understands me pretty good after 30 years...
and I understand she's mentioned a new Bedroom Suite for the Master Bedroom earlier this week. But I don't think Rob O'Neill sells furniture ;)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Got a few pages behind on this thread.
Not sure about this one.
S-body Style Variable Wattage Box Mod Sliver

This one looks good and comes with the RDA.
Geyscano 50w VV/VW Box Mod + RDA Black

I haven't used the box I made in BF mode much. It's been used as a standard mech with the Mutation at home. I'm just not sold on bottom feed compared to a fill and forget tank when I'm out. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm sure to put the bottle in from time to time. For me the tank works better.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Got a few pages behind on this thread.
Not sure about this one.
S-body Style Variable Wattage Box Mod Sliver

This one looks good and comes with the RDA.
Geyscano 50w VV/VW Box Mod + RDA Black

I haven't used the box I made in BF mode much. It's been used as a standard mech with the Mutation at home. I'm just not sold on bottom feed compared to a fill and forget tank when I'm out. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm sure to put the bottle in from time to time. For me the tank works better.
It works better or just a convenience thing?

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
It works better or just a convenience thing?
I think it's more of a convenience thing. With the BF I have to think about how I set it down and not over squonking to keep it from leaking out the air holes. I know I could get the hang of it but the tank doesn't need any of that. Just fill and forget.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I think it's more of a convenience thing. With the BF I have to think about how I set it down and not over squonking to keep it from leaking out the air holes.

That can happen, but I've been squonking so long I don't really even think about it. If I take three or four chain vapes, I squonk. And I always set my PV's down upright. I even built little homemade stands for my ProVaris for that purpose. Besides, I have two cupholders and one coffee cup, so the second must be for a Reos !
Seriously, it's all whatever one prefers /is used to...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I think it's more of a convenience thing. With the BF I have to think about how I set it down and not over squonking to keep it from leaking out the air holes. I know I could get the hang of it but the tank doesn't need any of that. Just fill and forget.
That has always been a big plus of a tank system. Fill and go. And they have the performance of a tank system pretty close to drippers these days so it makes them even more attractive. And by most accounts even the prebuilt coils perform pretty dang good.

Reactions: DavidOH

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014

David, I was recently given a bottom feeder mod. I love it. I think if you get an air fed atty from the top, or mid section, you will like it. I wish I had started out with this thing. But you live and learn. I am going to keep my mechs, and most likely my vv/vw mods, for the off chance they will be banned, in the future. But for me, the bottom fed atty is the way to go. I have the Reo Grand LP, and it is superb. I love drippers, and they keep growing on me. I was constantly having to pull out the bottle, and add more drops. With this thing, it is just marvelous. Since I got this, the other stuff isn't get near as much use, as before. I still need them for flavor changes, but in the future....I hope to have more bottom fed attys, and mods.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
OK, so two weeks ago I ordered an Achilles Clone from Frog in Fog. It showed 'In Stock', and they happily took my payment. But since then my order shows "Restocking / Awaiting Items Arrival". So now I am on indefinite Holding Pattern, eventually to begin a halfway around the world journey through US Customs. This is why I have always stayed continental for my gear....

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
OK, so two weeks ago I ordered an Achilles Clone from Frog in Fog. It showed 'In Stock', and they happily took my payment. But since then my order shows "Restocking / Awaiting Items Arrival". So now I am on indefinite Holding Pattern, eventually to begin a halfway around the world journey through US Customs. This is why I have always stayed continental for my gear....
I'd raise a little hell with'm Papaw , I'd demand to know why it showed in stock and it hasn't shipped , tell them they better up their game or you're taking your business elsewhere .

Reactions: DavidOH

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'd raise a little hell with'm Papaw , I'd demand to know why it showed in stock and it hasn't shipped , tell them they better up their game or you're taking your business elsewhere .
and then go in the vendor's forum and rip them a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread