Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Hi all!

Welp, I did it. I got myself a CoolFire4.

But not just ANY CF4. What took me over the edge was when I discovered that Phiniac is now doing etched and powdered coated mods. They are, simply put, amazing. I’ve held and used a stock CF4, and the difference is both significant and magnificent.

They offer three different options (for the coating):

Basic: 40% shine.
Sparkle: A sparkly powder coating (see my pic for reference).
Mirror: 100% shine.

Any of the three options greatly reduces the scratchability & chipability factors.

Interestingly enough, the premium we pay for it is nominal. Still under $50, yet an absolutely gorgeous mod by pretty much any definition.

If anyone is considering a CF4, this is a no-brainer.

That is really gorgeous, Kat! Yours too, DPL!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
One difference, though, is that there isn't that nifty 510/ego connector at the top.

That will be a plus for Katya :- ) it can come off when removing a topper ... but I like them as well. I remove just the tank to fill and leave the base in place ;)

Really, the battery cover is the only thing that really irritates me. For people that use usb charging and a dedicated battery, they might not care.

Really like any tube mod around forever (and most box mods until recently), so I don't suspect many will have a consideration on it. Again, I do like the Subox though since it's easier to change the batt... not so much about the safety aspect. And for current 'best practice' it's better/safer? than using a usb to charge a replaceable battery ;)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
The eLeaf GS Air M is cool. But for a Tank on a Small APV, I prefer the GS Air MS.

Eleaf GS Air MS

BTW - The New eLeaf GS-Tank is just starting to become Available.

$11.93 Authentic Eleaf GS-Tank Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.15ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It is supposed to be about the Same Height as the GS Air MS. Only in 22mm diameter. And can use the Same Heads as the M/MS.

zoiD...everything you say is true!!!

It's just...for me...I prefer function over looks. So capacity is my prime consideration.

GS Air MS...2.0ml

GS Air (original)...2.5ml

GS Air (V2)...3.0ml

GS Air M...4.0ml.

Eleaf GS Air Fan | Page 492 | E-Cigarette Forum

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

It's just...for me...I prefer function over looks. So capacity is my prime consideration.

GS Air MS...2.0ml

GS Air (V2)...3.0ml

GS Air M...4.0ml.

You can add me to that list, Gerry. I have three 5ml SS Naughties locked & loaded at all times, just for out & about. Capacity rules.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

GS Air MS...2.0ml

GS Air (V2)...3.0ml

GS Air M...4.0ml.

I totally agree, Gerry. Why they didn't add the extra mil to that new tank is beyond me! Even with another mil, it would still be shorter than the M simply because it is wider.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I was very excited to get my 50W Heatvape Defender in the mail today.

Efun.top has the 50W Defender for $44.99 with FREE shipping.

Has anyone here ever dealt with them???

heatvape defender 50W box mod - $44.99

I was thinking of getting 2 50's and another subox (Kbox mini) and I may go 1 and 2, as the Kanger Subox batt has a great magnetic door on the end - real easy to pop but stays in place.

Are you going to wait for the spring-loaded 510???

Taste Your Juice | THIS JUST IN FROM KANGER…

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

GS Air MS...2.0ml

GS Air (V2)...3.0ml

GS Air M...4.0ml.

You can add me to that list, Gerry. I have three 5ml SS Naughties locked & loaded at all times, just for out & about. Capacity rules.

I totally agree, Gerry. Why they didn't add the extra mil to that new tank is beyond me! Even with another mil, it would still be shorter than the M simply because it is wider.

It all just gets down to Personal Preferences. And One Size Never Fits All.

When I'm Out-n-About, I like to carry something Small. An iStick Mini 20W and a GS Air MS is a Great Set-Up. And Very Pocket Friendly. For me that is.

But I have a Friend who likes to Carry a Dual 18650 Mod with a 6ml RBA even if he is just going to the Post Office to drop off a letter.

Really Isn't any Right or Wrong. Just what a Person Likes.

If I could Only have 1 RTA and 1 Mod, it would be Something a little Bigger than a 3ml Tank. And It would Definitely be a Mod that had more mAh that an iStick 20W Mini. LOL.

But for the Price that RTA's and Mods have gotten to, and for as well as Today's Hardware works, it is Hard for me Not to have an Out-n-About small set-up. And a Larger set-up for when I'm Not Mobile.

At Least this is the Justification I use to buy New Mods and RTA's.

That and Backups. I use that one a Lot when buying something I Don't Really Need.

LOL

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Are you going to wait for the spring-loaded 510???

Taste Your Juice | THIS JUST IN FROM KANGER…

Well, I'm going to get the Defender 50W first and try it out. And getting it at hgifts which doesn't have a black one now... no rush.... ;) So if by the time that happens, the spring loaded Kbox mini is in, I'll likely get that but for me, it isn't a deal breaker, so I'll get whatever is available at that time. I'm liking the Kanger Aerotanks with these devices - I have done some rebuilding but I have a stock of Kanger coils lol... and it's so much easier to just replace the coils and less problems in general. Cost - at that level - isn't a factor.

I'm seeing more 'pro-rebuilders'/sub-ohmers at the local shops opting for the pre-coiled Aspire replacements lately - naut/altantis, and clones.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
But I have a Friend who likes to Carry a Dual 18650 Mod with a 6ml RBA even if he is just going to the Post Office to drop off a letter.

Really Isn't any Right or Wrong. Just what a Person Likes.

Hiya, "Friend"! ;)

With a backup, even.

And agreed, there is NO right or wrong. My best friend leaves her house with few mods, plus 200-300 cigalikes in her purse (just in case...). :lol:

I grab two Billet Boxes, or a Provi w/5ml tank and roll on out.

We vape, we laugh, we live. :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hiya, "Friend"! ;)

With a backup, even.

And agreed, there is NO right or wrong. My best friend leaves her house with few mods, plus 200-300 cigalikes in her purse (just in case...). :lol:

My Theory is if what a person uses Keeps them from Smoking Cigarettes, then it is a Damn Good Set-Up.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My Theory is if what a person uses Keeps them from Smoking Cigarettes, then it is a Damn Good Set-Up.

And quite a plausible theory it is. Be it Built or Blister-Packed, it's a marvelous setup indeed. It ain't Marlboro, and that's that.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
My "out and about" used to be an 18650 tube (with fresh battery) and full Kayfun AND a 1300 or higher Spinner type with a full T3S or PT2. My Cloupor Mini with another KF is starting to replace that 1300.... although that Spinner on a lanyard I do still find great when driving. If I suddenly want to use both hands for the vehicle, just let go - it's not going far!

Yep, any "kit" that keeps us off the cigs is a good kit!

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
I was browsing the efun.top site and noted that Kanger is coming out with a new Subox Nano, smaller than the mini.

• Fires To 50w
  • Supports 0.3Ω
  • OLED Screen
  • Magnetic Battery Door
  • 18650 Battery Compatible
  • Available in Pink, Purple, and Possible Silver
  • Nano Size
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Atomizer Open Circuit
  • PCB Over Temperature Protection
  • Cell Capacity Protection
  • 10-Second Cuttoff
  • Height – 82mm
  • Length – 38mm
  • Width – 22mm

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Well, I'm going to get the Defender 50W first and try it out. And getting it at hgifts which doesn't have a black one now... no rush.... ;) So if by the time that happens, the spring loaded Kbox mini is in, I'll likely get that but for me, it isn't a deal breaker, so I'll get whatever is available at that time. I'm liking the Kanger Aerotanks with these devices - I have done some rebuilding but I have a stock of Kanger coils lol... and it's so much easier to just replace the coils and less problems in general. Cost - at that level - isn't a factor.

I'm seeing more 'pro-rebuilders'/sub-ohmers at the local shops opting for the pre-coiled Aspire replacements lately - naut/altantis, and clones.

Just in case anyone missed the brilliance of the Kent.

I have done some rebuilding but I have a stock of Kanger coils lol... and it's so much easier to just replace the coils and less problems in general. Cost - at that level - isn't a factor.

Hiya, "Friend"! ;)

With a backup, even.

OMG! Who would DO that!!!! :shock:

I was browsing the efun.top site and noted that Kanger is coming out with a new Subox Nano, smaller than the mini.

• Fires To 50w
  • Supports 0.3Ω
  • OLED Screen
  • Magnetic Battery Door
  • 18650 Battery Compatible
  • Available in Pink, Purple, and Possible Silver
  • Nano Size
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Atomizer Open Circuit
  • PCB Over Temperature Protection
  • Cell Capacity Protection
  • 10-Second Cuttoff
  • Height – 82mm
  • Length – 38mm
  • Width – 22mm

Ummm......

"The Kanger Subox Nano is being offered in Pink and Purple. It looks as if the Nano is being specifically designed for females. A silver color is heard will make for guys."

But but but..... what if I want Silver, and DPLongo wants Purple? :confused:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Ummm......

"The Kanger Subox Nano is being offered in Pink and Purple. It looks as if the Nano is being specifically designed for females. A silver color is heard will make for guys."

Who are you kidding? You know you want PINK. If DPL wants purple, he can pull a Caitlin Jenner move :lol:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Ummm......

If it doesn't come in black it's a non-starter for me.....:cool:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I was browsing the efun.top site

Do you have any good/bad experiences buying from them???

Well, I'm going to get the Defender 50W first and try it out. And getting it at hgifts which doesn't have a black one now... no rush.... ;)

GB has the BLACK Defender 50 W for $46.00 with FREE shipping...

Original Heatvape Defender 50W VV / VW Variable Wattage E - cig Box Mod with Digital Display OLED Screen - 510 Thread-46.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread