Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Efun.top has the 50W Defender for $44.99 with FREE shipping.

Has anyone here ever dealt with them???

I got my Defender from them. No problems whatsoever, good customer support.

Long version--I ordered a Defender 25 W (it was on sale), they ran out of stock and sent me an email asking if I would accept a Defender 36 W (at no extra charge) and their apologies. :D

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Do you have any good/bad experiences buying from them???

GB has the BLACK Defender 50 W for $46.00 with FREE shipping...

Original Heatvape Defender 50W VV / VW Variable Wattage E - cig Box Mod with Digital Display OLED Screen - 510 Thread-46.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

er... I had two on pre-order there - several replies on the 'ticket' got nowhere - I cancelled or told them not to send..... The pre-order never showed up anywhere except on the original order page but that must have gotten lost.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Just jumping in to this thread, cause I gotta be honest - dual 18650 mods and full size boxes just ain't doing it for me.

The only "mini" devices I have are a couple of mech tubes and the ipv Mini 70w. My ipv Mini 70w is my go-to device nowadays. Recently I've gone from the IPV Mini 70w to the ipv4 to mech tubes and back to the IPV Mini.

I've put in a pre-order on the IPV D2, and haven't seen much about it on this thread, just kinda curious what others are thinking about it.

Replaceable 18650s are pretty much a must for me. There are times I'll go a week or so living out of my rucksack, which unfortunately doesn't come equipped with a USB charger, but readily accepts a bunch of charged 18650s.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just jumping in to this thread, cause I gotta be honest - dual 18650 mods and full size boxes just ain't doing it for me.

The only "mini" devices I have are a couple of mech tubes and the IPV Mini 70w. My IPV Mini 70w is my go-to device nowadays. Recently I've gone from the IPV Mini 70w to the IPV4 to mech tubes and back to the IPV Mini.

I've put in a pre-order on the IPV D2, and haven't seen much about it on this thread, just kinda curious what others are thinking about it.

Replaceable 18650s are pretty much a must for me. There are times I'll go a week or so living out of my rucksack, which unfortunately doesn't come equipped with a USB charger, but readily accepts a bunch of charged 18650s.

It's a nice looking little mod - a Stratum knock off. If I was in the market, this would be on my list.

Especially if it came in Pink.

Anybody seen my heels?

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
I don't see it as a Stratum knock off - different chip, different shape, different button placement, different charger, etc... About the only thing in common is they're both approximately the same size - generally about the size of the istick.

Is the Stratum a TC mod with N200 and TI built in? I've seen some pics on a couple forums, but haven't seen specs or prices for it.

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't see it as a Stratum knock off - different chip, different shape, different button placement, different charger, etc... About the only thing in common is they're both approximately the same size - generally about the size of the istick.

Is the Stratum a TC mod with N200 and TI built in? I've seen some pics on a couple forums, but haven't seen specs or prices for it.

I do, but it's not really relevant to anything. Coming from me, it's a compliment, not a snipe.

Like I said, if I was in the market, it would be way up on my list. I'd want to see it hit the market first, to make sure there were no inherent issues, but its size & shape definitely work for me. Seems to be priced attractively too, assuming the pre-order prices hold up.

Worth watching, that's for sure.

Reactions: Katdarling

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
Yeah, I'm hoping it performs well. I'm not all that excited about the TC, since I've always had more success with kanthal/nichrome. Plus, I fail to see how a 28 gauge coil would vape the same as 24 gauge, which is what I normally use. Of course, there's a very real possibility I'm just not very good all building ni200 coils; haven't tried titanium yet.

Also, kinda hoping the finish on this one is at least a little better than the black IPV Mini... If I look at the mini wrong half the paint flakes off.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
5f84db91df9ee45a45ed2b0d840364f0.jpg

Still vapes just fine, though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, I'm hoping it performs well. I'm not all that excited about the TC, since I've always had more success with kanthal/nichrome. Plus, I fail to see how a 28 gauge coil would vape the same as 24 gauge, which is what I normally use. Of course, there's a very real possibility I'm just not very good all building ni200 coils; haven't tried titanium yet.

Also, kinda hoping the finish on this one is at least a little better than the black IPV Mini... If I look at the mini wrong half the paint flakes off.

Yeah, I've got a wrapped one. It's in great shape but I don't use it any longer.

I expect better too, from this one. Hopefully they won't let us down.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

TC works but it's very different from building for kanthal/nichrome. With TC the vapor will suffer if the juice flow / wicking can't keep up (less vapor instead of dry hits) or if the airflow isn't sufficient for the juice flow and temperature selected.

Balancing the wicking, airflow and temperature is 100% different from a kanthal/nichrome coil. Where dry hits or juice burning or gurgling might have occurred, with TC the result is simply less, too cool or no vapor. It's like we're all n00bs once again.....:lol:

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
TC works but it's very different from building for kanthal/nichrome. With TC the vapor will suffer if the juice flow / wicking can't keep up (less vapor instead of dry hits) or if the airflow isn't sufficient for the juice flow and temperature selected.

Balancing the wicking, airflow and temperature is 100% different from a kanthal/nichrome coil. Where dry hits or juice burning or gurgling might have occurred, with TC the result is simply less, too cool or no vapor. It's like we're all n00bs once again.....[emoji38]
I've played around with ni200 builds, just not too much recently. I'm getting some titanium wire in to give it a shot. For me, nickel is kinda a pain to work with, and the super low resistance means using 28 or 30 gauge when I'm used to 24 gauge. Despite all the benefits of temp control, there just ain't no way 28 gauge wire is gonna vape like 24.

With titanium, I should be able to use 24 gauge with single coils, or 26 gauge with dual - which is what I use already, just nichrome 80.

Haven´t received the Presa yet. I receive in PO Box in the States and they take another week to bring them to Honduras. I already received a Cool Fire 4 I had purchased to give as a present. Its so pretty in purple I´m kepping that one and ordered one in amethyst for the gift!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've played around with ni200 builds, just not too much recently. I'm getting some titanium wire in to give it a shot. For me, nickel is kinda a pain to work with, and the super low resistance means using 28 or 30 gauge when I'm used to 24 gauge. Despite all the benefits of temp control, there just ain't no way 28 gauge wire is gonna vape like 24.

With titanium, I should be able to use 24 gauge with single coils, or 26 gauge with dual - which is what I use already, just nichrome 80.

I've had Very Good Luck using Titanium Grade 1 Wire.

I just have to set the Temperature about 100 Degrees F Lower because my TC Mod does not have a Ti Setting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread