Long time thread stalker, new member...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Stacey

May 23, 2017
Hey there.

I've been vaping about two years now, and quite often check these forums when I need some info.

Finally decided I should sign up and say hello... perhaps even join in some discussions.

Burning issue for me right now... and I've seen a few different answers on the boards... Queen flavour concentrates from the supermarket.

I've got a few, find they're about the strength of a doubler (and where else do you get 50ml of a doubler for around $2 but Woolworth's?) - but someone recently told me that the Queen stuff isn't safe to vape... specifically, they suggested that the negligible sugars in some of them, as well as food colouring, are carcinogenic.

Any thoughts on this? All I can find about sugars, after days of research, is that they gunk coils. With colouring, all I can find is that a small percentage of people may be susceptible to allergic reactions...

But I quit smoking to avoid cancer, so I don't want to willingly inhale carcinogenic substances...

Cheers.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Boompumper

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2017
Southern California
Welcome!

I'm guessing you don't mean this 'Queen's flavors': Premium Eliquids for electronic cigarettes - Queens Eliquids Kind of doubt Woolworth would carry that.

Google is failing me so all I can really say is: safe for consumption doesn't necessarily mean safe for vaporizing and inhaling.

There are several flavor manufacturers that cater specifically to vapers, should be able to find more about them in the DIY e-liquid section.

Stay safe.

Reactions: Simon Stacey

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hey there.

I've been vaping about two years now, and quite often check these forums when I need some info.

Finally decided I should sign up and say hello... perhaps even join in some discussions.

Burning issue for me right now... and I've seen a few different answers on the boards... Queen flavour concentrates from the supermarket.

I've got a few, find they're about the strength of a doubler (and where else do you get 50ml of a doubler for around $2 but Woolworth's?) - but someone recently told me that the Queen stuff isn't safe to vape... specifically, they suggested that the negligible sugars in some of them, as well as food colouring, are carcinogenic.

Any thoughts on this? All I can find about sugars, after days of research, is that they gunk coils. With colouring, all I can find is that a small percentage of people may be susceptible to allergic reactions...

But I quit smoking to avoid cancer, so I don't want to willingly inhale carcinogenic substances...

Cheers.
Welcome to ecf. I personally don't use flavors from a super market. They are loaded with sugars, and do have food coloring which has been discovered just from consumers using these products in everyday cooking that they are not good for a body.

Flavors geared towards vaping are available from just about anywhere in the world. Most have removed any type of coloring. Most flavors from these vendors are also suspended in pg and or ethyl alcohol(which needs to breathe to allow it to disapate) before vaping.

If you are interested in reading/asking questions about DIY, ecf has a huge section dedicated to that here.

DIY E-Liquid

Just scroll down the page.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

Simon Stacey

May 23, 2017
Cheers.

I've purchased flavour concentrates from vendors multiple times... and while the prices are decent, I have to pay exorbitant postage each time (I'm nowhere near a vape shop...)
One thing I've noticed is that the concentrates I've purchased never list their ingredients...
The Queen stuff I've purchased - one flavour has no sugar, the other shows < 1%.
My specific question is... does vaping sugar/colouring (all of it has colouring...) cause any known significant risk? I've had bad reactions to some commercial fruit flavours deemed safe for vaping... none from these - but I won't keep vaping it if we KNOW it's worse than the other stuff...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Cheers.

I've purchased flavour concentrates from vendors multiple times... and while the prices are decent, I have to pay exorbitant postage each time (I'm nowhere near a vape shop...)
One thing I've noticed is that the concentrates I've purchased never list their ingredients...
The Queen stuff I've purchased - one flavour has no sugar, the other shows < 1%.
My specific question is... does vaping sugar/colouring (all of it has colouring...) cause any known significant risk? I've had bad reactions to some commercial fruit flavours deemed safe for vaping... none from these - but I won't keep vaping it if we KNOW it's worse than the other stuff...

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk
Some of the DIY'ers add sucralose to their vaping liquid so I am not sure what type of sugars are in the grocery store ones. Frutose?(sp) maybe? I know you need to stay away from food coloring red. That one has been shown to possibly cause health problems. You could do a google search, looking at the food coloring to see if anything pops up.

:)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey there.
Cheers.
Welcome and glad you joined. Sugars, food coloring, diacetyls etc. all may be harmful to your health. Stay away from them if your bothered. I'm a believer in moderation and select my transgressions carefully.
Might like to read:
VapeWild Test Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread