Longest lasting/best 18650 cells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
VCT5a actually got better results than the 4 with mooch. 4 got constant 23, whereas 5a got constant 25. Both peak at 30 for his vaping safety rating. I was really surprised myself.. but hey, might as well get the extra 400 mah.
3.3, thanks, i will need to do some recalculating.
Not that I think it matters in this case if it's splitting between 4 batts.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
VCT5a actually got better results than the 4 with mooch. 4 got constant 23, whereas 5a got constant 25. Both peak at 30 for his vaping safety rating. I was really surprised myself.. but hey, might as well get the extra 400 mah.
3.3, thanks, i will need to do some recalculating.
Not that I think it matters in this case if it's splitting between 4 batts.
The VTC5A's are my mainstay, love those batteries.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Rx200 and the 2/3 cut off around 3.3-3.5 depending on wattage, most mods cut off around there also. To op; LG HG2 and Samsung 30q are excellent choices, I personally use HG2 in my RX200 and Realoux DNA 200, I use VTC4, Aspire 1800 and some old HG2 batteries for my dual battery devices.
My rx200 (several) cut off around 3.2v. Vaping at up to 75w (most often less).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vesh

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
My rx200 (several) cut off around 3.2v. Vaping at up to 75w (most often less).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Sounds about right, 3.5 is where mine cuts off at around 120 watts. Keep in mind it's going to depend on what batteries you use and how old they are.

Reactions: Vesh and KenD

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Ok, I guess I could have mentioned that I have three 25R's, four HG2's, and four HB6's (for my stacked tube mods). I was running the HB6's in the 300 today while at work and by the time I got home they were about drained. I know they are 1500 mah and that would cause them to not last all day so I'm wanting a battery that can last me all day (vaping at between 130W and 150W) and still have some juice incase I need to run errands after work and not have to carry around an extra case with 4 cells. So if I'm understanding y'all correctly I should look into the VTC5A, VTC6, HG2's or the 30Q cells. They all should work for what I'm asking out of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok, I guess I could have mentioned that I have three 25R's, four HG2's, and four HB6's (for my stacked tube mods). I was running the HB6's in the 300 today while at work and by the time I got home they were about drained. I know they are 1500 mah and that would cause them to not last all day so I'm wanting a battery that can last me all day (vaping at between 130W and 150W) and still have some juice incase I need to run errands after work and not have to carry around an extra case with 4 cells. So if I'm understanding y'all correctly I should look into the VTC5A, VTC6, HG2's or the 30Q cells. They all should work for what I'm asking out of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep, they will all work in this case, with the vtc5a being the safest, and the other's having the best run time by 15% ish over the vtc5a.
All will be way better run time than the 1500 mah.

Trust me on this, if you go for the 3000, the 30Q is the best.. Basically it's a battery that can vape at 25 amps if needed, and will give you exactly double the capacity of your current batts :)

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm going to be getting the vtc5a's in the future though bc I like how they fit better in some of my mods.

Yep, after safety and capacity (which I consider how long a battery will serve my load), then I look at how/if they will fit on my mods. Don't fit easily/well, the rest in academic.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I think Mooch had initially rated the HG2's @ 18a and then retested them and concluded they were indeed great 20a cells.

Other way around...
    The HG2's I had tested over the last few months of 2016 weren't performing as well as earlier ones. Probably due to only lower grade cells being available because of the huge demand last year for them. The only difference between 18A and a 20A rating for that cell is a 6°C temperature increase and a slightly greater voltage drop at 20A for the later ones vs the earlier ones.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    Well I had gotten a few that turned out to be fakes, luckily the place let me send them back, but after that I switched to Samsungs. I'm going to be getting the vtc5a's in the future though bc I like how they fit better in some of my mods.
    Sorry to hear you got fakes.

I am always concerned about this. So far i have bought vtc5a's from supersports600 at ebay, which according to aussie forums is a trusted battery seller, and 2 local aussie vape stores. I did ask the vape shops if they were definitely authentic and of course they said yes, but how can you really tell? There seems to be plenty of info on how to spot vtc4 and 5 fakes but not the 5a. I'm still paranoid, cause the 5a's are in my smok 220 watt mods and are used for more intense purposes than my regular all day vaping. I wouldn't mind that extra bit of assurance if there are any suggestions i could use to verify their authenticity.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Sorry to hear you got fakes.

I am always concerned about this. So far i have bought vtc5a's from supersports600 at ebay, which according to aussie forums is a trusted battery seller, and 2 local aussie vape stores. I did ask the vape shops if they were definitely authentic and of course they said yes, but how can you really tell? There seems to be plenty of info on how to spot vtc4 and 5 fakes but not the 5a. I'm still paranoid, cause the 5a's are in my smok 220 watt mods and are used for more intense purposes than my regular all day vaping. I wouldn't mind that extra bit of assurance if there are any suggestions i could use to verify their authenticity.

Unfortunately I cant provide much info on how to identify a fake VTC5a. If you are confident that the supplier you purchased them from is reputable then I wouldnt be too concerned. The way I see it is, every supplier(no matter how reputable) will eventually get a batch of fake cells, or one or 2 might slip through. The important thing is how the supplier handles it when it does happen. Do they offer free replacements? Full refunds? Are they diligent in testing random cells to ensure authenticity in the first place? If so, how are they tested and by whom? In my opinion these are the questions to ask when sourcing batteries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread