Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Puff count and length impact battery life as well as wattage. On single battery mods I get somewhere around 12 to 15 hours, sometimes more from a Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6. On a dual battery mod with the same cells I get well into the second day on two cells.

I vape 10W to 12W, seldom higher. If I vape 3mg/ml juice my batteries last shorter times than if I vape 9mg/ml juice all day. vaping higher mg juice cuts my juice consumption and extends my charge life considerably.
Yes of course. Hours or days, or or even the number of puffs are a poor criteria for evaluating battery performance. To me, the best one is: How many ml of juice were you able to vape?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Might not want to do this as a newer vaper... but... you could change the Firmware on your mod to ArcticFox.. this software allows for selectable charge rates...... in addition to give DNA style adjustability.

I will note.... external charger is best and SAFEST way to charge LION batteries..... see news articles about exploding batteries...... most cases happen when charging.... and don't envolved vaping.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Thanks @DaveP , @Rossum, @93gc40. Covered most of that in original post. And thanks for the Arctic Fox recommendation. But I've considered & researched it, and it doesn't really bring anything to the table that I really need at the moment- I've been extremely happy with the P80's overall performance, including TC.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Thanks @DaveP , @Rossum, @93gc40. Covered most of that in original post. And thanks for the Arctic Fox recommendation. But I've considered & researched it, and it doesn't really bring anything to the table that I really need at the moment- I've been extremely happy with the P80's overall performance, including TC.
I suggested it. Because you can use it to adjust the charge rate of your mod.... set it up for a bit slower and gentler charge. Personally I rather leave the mods charging alone for emergencies and use a stand alone charger.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I didn't notice the part about 2 ml of juice on the battery. That is really not much.

I use .5 ohm SS coils in TC with the wattage set at 20W. With single battery mods, I easily get thru over 10 ML of juice with one LG or Sony battery.

So definitely sounds like something wrong with only 2ml

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, okay - busted! I'm so used to saying 2 ml, but truthfully, I tank mix so much, I'm not really sure anymore, but probably closer to 2.5 or even sometimes 3 by now. Really, the only thing probably "wrong" is the quick charging for a couple of months. I mean, that thing is fast.... full charge in less than an hour. I'm sure that's done it's damage. So when I posted this, I was really looking to see what my next batteries should be.

If a regular charger gets my new 25r's thru the day, I'm set - guessing it will. And I'll just keep 'em until they wear out, then get 30Q's.
Thanks!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Samsung 25R. Standard charge 1A. Max Rapid charge 4A. Charging at 1A will prolong overall life time of the battery. But I doubt you are currently charging them at 4A. Your mod has internal maximum charge rate of 2A. That should not be a problem

Specs:

• Flat Top
  • Nominal capacity: 2500 mah
  • Max Continuous Rated Discharge: 25 amps (at 25 degrees C)
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6v
  • After a fresh charge: 4.2v
  • Cycle info: Capacity drops to 60% after 250 full charge/discharge Cycles
  • Don't discharge below: 2.5v
  • Standard Charge: CC/CV @ 1 amp / 4.20 volts +/- .05v, 100 mA cut-off
  • (Max) Rapid Charge: CC/CV @ 4amps / 4.20 volts +/- .05v, 100 mA cut-off
  • Impedance: 22.15 +/- 2 milliohms
  • Weight: 45g
  • Height: 64.85 +/- 0.15mm
  • Diameter: 18.33 +/- 0.07mm
  • Operational Charging Temperature Range: 0 to 50 degrees C (best below 45 degrees C)
  • Operational Discharging Temperature Range: -20 to +75 degrees C (best below 60 degrees C)

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Okay, if anyone is curious: I got the Nitecore. Brand new unused 25R charged fully. Yesterday, finished the day at about 40%, rather than the 15-20% I was getting using the USB. So it does make a significant difference to do the 1A standard charge vs. the 2A quick charge - at least with the Wismec P80 mod.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Okay, if anyone is curious: I got the Nitecore. Brand new unused 25R charged fully. Yesterday, finished the day at about 40%, rather than the 15-20% I was getting using the USB. So it does make a significant difference to do the 1A standard charge vs. the 2A quick charge - at least with the Wismec P80 mod.

You might be interested inn the Eleaf Invoke. It's a dual battery 220W mod that will get you from one day into the next on two 20A 3000mah batts. If you are vaping like you described, you'll probably get a full two days or more on it.

The Alien 220W is another dual battery mod with long vape time.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
You might be interested inn the Eleaf Invoke. It's a dual battery 220W mod that will get you from one day into the next on two 20A 3000mah batts. If you are vaping like you described, you'll probably get a full two days or more on it.

The Alien 220W is another dual battery mod with long vape time.
Thanks, Dave. I probably won't get a 2 battery mod soon, as I prefer smaller, more pocketable mods...for now. With the charger, it's plenty to get me through the day, and I may pick up a couple of 30Q's, and should have power to spare.

But I have seen the Invoke(not in person), and really like it. It looks to be about the smallest 2 battery mod out there, nice screen and people seem to love them some Eleaf. I also like the IPV 6x, and it has a Yihi chip, which is supposed to have surpassed DNA in TC and some other respects. (Yes, I say I won't get one, but that doesn't stop me from shopping!;))

My son's got an Alien, and it's a big heavy best, and I'm not too keen on Smok products.

Do you use the Invoke in TC? If so, how well does it work for you? BTW, I really do love this Sinuous P80! Very small, comfortable, does TC well, and I like the look & form factor.
upload_2018-2-17_14-23-9.png

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love my invoke, it gets fantastic battery life and the board seems to convert power very efficiently. TC mode is good as well, it's just an all around great vape, and the size and form factor make it even better. I love the centered 510 as well, and although it's extraordinarily light build quality did not suffer ONE bit. I won one, and I think it's my absolute favorite win to date. I really love eleaf products and that includes the invoke. I've got my ares on there now, and it's a fantastic pairing, it really is.

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I love my invoke, it gets fantastic battery life and the board seems to convert power very efficiently. TC mode is good as well, it's just an all around great vape, and the size and form factor make it even better. I love the centered 510 as well, and although it's extraordinarily light build quality did not suffer ONE bit. I won one, and I think it's my absolute favorite win to date. I really love eleaf products and that includes the invoke. I've got my ares on there now, and it's a fantastic pairing, it really is.

Anna
Yeah, Anna - it was your post of the Ares on top of the Invoke that made me first notice the Invoke. That's why I love when people post pics- it's how I found the P80. Glad to hear you're liking it, and that you got the Ares working for you. Maybe my next mod will be a dual battery, and if I were to pick now, it'd probably be the Invoke. Was just looking, and the IPV 6x was on sale for only $16 last week, but sold out. (I still wonder why notifications on threads I'm watching are so hit and miss???) Was bummed I missed that, but then I found out it was under voluntary recall, due to not having reverse polarity protection. Yihi is supposed to be a great chip, but I guess Pioneer doesn't have the best engineers/qc.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks, Dave. I probably won't get a 2 battery mod soon, as I prefer smaller, more pocketable mods...for now. With the charger, it's plenty to get me through the day, and I may pick up a couple of 30Q's, and should have power to spare.

But I have seen the Invoke(not in person), and really like it. It looks to be about the smallest 2 battery mod out there, nice screen and people seem to love them some Eleaf. I also like the IPV 6x, and it has a Yihi chip, which is supposed to have surpassed DNA in TC and some other respects. (Yes, I say I won't get one, but that doesn't stop me from shopping!;))

My son's got an Alien, and it's a big heavy best, and I'm not too keen on Smok products.

Do you use the Invoke in TC? If so, how well does it work for you? BTW, I really do love this Sinuous P80! Very small, comfortable, does TC well, and I like the look & form factor.
View attachment 722239
The Invoke is tiny, not much bigger than a Pico. It's a tad shorter than the p80, but about a cm wider. The tc works fine.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As Ken said, the TC mode in the Invoke works well. The Invoke isn't much different in size than the Pico and the center 510 mount lets it accommodate 24mm atomizers leaving a mm or two side space. The bottom battery door swings open to take dual 18650 cells and frees up the top space for atomizer width.

I think the Alien 220W power algorithm yields slightly longer run times on dual batteries. On the Alien I can go into the afternoon of the second day on dual 30Q's. On the Invoke those are done in by lunchtime the second day, but it's a mod that you can grab and guarantee vaping time all day long with time to spare.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread