Looks like another budget squonker is on the way... COV Wraith

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
How does it perform with TC. Can you manually adjust TCR. I mostly just use SS430 and NIFE52. I'd love a dna powered squonker but they're just way out of my budget. Wraith is dual 18650 right?
The wraith does not have adjustable TCR. I'm pretty sure the SS temp control is probably tuned for 316L as that is most widely used.Also,it is only a single 18650 mod.

Reactions: Walter Ego

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Can anyone comment on battery life? Example, how much juice can you get through with your current atty and wattage configuration. For reference, I can go through roughly 3 bottles of juice on my kanger 160 running a dual coil netting 0.3 ohms at 70 watts using 2 Samsung 30Q batteries. Would love to hear similar stats for the wraith.

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015
A few comments on the wraith feels good in hand,battery life at 40 watts so far used one bar for a little under half a bottle. Haven't tried the temp control. My only gripe is the bottle as someone stated before it's too soft or doesn't have a tight seal to pull the e-juice back into itself.

ljusticel

Verified Member
Nov 22, 2014
Upstate NY
Definitely spring loaded. The bottles are pretty soft but not too bad with 50% vg. I haven't tried it yet with 100%. That may cause problems. The menu system is a little weird at first but I'm used to my Pico and sigeli 150. If I could change only one thing it would be separate doors for the juice bottle and battery

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Can anyone comment on battery life? Example, how much juice can you get through with your current atty and wattage configuration. For reference, I can go through roughly 3 bottles of juice on my kanger 160 running a dual coil netting 0.3 ohms at 70 watts using 2 Samsung 30Q batteries. Would love to hear similar stats for the wraith.

So I have only had it for 12 hours or so, so this may be new toy have to play with it battery usage, but I used a Sony VTC4 (2100mah) in it and my build was dual spaced coils at .36 omh. I was messing with it a bunch and try watt ranges from 20 to 70 to see what it would do. In that time I killed the battery in about 5 hours & went through about 1/2 the bottle of juice.

Today I have the Samsung 25R (2500mah) in it and I am running the same coil at 22.5 watts. So far after about 3 hours of use the battery is about a 1/3 gone.

I can definitely report back in a week and let you know what my average was if you are interested.

One negative I have is that there is no onboard charger. I normally just change the batteries cause I do not trust pass though on any device, but it is nice to have the option to charge it up while sitting at work (cant vape where you cant smoke in most places in MN).

Haywire

Aug 5, 2016
Hello everyone,

My first post ever—Woo-Hoo!

I normally make my own squonk mods, I built a Hammond FET 17mL and a DNA200 10mL in a Hydra box.

Recently my 200 went belly up and I decided to start looking at other options, anything other than Evolv chips as both my old 30 and the new 200 took a dump on me in less than 6 months. So I am completely done with them-- this is for another post though!

I went with the Wraith as I liked the looks of it on VH-Billy’s YouTube review and wanted something smallish this time.

The mod is a stylish good looking mod, it feels good in the hand and back pocket and I don’t think it’s too big or heavy.

The 510 bottle connection is BRILLIANT and has yet to leak; coming from FDV 510’s, I can tell you about leaks, I have also found 10ml bottles at my local vape shop that fit the cap/tip-tube with just a little flashing trim at the very top, so if the bottle develops a leak not associated with the tip, I have replacements.

Fit and Finish: there is a stacking tolerance issue between the battery posts, both negative and positive and an 18650 battery. I had an older Efest light purple battery laying around and planed on using it until my replacements came. When closing the latch; I noticed I had to put some force to clasp it, so I pulled the battery out and the positive terminal is dented in, the battery is 0.1mm longer than my others.

Both the Sammy25R and an Efest dark purple fit with no issues and no denting, and as far as I can tell; both batteries give the same life on this mod.

The carbon fiber sticker has the same rough edge as VH-Billy had, I used a RF tweaker tool (nylon screwdriver) and traced the perimeter of the sticker with pressure—no more rough edge.

The Wraith RDA: I started using this along with a Velocity mini and I got to say, the vape quality is nearly identical when using the same coil and wick setup. I keep the Wraith RDA on more and more now as I like the looks, I’m a lung hitter and I keep the air hole setting between the 4 dots and the infinite to give a slightly restrictive hit but get air all around the coil.

Coil: single SS316 fused Clapton 26/32 at 5 wrap on 2.5mm between the posts with shiseido cotton.

The mod reads the Wraith RDA ohms at 0.26, my Sigelei 100+ reads the RDA at 0.2 and my benchtop meter reads it at 0.24.

Unlike my 200 where I used it all day, this mod will be regulated as my commuter and when I go out; as its new, I wanted to get a feel for it, so I used it all day for 5 days.

Battery life: wattage mode set to 58W and power setting to ST, I get around 3.5-4.5mL before I notice a battery drop off at the middle to end of a long pull, checking the battery at this point shows 3.55Vdc.

Temp mode set to SS and 50W max at 350-400°f is a bit anemic; moving temp limit to 460-500 is a warm vape with good flavor for me, the battery life seems only slightly better, maybe .5mL at best.

Setting the temp to 525-550 and wattage at 38-40 has increased the battery life to a solid 10mL and still produces a good slightly warm to warm vape as I like, the volume of vapor has decreased by20-30%, but not the quality.

I’m going to try a different coil, like a fused SS316 Clapton using 28/32 at 3.0mm for a higher ohm to see if there is any difference.

Blind Squonk: Way easy! start with a full bottle, pull the RDA top and press the bottle, get a feel for how long and how much pressure to apply to get the flow and amount you want, then repeat this again after 1/3 of the bottle and again after another 1/3, do this a for a couple of bottles and you pretty much will know how long and how much pressure to apply, after a couple of bottles; I don’t even look at the mod and have yet to over or under squonk.

Is this a great mod?—No.

Is this a good mod? -- Yes.

If it lasts as long as-or- longer than the DNA chips, I’ll be a happy camper and would buy it again at $60.

rangerrobin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Northern California
I'm guessing by the looks it is actually a 15ml bottle and all their literature was misprinted...
Close, someone messed up! :facepalm:

Updated July 26, 2016: Council of Vapor states a typo on its original information sheet was made regarding the Wraith’s bottle size. The correct capacity is14 milliliters, not five milliliters.

I have a previously owned one on the way! :w00t:

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
How bad? That really sucks, got a pic of it?
I saw mentioned about the carbon fiber sticker peeling but haven't heard about paint yet.
I'm not so good with the picture posting but its peeling (Im right handed) right above the "carbon fiber" where my index finger rests around the squonk opening and the edge/corner where the atty sits... so basically any place you touch it with less than your palm

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My Wraith arrived a few days ago...

Overall really not too impressed with the mod or atty. It looks great, but it has that lip stick on a pig or a 3 dressed up as a 9 kind of thing going on.

I doubt the rubber coating or the thin carbon fiber sticker will hold up to daily use.

It seems to be quite hard on the HG2 battery, but I will have to actually measure it. The battery door feels flimsy so time will tell if it survives. No USB port, don't know how I missed that before ordering one.

I have been using DNA's and the HOHM G2 as everyday mods and the TC on the Wraith is very spartan with its options. I wasn't expecting DNA/FSK performance, but I was hoping for at least a basic eLeaf Pico type of TC functionality, it's not even close.

If you switch the Wraith Off while using TC, when you turn it back on it asks New/Same coil every time you turn it back on. Minor, but will always be there, no USB no firmware update.

There are other BF RDAs I am looking at so the Wraith atty will probably not be used much.

The 2/4/8 hole settings on the atty means that airflow will be driven into wicks, posts or both for anything over 2. I found 8 just a little too juicy for my liking.

That anti spit drip tip gets very slimy and needs to be removed frequently and cleaned.

The lack of USB charging, no firmware update possibility and a spartan TC that sort of works leaves the Wraith as a neat to play with V/W squonker IMHO.

If your in the US and can get it with a free battery and juice for $60, then it's a good deal for something to tinker with. If you are in Canada looking to pick one up from the Canadian retailers, save your money it's just not worth it.

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
So Update after a week -
I switched the build on it, I am now running a 2mm single coil at 1ohm at 25 watts and the flavor is awesome.

Battery life is okay. Using a Sony VTC4 I am getting about 8 hours out of it, which ends up being about 3/5 of the bottle.

My paint is not peeling at all right now, still looks good.

I got to say thanks to @rangerrobin for posting the bottle size. Now I'm off to search fasttech for one that will work as a replacement. If anyone finds them before I do, please post a link :vapor:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I got me one ordered yesterday,shipped today,so hopefully saturday i'll get to play with it haha.I planned to get one a while back,but went for the Kanger 160 since it was cheaper,and regrtted that decision as soon as i hit the checkout button,so finally had to make the jump and grab this too.

As far as the bottles,has anyone tried threading a regular 10 or 15ml bottle on it to see if it's the same threading?If a standard 15ml bottle will work,that would be great as you can get them dirt cheap and have plenty of spares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread