Looks like I'm taking the REO plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
If all goes well I should be the proud owner of a Reo Grand LP and Reomizer 4 very soon. While I'm not new to rebuilding I will be new to this style device. I'm seeing lots of pictures powering these bad boys with AW batteries so I can see I'll not be building the way I currently build my mechs (0.3 ohm duel "standard" micro coils out of 24 gauge kanthol, powered by Sony vtc4.) Now I have plenty of AW 2000mAh batteries and kanthol in all gauges between 24-30. What should I build to get me started down this road to vape nirvana that is Reo?

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
Just for reference I can build higher, I usually build ~1.0 Ohm on my Lemo. And for the record my battery collection is:
5x AW 2000 (10 amp limit)
3x red efest 2000 (10 amp limit)
4x (married) Samsung 25r (used exclusively in my Sigelei 150)
2x Sony vtc5
2x Sony vtc4

It already looks like I'll be nabbing a couple more vtc4's next month as my mech army has doubled in size and I like having a pair of charged batteries in reserve.

Glad to know it can handle the sub-ohm, while I'm no slouch I'm just really getting the hang of making good, not perfect, coils and it's nice to know I won't have to change my ritual. I'm mostly happy with the build I'm using and the less I have to change the more I can focus on improving the technical aspects of my coil builds. I'm getting better and am quite pleased with the last handful of coils I built, but I also haven't been changing ANYthing. The same target Ohm, screwdriver to wrap around, gauge kanthol, and type of cotton. This way I can focus on the coil and wicking process.

Cheers!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
If all goes well I should be the proud owner of a Reo Grand LP and Reomizer 4 very soon. While I'm not new to rebuilding I will be new to this style device. I'm seeing lots of pictures powering these bad boys with AW batteries so I can see I'll not be building the way I currently build my mechs (0.3 ohm duel "standard" micro coils out of 24 gauge kanthol, powered by Sony vtc4.) Now I have plenty of AW 2000mAh batteries and kanthol in all gauges between 24-30. What should I build to get me started down this road to vape nirvana that is Reo?

Congrats on the Reo... There is no reason you can't vape @.3Ω on a Reo... I have a .24Ω set up that vapes quite well. You can also use your VTC4's in it as well. I have personally switched all my batteries out to the LG HE2's and get pretty good vape time out of them. The AW 2000mAh's have a lower amp limit than the 1600 and 2200's and don't last very long for subΩ vaping. They need to be changed out quite often. That is why the 1600 and 2200 are more popular.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Congrats! Are you buying the red one from the classifieds? If so, that's a sharp looking mod.

As noted, as long as you have the gold contacts in your REO, build it low and hit it hard. You'll want to pick up some Noalox or Deoxit Gold and apply a very small amount to the contacts. I run Derringers on both of my REOs at .34ohm and use Sony VTC4, Samsung 25R, and XTAR VTC4 re-wraps, all flattops.

Join us in the Catfish Atty Mods thread for lots of BF attys.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lier-forum/581604-catfish-atty-mods-1224.html

And, come hang out in Reoville.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
Yeah, my red batteries are almost exclusively used to power my on the go regulated devices SVD 2, 134, Vamo v5 and eVic. I don't really trust them in my mechs because I play in the sub-Ohm leagues and thus without a kick. Even when I only have red backups I'd rather power the SVD and mini Nautilus than risk danger for a few pulls off a mech. If there's one thing I've learned from this forum: better paranoid than kill a perfectly good battery and quite possibly your favored mod by taking risks.

Yes I'm still in the thralls of Vaper Acquisitions Syndrome, but I'm in recovery. I'm slowing down and can say with certainty I should be set until something game changing comes out. I have a big box mod, a handful of mechs, and some all day carry regulated mods. With the Reo I'll have every major mod type represented in my collection. I have RDA's, RTA's, and Aspire's tanks. Sorry no real love for Kanger, just didn't like them. Gave away my protank 3 and only kept the Aerotank because I like the shape it gives my Hammer.

At this point I'm ready for the Vapepocalypse.

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
Congrats! Are you buying the red one from the classifieds? If so, that's a sharp looking mod.

As noted, as long as you have the gold contacts in your REO, build it low and hit it hard. You'll want to pick up some Noalox or Deoxit Gold and apply a very small amount to the contacts. I run Derringers on both of my REOs at .34ohm and use Sony VTC4, Samsung 25R, and XTAR VTC4 re-wraps, all flattops.

Join us in the Catfish Atty Mods thread for lots of BF attys.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lier-forum/581604-catfish-atty-mods-1224.html

And, come hang out in Reoville.

Reos Mods

I didn't want to make it official until I had the tracking number, but I paid for it this morning. There goes this month's vape budget allocation. ;)

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
Saturday looks to be a very nifty day, my Reo should get here and I'm teaching a friend how to build mechs. I'm going to either loan him my Nemesis with a Plumeveil or give him my Stingray (not X) with the same. (All clones, I'm generous, but not that generous.) Top that off with my extra 4 Samsung 25r's should be coming in too. I'll have to mark the boxes to keep my married ones seperate.

Last edited:

Riff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Texas
It came in today!! I'm loving it right now, but time will tell if it is the end all beat all APV.

photo 2.jpg

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
Save yourself some $$$$ now on shipping and just order 2. Most people stop chasing that perfect mod once they get comfortable with their REO, they realize that all the rest are just trying to reinvent the WHEEL and ROLL with another REO for a SPARE. The others either cut corners to make a $$$ or they will make it more complicated (bells and whistles) than need be to set the hook over charge you reel you in. Example VFS, I almost took the bait even after learning my lesson.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Swamped is dead on, you will WANT two REO's.... I thought that one was enough and now am the happy owner of #2.

Even though I have other regulated bottom feeders I always have at least one REO with me at all times.

Anodized black SL/LP would be my suggestion. It is worth the extra few bucks once it is in your hand.

216b5b05a3a52013075715b2dd34d3f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread