Mako

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I only use protected 3.7 bats in my Mako V3, and find the Midi tube a tad to long for 14500's, and the Maxi tube a tad to short for 14650 bats. Maxing the adjusting screw all the way in with the Midi, and all the way out with the Maxi.

To me it should be obvious that there should be 15mm difference in the length of the tubes instead of just 10mm.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    www.smokejuice.co.uk
    I only use protected 3.7 bats in my Mako V3, and find the Midi tube a tad to long for 14500's, and the Maxi tube a tad to short for 14650 bats. Maxing the adjusting screw all the way in with the Midi, and all the way out with the Maxi.

To me it should be obvious that there should be 15mm difference in the length of the tubes instead of just 10mm.

The midi is designed to take 2 x CR2's as well which are inherently longer than any 14500 hence the extra length. The adjustable switch should take out any discrepancies though as you mention. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My main complaint is with the Maksi tube which is to short for a 14650 protected battery. (the screw is out past flush) So I loose proper adjustment by just pushing the switch sometimes.

P1000566.jpg

It would also be nice if the tube was long enough to add a fuse when Matt comes out with them for 14mm batteries. Which he told me is already in the works.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbCR...UCGXQYbcTJ33at6DF2oTJ0SP7X2hc4llqxcwYxNBC1X8o
    As I eluded to before, bats normally differ in length in increments of 15 (35-50-65), so I don't understand why the Maksi tube is only 10mm longer than the Midi.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 22, 2008
    UK
    www.smokejuice.co.uk
    My main complaint is with the Maksi tube which is to short for a 14650 protected battery. (the screw is out past flush) So I loose proper adjustment by just pushing the switch sometimes.

P1000566.jpg

It would also be nice if the tube was long enough to add a fuse when Matt comes out with them for 14mm batteries. Which he told me is already in the works.
    A PBusardo Video - VapeBashFest Vid 2 - Matt & Brian from EpipeMods - YouTube
    As I eluded to before, bats normally differ in length in increments of 15 (35-50-65), so I don't understand why the Maksi tube is only 10mm longer than the Midi.

Which protected 14650's are you using out of interest ?

The reason (as I mentioned in the previous post) for the maksi tube being only 10mm longer is because the midi tube is longer than would be required for a regular 14500. This is so that it can accomodate 2 x cr2's which are longer than a one single 14500.

A way round this if it is a problem for you (by the way you should never have to back the adjuster back as far as you have because flush on the outside means flush on the inside) is you could add a thin o-ring or two to the switch thread and/or head cap thread.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Jason (electronicstix) hooked me up with some IMR's which puts the screw in 3mm from flush. I can live with that just fine. Might still have to use your o-ring idea when epipemods comes out with the 14mm fuse tho.
    Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    tj

add:
    The protected bats were just the blue no-name bats that came with my e-power.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread